main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq StarWars Fan Film

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obi-Neb-Kenobi, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Varza....you got the play on words....right?

HAN: Well, thats the real trick, isn't it? and its going to cost you something extra. Ten thousand in advance.

LUKE: Ten thousand? We could almost buy our own ship for that!

HAN: But who's going to fly it, kid! You?

LUKE:You bet I could. Im not such a bad pilot myself! We don't have to sit here and listen....

Aaron....was making a funny! :D

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah, i got it

that is why i said good luck... forgot to add the kid...

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    That was great! :) Don't ask me to draw anything, I suck at drawing.

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay well looks like this died but i am going to try and resurect it. I would like to try and get working on a fan film on our own...

so lets come up with some ideas we can bounce them around and so on. I am going to see what I can find from those that have done fan films in the past what they recommend.

maybe for the first try something not so fancy but fun...

5. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Don't begin a fanfilm project unless everyone on the cast and crew is trustworthy and totally committed to the project. I speak from experience. Don't hype your fanfilm until it's done. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Sure, fanfilms sound great but very few people realize just how tedious rotoscoping a lightsaber blade is...each second of rotoscoped footage for one saber will take you about half an hour to an hour to complete. That means 30-60 hours of work for a single minute of lightsaber dueling.

Lastly, don't push anyone too hard. The idea of a fanfilm is for fun and recreation. Once it turns into a job, the fun is gone.

6. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I agree with the whole nothing fancy thing, Just make it totally fun!! YAY!

7. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I've rotoscoped a 30 second saber fight, took about 8-12 man hours.... then again that was like 6 years ago

-lor

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    bumping this up, i am working on a script for a fan film. i am hoping to have it done in June or May.

9. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    whooooo! don't tell me till it's done!

10. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
  11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    still working... i keep changing what i want to do for the film. thats the hardest part i am thinking.

12. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    if you need any help don't hesitate to ask one of us! :)

13. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey guys...I'd love to make or be in a film. I've actually made a demo tape spoofing a talk show. It was fun and crazy.

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    unfortnatly i am one of those people that works best alone when i am writting. it gets too confusing with other input.

My first idea doesn't have much of a script. I need a guy in stormtrooper armor for sure.

The other idea is a bit more serious so it is tqaking longer and i am doing research on the story.

I just need a day to sit with no distractions so I can write and let the ideas come. But I need the scripts to be great to get the funding from a group of guys I know that are wanting to start a production company. They are also a connection to some guys in the film industry who stated before they would probably help us out on that end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.