main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA starwars meetup day

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by unihawk, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    a starwars meetup day is planned for june 21
    you can help pick a place @ starwars.meetup.com

2. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    It has been set for June 21st at 7 at the Royal Mile, 210 4th street in Des Moines. Hope to see you there!

3. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    come on Iowa fans let meet.
    we need to get something started.

4. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Sorry man. I live in Iowa City. Des Moines is to far to drive for me as I work a ton of hours and getting away just isn't possible. I sure do wish there would be more posters in the Iowa City area.

5. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Hey BKK, any plans on going to C3? We could pick you up on the way.

6. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I am offering to host the next meeting, or any other gathering before the official meeting next month. Email me at Douglasekinney@yahoo.com if you would like directions.

7. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    We will have another meetup on Monday, the 19th, at 7:00 at Loco Joe's in Ankeny. Hope to see you there! Go to starwars.meetup.com to sign up for free, if you haven't already.

8. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    next meetup is aug. 16th

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Did you guys and gals make it to the August 16th meeting? I'd like to post it in the Mid-Rim if you did, because it means two down one to go. ;) Good luck you're almost at official FFdom!

10. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    Yes we did. We also had a small pizza party on the 7th of aug. @ a member home. So far 6 have come to the two mon. meetings and 4 made it to the pizza nite. We have an all day viewing of the OT DVD on the 25th of sept. planned with 5 so far coming.
    We would love to be an official FFdom group.
    Keep us posted on what we need to do to make that happen.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    IIRC, you've got the three meetings required to become a official FF done. The only thing I worry about is this I pulled from the fanforce.net FAQ page:
    [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page.

You might want to talk to DarthJurist about that for sure.

According to the same page all you have left is to pick a City Rep and a title for your chapter and you're official. Congrats guys!

12. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    Next meetup is set for Mon. 9/20 @7pm.
    See ya @ Cup O' Kryptonite on Fleur.

13. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I emailed community@dmreg.com about our meetup on the 20th, so maybe they'll print something about it in the paper.

14. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    We will also be meeting to watch the OT on DVD -9/25.
    Check out www.starwars.meetup.com for time and place.

15. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    Oct meetup is fri. the 15 @ 7pm
    we will be at the Cup o' Kryptonite on Fleur.

16. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    The Nov. meetings is Fri. the 19th.
    Same place and time.
    Hope to see you there.

17. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    good luck unihawk....wish I could join you.....

;)

18. JediPatrick2177

JediPatrick2177 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2004
    That would be cool to meet up hope maybe I can join you guys if I dont have to work, Des Moines really needs to get active with there fanbase!

19. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    We love to have you come JediPatrick.
    We will have about 8 people.

We are also collecting toys for the Toys for Tots drive so if you can come feel free to bring a small SW toy.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm going to post your meeting info on the tf.n main page. You guys should almost be official IIRC. Start thinking on who you will elect as CR and an official name.

21. JediPatrick2177

Nov 12, 2004
    I will certainly bring a toy! And do you guys have a specific table you guys sit at, should I just ask where you guys are, or how will I find you, also, I would truely enjoy setting up events and etc for the Des Moines FanForce, so if you guys would trust me with such an honor I would be extreamly flattered, I have to much spare time and not enough things to do in them <laughs> anyway, I shall see you guys on friday, always enjoy making new friends, and especially friends that love the Star Wars universe as much as I do!

The Master of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit!
    JediPatrick

22. unihawk

Mar 23, 2004
    You can't miss us the coffee shop is small. we are going to take up at lease two tables. I'm bring SW boardgames to play.

If you would like to be the DSM CR , I don't think any one would be upset. I'm the organizer for the starwars.meetup.com so if you would like to help out I would love it.
    Thank Uni Hawk, Jedi Master
    see ya on Fri.

23. JediPatrick2177

Nov 12, 2004
    I am also going to notify afew friends of mine about the Des Moines Fanforce, so with luck, we can start building a decent fanbase in which we will have pleanty of members to become "Official" (sp?) as well we should think about having a decent turnout at all the "Cons" that are sponsered here in Des Moines, that way we can continue to grow, the Des Moines area as far as I can tell has been pretty weak with its fanbase so far, and I think it would be great to get to the point where we have over 50 - 75 members instead of 9 or 10. If we get that big of a membership, then I can try and work alittle magic and get us reserved EPI III tickets at discounted prices, and stuff like that. Hopefully through word of mouth, we will grow to a decent size where we can have big events. I would definitely enjoy the responsibility of CR if you guys dont mind, I think this will be a fun and exciting venture.

JediPatrick

24. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Sorry I haven't been watching this board for a while. Glad to have you along, JediPatrick, and I think we all share the same vision of getting more people to come out of the woodwork. Let me second the motion of having you as CR. See you on Friday.

25. JediPatrick2177

Nov 12, 2004
    oh and dear oh dear maker of costumes, I am in need of a Storm Trooper, or any kind of trooper as long as its imperial, professional grade, costume, Joining the 501st as well, so hey, if ya can do this, let me know, and how much it will be, I would appreciate it.

JediPatrick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.