main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

starwars.com updates for Celebration Europe

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by CarolynNC, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
  2. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I'm a Hyperspace member but only got a 1 day ticket! Damn you LucasFilm!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's a new update up at TOS:

Here.

I think we will make this a general Official Site Updates thread rather than have them all over the place..

4. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
  5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Great, I missed the one man show at C3, and heard that was a big mistake. I really want to see it.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I want to see that show as well. I've heard good things about it but I've never seen it.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    TOS is reporting that the R2-D2 Droid Builders will be at CE. Check out the news here.

The droid designers will exhibit their creations in their own dedicated room, and will be on hand to talk about their work and share their building tips with fans and potential builders. Special activities and tutorials are planned for the room, too.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    More news here:

Lawrence Noble to Sculpt Live at Celebration Europe
    One lucky fan to take home one-of-a-kind Star Wars bust!

Lawrence Noble, the talented sculptor who has created many stunning original works, including the bronze statue of Jedi Master Yoda installed at Lucasfilm's offices in the Presidio, San Francisco, will be sculpting live during Star Wars Celebration Europe. Noble's studio will be transported to the Animation Art Gallery stand adjacent to the Art Show in the main hall, where he will be talking with fans throughout the show as he sculpts. The artist will create a one-of-a-kind, life-sized bust of Grand Moff Tarkin from A New Hope, the first movie produced in the Star Wars saga.

Hit the link above to see the complete story!

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Wow, sounds like a really cool thing to see someone do that kind of work live.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Collecting track at CE!

Collectors Flock to Celebration Europe!
    March 21, 2007

Visitors to Star Wars Celebration Europe, scheduled for July 13-15 at London's ExCeL Convention Center, will find a dedicated programming track of presentations and talks designed just for collectors of Star Wars treasures.
    Gus Lopez, the mastermind behind previous collecting tracks at Celebration events in the U.S., has put together three days of programming that's not only informative for serious collectors, but also fun for anyone who loves Star Wars, and who loves how the saga has permeated the culture for the past 30 years.

Located in a room dedicated to the collecting cause, Celebration Europe collecting panels will cover a variety of subjects, including many with international themes. Selected panels will also feature non-English language speakers and subtitles.

Hit the link above to see the entire story. I will probably be spending quite a bit of time in that area!

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Even if I'm not a serious collector I remember that it was really fun to hear Gus at JediCon 2004.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I want to hear his talk. I've visited his website many times to look up information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.