main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho starwars.com Hyperspace

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by skywalker325, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    are any of you guys subscribed to this? I'm just curious. I'm going to get it ASAP--been hearing about how awesome the webcam is from JCC friends--I have to have this!!

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Ok Here's my offical rant on "Hyperspace"...What the HELL is George thinking? He gives us two subpar badly wriiten prequels and then follow's up by charging us money to use his website in what is clearly a money grubbing, money grab to cash in on the final Star Wars movie. He isn't getting a dime of my money for this service he used to give for free. The sad thing is Im afraid this is the trend of the future on the internet. So let me say it this way, if you are so inclined to pay for something you should get for free go ahead.

3. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    well, I'm upset that he's charging for it--it's not like he can't cover the costs himself. But heck, $20/year. Not going to break my bank.

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    As a famous circus owner once said "There's a sucker born every minute"

5. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
  6. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    "The sad thing is Im afraid this is the trend of the future on the internet. So let me say it this way, if you are so inclined to pay for something you should get for free go ahead."

I wasn't aware that this was aval. but I agree with the Commander on this one. I had a website on CommunityZero where I ran an online RPG. We had up to five chapters (everyone had to write in novel format), pics, polls,and a lot more. Before I knew it, get this, each member (not the "Webmaster") was going to have to pay out $30 a month to stay active on the site. What a load of crap!

7. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    I guess I figure it this way: yeah, it bites; but I'm not going to boycott anything Lucas over it. So I do hope to get Hyperspace access. However, I'll probably never get around to it anyway. :)

8. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    n/m that last comment...

I am a very satisfied customer. Wow, this rules. They are putting a mask on some actor--I have no idea what species, but I don't care right now. THIS RULES!!

-sky

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    How does it feel to sell out?

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    So you would buy anything lucas sold? You actually liked "Howard the Duck"?

11. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    What is Howard the Duck? And anyway, I probably own less SW stuff than you.

And if feels great to sell out. I got to watch them put on Ki-Adi-Mundi's mask last night.

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    A mask...WOW!!! that's worth $127.95 all alone... Maybe they will tell you Vader is luke's father for $99.00...Oh wait that's free sorry...

13. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
  14. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    okay, this is all that needs be said about the measly $20 I paid last night:

I just watched 45 minutes worth of lightsaber practice between Ewan and Hayden. Nick Gilliard was there, along with 1 (2?) choreographers. My jaw is dropped and I'm still grinning (and that's not just because Hayden has bulked up and is looking better than ever. ;) )

For such a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing (watching the pre-production of a favorite movie), I would pay so much more than $20. I've also seen several models of what we (the ppl in the Hyperspace web cam thread) think could become Alderaan (just a guess), 2 sets (we don't know what for yet), the script to the whole freaking movie! (rumor has it a few phrases were visible when Lucas held it up, but I didn't see it), and, my favorite part--sketches for costumes!! After all, the main reason I want all this stuff is to make sure I don't miss ANY costume info!

If you guys are interested, I can pull up the webcam on James's computer at the next meeting and show you the lightsaber duels (all images are cached--this actually happened 3 days ago) or whatever else you're interested in seeing. Don't worry--no spoilers really. We all know they fight. But wow, this movie is going to kick serious butt--I can just imagine that sequence done with special effects.

-sky

15. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    i think it's time to kill this thread!

Edit: well, the lightsabers and special effects would be cool...

16. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    um, the best way to kill a thread is NOT TO POST IN IT! :)

17. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Ya, this means you... :_|
    I'm getting way too many user post notes in my e-mail in-box because of you.... don't you have any other hobbies or things to do???
    (1,310 posts as of this morning at 9ish??? ...and my wife thinks I'm on the computer too much??? Give me a fricken break!!!) ;)

18. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    Why in the world do you have user post notes on me? Or anyone, for that matter. That's insanity, but it made me smile. lol :)

Yeah, I live on the boards, making friends and having fun. I catch between 40-50 posts/day lately. I just sent a PM to a guy thanking him for being user 25 to add me to his WUL: first, b/c 25 is my favorite number; and second, b/c I try to get to know all my "fans". But that also made me lament my lack of personality on the boards that is the reason I have so relatively few watching me.

EDIT: Oh heck, I already have 52 posts today. I'll hit 75, at least.

EDIT2: btw, 1st place has 41,757 posts and counting :)

19. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Why in the world do you have user post notes on me? you know how you have a "watched" user list and you can have an e-mail send to notify you when they've posted...?

I just sent a PM to a guy thanking him for being user 25 to add me to his WUL:maybe you need to send him an update... because now he's # 24... ah, ha, ha, ha! [face_devil]

Edit: i just took you off of my WUL... :)

20. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    hey, don't you like me anymore? :_| Why did you take me off your list? That's sad. :(

I didn't even notice until just now b/c 3 people added me to their WUL today, so the number went up, not down. Still, I *should* be at 27 now :(

21. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    hey, don't you like me anymore? Why did you take me off your list? That's sad.

consider it a character building exercise...

just kidding... you're back on (#28)!

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Just looking over this whole thread...Wendy, did you find out about "Howard the Duck" yet? You need to find out about it...Its horrrifying beyond anything you can imagine

23. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    No I didn't, and now I don't think I want to... *scared look* [face_plain]

EDIT: btw cmdr, you're on here ALL the time and you haven't sent me the member info yet. [face_mad]

And what time are we getting together tomorrow? Again, my vote is at 7:30.

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Sky325,

I'm Lazy and the meeting is at 7:00

25. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    I hate lazy people.
    [face_plain]

Alright, I'll be there as soon as I can, but please don't start talking through stuff before I get there! thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.