main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starwars.com Hyperspace

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DARTH_VERNON, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_VERNON

DARTH_VERNON Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2002
    Will You please give me your top 10 reasons i should join Hyperspace? I'm in two minds as to weather i should or not.

Please Help!!!

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    well, I'm going to argue against joining Hyperspace. Although, to tell you the truth I have no idea what it is. but I'm just against paying for it. That's my gripe :) Anyway, go on. Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.

3. DARTH_VERNON

DARTH_VERNON Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2002
    Well i'm against paying for it...

...So is my mum...

...but i am anyway! :D

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "Will You please give me your top 10 reasons i should join Hyperspace?"

1. Exclusive Episode 3 webcam
    2. Daily (during weekdays) Episode 3 set diary
    3. Access to a rough cut of the Droid Control Ship Raid scene cut from AOTC
    4. First online availability of the Clone Wars cartoon episodes.
    5. Never-before-seen images (including one of Carrie Fisher and her double next to each other in Slave Leia costumes :p )
    6. Access to online "chats" with people close to the production of Episode 3 (Rick McCallum, Nick Gillard, Rob Coleman, Gavin Bocquet)
    7. Ability to view the old "Bantha Tracks" newsletters.
    8. $20/year isn't much compared to how much most of us probably spend on SW-related stuff every year.
    9. All the various smaller perks (free Star Wars related e-mail redirect, etc.)
    10. I don't think I've heard anyone who paid the $20 complain about getting ripped off.

5. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    It doesn't matter how much money we have to pay because it has become a complete travesty that after recieving exclusive information on Episodes 1 and 2 for FREE while they were both in production, the OS has now decided, "If you want to know everything about Episode 3, then you have to pay us $20 bucks".

Oh, you'll get my $20 bucks....when the movie is out in theaters.

It is total BS that we have to drain our wallets just to look at pictures, behind-the-scenes footage, interviews from the cast and crew, etc. on the internet when they should be for free like it was for TPM and AOTC.

Don't you have enough money from your previous films, Lucas?

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    It is total BS that we have to drain our wallets

You HAVE to? I don't recall HAVING to sign up for Hyperspace. There is plenty of behind-the-scenes info for Episode III without it.

after recieving exclusive information on Episodes 1 and 2 for FREE

It wasn't very exclusive, then, was it? :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    yeah,there's still plenty of stuff with out having to pay for it :) it's just when you pay for it.you get a lot of extras like the webcam!!! :D

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I must have missed the daily set diaries, Clone Wars cartoon footage, cut scene footage, and live webcam back when AOTC and TPM were coming out.

Oh wait, they didn't exist back then. The Official Site also seemed to have banner ads back then, which are removed for Hyperspace members.

All of those things would be huge bandwidth hogs if they were free. Making people pay $20 (which really isn't all that much if you think about it) is a way to (1) limit the number of people accessing the site, thereby limiting the bandwidth costs, and (2) recieve some compensation for the bandwidth that those people use.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head, telling you that you have to buy the Hyperspace subscription. Just like nobody forces you to see the movies multiple times in the theater, or to buy the multiple VHS and DVD releases.

Edit:
    "yeah,there's still plenty of stuff with out having to pay for it it's just when you pay for it.you get a lot of extras like the webcam!!!"

Well said. :)

9. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.