main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StarWars Afterlife

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PadmeA_Panties, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Gand was much appreciative of this retcon. Gand believes that The Essential Guide to Alien Species is the holy book of his race.

2. Silver_mane

Silver_mane Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    It's blue. ;)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/iharthdarth/15863.html

3. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Nice.

-The Scummy-

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Where's Rogue Ten? I want to inform him what I did to his brethren in the Jekk Jekk Tarr, most who didn't even bother to draw weapons.

5. Lolkje

Lolkje Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    My interpretation is something along these lines. I like to think that, if you were good at heart, you become one with the Force and keep your identity. You can see what happens in the material world, but you can't interact with it. For years, even before the prequels, I always imagined Mother (we didn't know her name was Padme then) standing in the hangar at the end of Episode VI, looking over Luke's shoulder as Anakin dies, waiting for him to cross over so she can forgive him. I don't know what happens to the people who were dark at heart, but perhaps the ones who took more than they gave are the ones who lose their identity, an ultimate justice. I see the Jedi being able to retain a strong connection with the LIVING Force when they die, thus able to interact with living beings who are attuned to the Force.

I also take the heretical step of disagreeing with the way this "force ghost" business was handled in Ep. III, with Yoda seeming to say, "By the way, let me explain real quick something people have been curious about since 1977. Your friend Qui conveniently discovered this new technique, see, that you'll need to know about in 20 years or so..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.