Memph, TN Starwars Celebration III

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by cdillon, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I couldn't even register to register. :?
    Stupid. You would think they would be on top of this sort of thing.
    Stupid. You would think they would have hyperspace discounts.
    Stupid. You would think they should have let us register with GenCon ahead of time.

Sorry for ranting.

For the record, I am planning on driving a minivan--with or quite possibly without my best friend, so I have room for 2-3 others to come with me and share the gas prices.
  2. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    We're doing the same thing, Jacob. We should start a caravan/wagon train, since we're headed to the "Promised Land".

No... Not Graceland, Lin. That was last year.

Well, the wicked deed is done. Thanks to a 1:30 am allergy attack, and a website that is finally working, Traci and I finally have CIII tickets. When GenCon's site is working, it does indeed work well. It didn't take long at all.

Weesa going to CIII!

Yipee!
  3. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I just looked at the discount hotel rates. The majority of which are .20 miles away and are $125 to $140 a night. (One is $99 a night, but I think it's 8 miles away.) It started with showing me the places with vacancies based on my arrival and departure dates. I asked it to show all participating hotels, but many were booked for some or all of the dates.

Considering the prices we're seeing for what we're getting, I think we're going to keep the room we reserved. And what we have is closer than what's left.

For those who are planning on traveling/caravaning with me and Traci, we're planning on getting there the day before (Wednesday, April 20th) and leaving the day after (Monday, April 25th). That way, we don't miss nothing, and we're well-rested and ready to get our geek on on Thursday morning.

This is so wizard.
  4. Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    *evil thoughts of annoying Star Wars actors by displaying her best fangirl self*

Eeeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeee!!!

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  5. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Sal was joking that we'd have to replace Rhonda after CIII because she'd be stuck in jail in Indianapolis for trying to kidnap Hayden Christensen. We'll probably have to do the same with Grace because Ray Park will be there.
  6. kellilla Jedi Master

star 2
    I finally got my badge and hotel after about 4 hours. I waited til this morning to get my vader topper, and now the site is working fine.

We're at the Omni now, which is where I wanted to be. Time to cancel the backup Embassy Suites room.
  7. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Will Hayden Christiansen be there?!?!?!?! I love him!!! I'm gonna attemt to kidnap him before anyone else gets their chance.
    Anyway, I'm definitely going to CIII. I'm so excited!!!
    My friend is supposed to go too.
    Originally, she was the SW nerd and I was the tag-along. But now I'm really interested in this type of stuff.
  8. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Lori: We've made a convert out of you after all!

Kell: We ended up keeping our reservations at Hampton. By the time I got my tickets, all the hotels with the kind of room we were looking for were not available, leaving those that were farther away than where what we had already reserved.
  9. kellrob Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I registered Robert and I on the C3 site and reserved a room about 5 miles away (guarenteed w/cc, no deposit req). We would like to stay closer, but we cannot pay $100+ per night. I got space at the Days Inn South for $58 per night. They have an indoor pool and whirlpool, and a comp breakfast. I will be getting our tickets a little later. I hope they don't sell out!! I know we are all excited about going. I hope we can all get together during the trip (maybe for dinner or something). We will have lots to discuss at Halloween Movie Night.
  10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Kelly: I haven't heard that they've set a limit on ticket sales for CIII. I don't think you'll have a problem getting passes.
  11. Mkingsley Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As if any of you needed another reason to attend Celebration ...

consider how great it would be to see ...

STAR WARS CHICK[face_love]

Fem-Troopers are soooooo .... I'm sorry, what's the topic of this thread again? I lost my train of thought. [face_whistling]
  12. Timewalker Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I found my way to her site yesterday, thru the lightsaber thread.
    Wow.
    -Joe
  13. Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    my goodness.......*wipes forhead*....
  14. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    A stormie with boobies. I'm torn. I'm not too crazy about the former, but I'm quite a fan of the latter.
  15. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I registered. Now I just need to find a room. The Hampton was sold out. I also don't think that I can caravan w/ Tim and Traci because I will have school. I will probably be leaving Wednesday night or Tuesday morning and coming home Sunday night.
  16. WonderPants Jedi Youngling

star 3
    A stormie with boobies. I'm torn. I'm not too crazy about the former, but I'm quite a fan of the latter.

How about a clonetrooper with boobies who does a striptease? (and yes, I have actually seen this....)
  17. kellilla Jedi Master

star 2
    All of my friends said they'd disown me if I did a femmetrooper costume :B

Crap I lost my confirmation number from the embassy suites reservation... lol hopefully they won't need it when I call.
  18. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Re: swchick--Met her at Dragon Con. She is an attractive woman. Really nice. She did a demo on making a Jango Fett belt w/ pouches out of leather at thedentedhelmet.com's Fett costuming seminar.
    I am sure there will be plenty of femmetroopers at C3. Most of them aren't as racy as hers. I have some pics of others from Dragon Con, but I can't figure out how to post pics here. If only all forums used the code I am used to! (Change is bad! ;)
  19. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So are we interested in getting in on the free space at C3 reserved for Fan Clubs?
  20. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm not. I'd rather be running around having fun than chained to a table. The fan table thing isn't all that it's cracked up to be, trust me.
  21. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
  22. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My friends and I are staying at the Radisson. I don't know what features it has. All I know is that it's .4 miles away from the convention. That's all I care about(Mainly because I'm driving). Gas prices are way too high to waste it driving back and forth between the con and hotel.

Anyway, hope to see y'all there. Hopefully, Sal will have my costume ready and you won't be able to miss me.
  23. Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Time do you have any idea what time you are planning on leaving Wednesday. Because we are leaving Wed. and coming back Sun. night. Im still working on getting an RV so several can ride together and hang out on the way there. Im also checking into buying an old school bus (and let Lin pretend its a blank piece of paper) and evryone can chip in on gas then alot can hang out watch Star Wars in the back, sleep, play games whatever.
  24. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Henry We'll be heading out probably around 5 am on Wednesday. Since it's nearly an 8 hour drive, that'll give us plenty of time to stop and eat, take bathroom breaks, stretch our legs, etc, and still be there to check in at 3 pm.

We're not heading back until Monday, so we won't have to rush back to the hotel and pack as soon as it's over with.

Are you serious about the school bus? You are a brave man to want to take a busload of SW fans on a road trip! :p
  25. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just so long as no-one throws up. That sounds really cool! I probably wouldn't be able to go on the bus anyway, though, since I don't anticipate being able to miss that much school. :(

Speaking of throwing up--half a bucket of popcorn, half a bucket of mussels + Ceasar salad=really long night. :( One more reason to hate popcorn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.