main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Starwars Celebration III

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by cdillon, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Anyone planning on going up to Indy for SW Celebration III this coming April?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Traci and I will be there!

Thanks for dredging this topic out of obscurity, Chad. I'd been meaning to bring it back to life.

We need to start making plans and finding out where everyone is staying during CIII. We also need to start working on the convoy plans for those who plan to road trip it with us.

Mandy: Whatever happened to the group discount for FanForce? Have you heard anything lately?

3. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    my wife and I will be there. i'll be the nerd and she'll be the tag along for support.

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    The McDonald posse from Arkansas will be there vacations are already set. I'll be the nerd in the Stormtrooper armour and they ... well they'll be nekked I guess cause they cant make up their minds.
    See ya'll on the 28th
    Henry

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_dancing] I am so there! I got my hotel reservations already!!!

6. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Grace and I will be there along with my father....I'm still trying to con him into wearing a Vader Costume...he does stand at 6'6"

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    For those of you who have made reservations, where are you staying?

Traci and I are staying at the Downtown Hampton Suites, which is a tenth of a mile away from the convention center.

8. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    I am thinking about going cause my parents live 20 minutes from Indy and I would stay with them for free.

9. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    They want to adopt me for the weekend..?! :)

10. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I am planning on going. A friend from Houston who is mostly a GI Joe collector but is interested in SW might go with me.

I don't know where to stay. What's the best deal?

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Supposedly there will be some special rate with GenCon and LFL, but nothing has yet to be announced. They haven't even put tickets on sale yet.

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, Hypersuck just informed me that registration starts on the 27th.
    Does that mean that you can get rooms thru LFL? Is that why the Hilton and the Marriott are booked that weekend, or have that many fans already reserved their rooms? :eek:

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Are most people around here planning on driving or flying? Maybe renting a van would be a great deal for some of us to share the cost and driving time.

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    A couple of us have rooms reserved at the....Hampton, I think. It is one block away from the convention center and a suite was cheaper than a regular room at the Marriot or Hilton.

Tim and I have a minivan and will be driving. We can "caravan" with anyone else who wants to drive. Other than Rhonda, we haven't heard who else is definitely going.

I think we had another thread about this once with links to hotels and stuff. I'll try to find it.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    CIII tickets go on sale in about three hours, y'all. You can only get them online at The Star Wars Celebration Website.

Tickets are running $95 for all four days (and that's the presale price. It's $110 at the door.) Considering that you're shelling out nearly $40 for Mid-South Con, that's really a deal. Also, when you purchase your tickets, they'll email you a code that can be used to get the special CIII rates at area hotels. I have no info on exactly what hotels are participating or what the rates will be like. If I had to guess from what I saw when I booked my room, I'd say it's going to be somewhere between $135 and $150 a night. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it'll be cheaper than that.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm trying to get our CIII tickets now, and can't even get into the GenCon server to register! Perhaps they weren't ready for the big influx of geeks like myself.

17. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Gah. I've been trying to buy my ticket for 3 1/2 hours now... I'm on the verge of punching something!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I finally get myself registered for their site, start registering Traci, and the damned thing crashes. I think they've been out-geeked.

Of course, you have to register before you can register. What a load of crap.

19. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I'm not sure if it will conflict with classes or not, but I'd love to go.

Celebration II was amazing.

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Damn 404 html error.... [face_frustrated]

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know. It took me two hours just to get me and Traci registered on the site. We haven't even ordered our tickets yet!

Come on, Kyle.... Classes or Star Wars? It's a no-brainer! :p

22. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    at least you got registered, i get nothing but an error message.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We killed it, Dale.

They weren't ready for the power of the Dork Side.

24. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    good thing is I made hotel reservations back in April so I will at least have a decent room. just getting the passes will be the hard part.

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We did, too, Dale. We didn't have to pay in advance for our rooms, and can cancel up till the day before. If the GenCon rates are worth it, we may change hotels. Right now, though, we have a suite at the Hampton Inn, which is not connected to the convention center, but is a tenth of a mile away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.