main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StarWars.com Episode III Release Poster!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by MustafarNative, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeJim

LukeJim Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    lol @ the emp doing the peoples eyebrow, that would be the ultimate in laying down the smack

2. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    Complete Saga Release Poster Wallpaper
    1024x768
    [image=http://img237.exs.cx/img237/6237/swposters1024x7681vs.jpg]

dehrian was right about the ROTJ poster so I've used that one. Tell your sister you were right.

Here rather than a fan-art thread because there's no "art" in this, just cropping. Enjoy.

3. NOSTRODAMUS

NOSTRODAMUS Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Looking for HI RES versions of all 6 "official" movie posters. Can anyone assist me here? I found a HI RES AOTC but not English. I already have EPIII in HI RES. Thanks in advance.

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    hmm.for all the carping about vader off-center i think the problem is everything is TOO centered like a triangle. i think it would add more visual composition if everything wasn't so front and centered. anakin looks cool, padme - want more, obi wan looks like sio bibble or gatekeeper from wizard of oz. i have no problem with palps - hard to remember he's the same suave, silver-haired palpatine but that's the dark side for ya. glad mace is included but why on palp's head? bottom line is, it's ok, and i will buy it but would have preferred more than just head shots. and yoda, the flying squirrel, has lost his mystic quality. and that's my favorite, compelling quality of star wars: its mysticism.

5. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    Already I've noticed a continuity error on the poster. Sorry if this has already been pointed out.

Obi-wan's hair !! It's combed the wrong way. To the right instead of the left ! You can see this clearly in the trailer through the "You were the chosen one!" line. it's to the left as we look, right for obi-wan !

You'd think someone would've noticed !

6. --OWNED--

--OWNED-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I too think it's rather uninspired and dull, pretty much like the last 2 from DS.Considering the magnitude and significance of ROTS, it's extremely disappointing that the marketing campaign has been so bloody awful. Still, as long as the film delivers, no one will give a **** about 2 abysmal posters and the glut of tacky merchandise come May 19th.

Bob edit: Profanity must be completely starred out

7. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Anakin and/or Vader is in the center of every poster.

8. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002

i hate this poster.

i hate it because it is so close to being perfect which just makes it all the more painful that it isnt.

my criticisms are no different to the ones that have been stated by a thousand different people already.
    however i disagree with some of the criticisms.
    eg i dont see peoples' problems with the likeness. IMO Dru Stru kicks ass with faces.

there is one thing however that i dislike which some people seem to love. the blue element!
    it just seems so cut and past and awkward.

the PT posters have followed a colour scheme (which i happen to like) and i feel that the intense blue is just too different.

[Jake Lloyd]"I don?t want things to change![/Jake Lloyd]

at first i told myself that i wouldn't meddle and i would respect Struzan's work enough not to photoshop the hell out of it....

...then i heard about Lucasfilm having no such respect so i went to town! (well actually i just made some minor, yet IMO effective, alterations)

My version:
    [image=http://img109.exs.cx/img109/9977/posterna1zz.jpg]

Changes:
    keeping the oversized vader where he is (i happen to like the offcenter thing), i moved everything up; reducing vader's coverage and making Anakin's face the focal point.

ive taken out the blue! yes that?s right i've stuck to the colour scheme!

ive added 3PO and R2 the fact that they were left out struck me as a little odd. i like continuity.

and the homeless dude has been replaced by the The Emperor!

thats about it.

people, tell me if ive done good or just screwed things up

- num

9. JediRandy

JediRandy Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 21, 2002
    "Numanus"... hehe.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The poster is IN STOCK at shop.starwars.com.

It's also at allposters.com, just copy and paste the entire link.

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?CID=0BDC8651D20B4F4FA636103F4EFD6B68&startat=http%3A//www.allposters.com/GetPoster.asp%3FAPNum%3D1122400%26CID%3D0BDC8651D20B4F4FA636103F4EFD6B68%26PPID%3D1%26search%3D45024%26f%3Dc%26FindID%3D45024%26P%3D1%26PP%3D1%26sortby%3DPD%26cname%3DRevenge+of+the+Sith+%2528Star+Wars+%253A+Episode+III%2529%26SearchID%3D

11. RebelTraitor

RebelTraitor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2003
    Very good, Darth Numanus, I like that.

That looks alot better.

I wish someone who could take all the elements off the PT posters and other places to create one Prequel poster, very similar to the Special Editions, made up of three posters.

Another words, AOTC would be where most of the bad guys would be except Maul and Grievous, who would be both on their own movie, but close to the center.

Maul would be on the right side of the The Phantom Menace poster.

Grievous would be on the left side of Revenge of the Sith poster.

Darth Vader I don't know where he should be. The center would look better but he's not in AOTC. Maybe have a trace of him (to foreshadow what's to come)behind a large picture of Sidious.

Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, Zam W, Jango, Slave I, and the Pre-Star Destroyers seen at the end. All of these on the AOTC.

TPM would have Maul, Qui-gon, young Anakin, Anakin's mother, Mace Windu,

ROTS would have older Anakin, Padme, Obi-wan, Yoda, Owen and Beru, as well as the droids.

all the spaceships (in their own respective movies)looking like they coming from the center outwards.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Who thinks this would look good?

Color scheme:
    TPM = yellow
    AOTC = blue or orange? both?
    ROTS = red

12. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    It looks great Darth_Numanus ! But another slight alteration you could make.

Add a couple of Wookies under the Emporer. Who looks like the Emporer now by the way !

And also change the way Obi-wan is standing. There's a better picture of him on the lucasarts home-page.

I would try myself but you've done such a good job and would do a better one than me !

13. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2003
    Well, my poster arrived this morning, and I have to say, framed next to all the other one-sheets from the saga, it looks perfect.

None of the flaws discussed to death matter at all. It simply works.

cm

14. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That looks really good Numanus.

Its seemless. How did you pull that Palpatine off?

15. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Someone altered the poster and added the droids and changed Palpatine. Who did that and where is it?

16. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    frakin bastages at the theatre is gonna sell them all on ebay instead of giving them away when thier done like they used to do.

17. DarthCowboy

DarthCowboy Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    First of all, here is a wallpaper I made for all the posters...hope you like this.

[image=http://www.captainpapajoe.com/starwarsposters.jpg]

Also, do you guys know where I can get hi-res images of the Episode I, II, IV, V, and VI posters?

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    For the final time, could some please tell me where I can get the Star Wars Episode III Official Release Poster with the dimensions 24 inches by 36 inches.

Target, Borders and TRU don't carry posters.

AllPosters.com and Suncoast only have the 27x40 one.

Nothing at Walmart, FYE, Hot Topic, and Spencer Gifts.

Please for the love of God, can someone help?

19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving up to save. Please don't post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.