main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STARWARS ANONYMOUS ( up the stairs) ------->

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by cruznseal2, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    Hi,i'm mike, i'm here because i just can't get excited about starwars anymore.

I've been away from the borders for a while purely because i can't bring myself back into the star wars excitement that encompassed my life about six weeks ago. I haven't seen AOTC for four weeks, I?ve stopped scouring every toy isle for star wars toys, i haven't been on the force.net in about 3 weeks and i just haven't mustered the strength to even attempt a lame post on the borders here until this point. my boba fett t-shirt has been sitting in my closet for a unorthodox amount of time and the other night while i was at work stocking mayonnaise instead of watching star wars at Tracie?s i realized how far i had sunk. now I?m back because I still stop and stare at star wars chip bags and hum the love theme, but something is gone now and star wars just doesn't feel the same. and the worst part is for the longest time it didn't even bother me.

well I?m back and I?m feeling better already I'd really love to do something with the group again so maybe I?ll try to swing by MIBII. well anyway thanks for reading my gut spill.

-mike

2. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome back, Cruz! We missed you on Saturday. But never fear!--We'll all help you get back into Star Wars fever! :)

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You will be scheduled for immediate reconditioning.

[image=http://www.brunel.ac.uk/research/qi/images/aco/aco_lecture.jpg] [image=http://alpha.fdu.edu/~gradford/alex-clockwork-orange.jpg] [image=http://www.dvdmaxx.com/photos/clockworkorange4.jpg]
    [image=http://www.kubrick-web.co.uk/clockwork/clockwork%202.JPG] [image=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/images/clockwork_big.jpg] [image=http://www.dvdmaxx.com/photos/clockworkorange1.jpg] <--- Another satisfied convert! :D

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    WB, Cruz. Good to see you again. I was wondering how long it would take Tom to post those pics under SOME topic. ;)

5. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I was wondering what happened to you since the premiere... Welcome back!

6. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    just relax and go find a copy of the trilogy, sit down and MAKE yourself watch the whole thing in one sitting. maybe that'll help.... or just come find me!! i'll get you back in the mood!! YEAH!!! STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!.......ummm where is the group to help people TOO far into it??? down the hall...okay thanks!

7. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Having stocked many a shelf in my time, I can honestly say that Saturday was a far more entertaining situation. I'm a newbie, cruz, and I had a blast--I'd be willing to bet you would have, too. Hope you can make the next one--the more, the merrier.

Plus, if you choose not to come NEXT time, we might send a team of lightsaber-wielding Milwookie Council members (or jedisister's kids) to turn you back to the light side of the force.

8. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Don't worry about it. I have a hard time sustaining great enthusiasm for long periods of time about even the things I love most. If I focus a whole lot on one thing I tend to get burned out on it. If I stay away from it for a while then I'm ok and I can get excited again. Some people can do the continuous enthusiasm, some can't. I can't. Don't worry about it. It doesn't mean that you're losing all interest, you just needed a break.

Welcome back!

9. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm sure Tracey's daughters and I can bring Mike back to the light. Fear my skillz, ladies and gents.

Mwa ha ha...

10. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I don't think there is such a thing as "TOO FAR" for a Star Wars Fan, Red. Most aren't FAR ENOUGH yet. :)

11. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Twisty
    You never stop to make us laugh.

wb cruz Feel, don't think use your instinks and may the force be with you.

thx
    chris

12. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Yea, me and my kids will lightsaber whoop your butt back to the galaxy far, far away!! Just ask Bishop and Bwing!! J/K Mike ;) Sorry you missed the party, we were wondering what happened to you!! Hope you can make it next time. And it is good to see you on the boards again!! Don't make me come after you w/the kids and sabers!! :D

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "...use your instinks..."

Eww... That sounds nasty! Is it contagious?

14. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    No, I think it was another N'Sync rip, Tom. ;)

Jeff

15. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Oh, and yes, Tracey will assault and destroy your face with a lightsaber. My lip is still swollen and at some point I think I took a blow to the forehead, cuz there's a bruise there too.

But I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. It's been far too long since I've fought with plastic sabers, and it was a blast.

Jeff

16. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    thanks, it feels good to be back, i looked through the toy isle at target yesterday (nothing that i didn't already have) so i'll mark that as diffident improvement.

well that?s all for now

oh and congrats to are new prez and VP

-mike

17. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Gee Jeff, I'm REEAALLYY SORRY!! I guess I don't realize my own strength when I am one with the force. It came so naturally...Y'know you do have that Imperial tattoo on your arm, just musta provoked me! ;) (Really, I am sorry!! But it was really fun! :D )

18. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    byob

it is a slame on that dumb boy band:)

i will not say ther name for they do not deserve to be mentioned on these lips :D

later
    chris

19. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
  20. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Boy bands make me go like this:

[image=http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/~sm99ra00/vomit.jpg]

21. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Ok, I empathize but that is just nasty!!

22. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    maybe not in public but that is the general feeling.... and as far as i know it IS possible to be to far into it.... might not have hot the mark yet but i hope i'm close!! hehehehehe

23. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Ewwwwwwwwwww. Thanks for that...lovely...pic, Tom. But I would expect no less from you. ;)

24. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Geez, if all this clever banter fails to bring him back into the fold, I don't know what will. . .

25. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    i think that guy sits in back of me at miller park. small world no?

-mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.