main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Starwars music videos and fanfilm

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well, i guess, after years of hiding, i've decided to showcase videos that i've previously worked on but either didnt have the time/space/audience to show to, or just plain embarassed about it. since i cant really host much stuff on my homepage space on my pacific internet account, i'll slowly post links from www.yousendit.com

Alternate ROTJ Ending right click and save target as(or right click and save link as, if u are using firefox)

details of video:
    8.55mb
    one of the first ever videos i did while slowly teaching myself, trial and error, on video editing. this was back before i even used adobe premiere.
    basically wat i just did was change the background music with... well, u'll have to download and play the file to find out.
    footage is unedited special edition ROTJ(non-hayden/dvd vers) ending. apologises as the 3rd/5th of the video onwards contains just the credits. i was hoping to concentrate more on the music and footage before the movie ends. blends in nicely with the credits music, well at least thats wat it sounded like before i re-encoded it into wmv.

oh and for those who cant play it, pls download windows media player 10 from microsoft website.

i admit, this is rather amatuer stuff, from a professional's point of view, it was nothing much but cut and paste. but if u overlook the ease of creating it, and concentrate on the music and footage, i hope u'll enjoy and appreciate it.

ps: i noe the music may sound a bit cheesy, but imho, i think it fits into the ending nicely, with the scenes falling nicely into the music... even some of the lyrics go well with some scenes.. again it was one of my first efforts. pls dun flame me, lol.

uploading more videos currently, pls hold

(for thoe who's wondering why i edited this so much, i couldnt get the links to work at first, lol)

2. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    this one's an incomplete video production. this was my final project that i had ever done, before i finally ran out of space for my raw videos. and since i was using a rather crappy processor previously a cyrix C3 900mhz cpu, it didnt really help much...

Karma - Tribute to Obi-Wan Kenobi left click on link, and u'll be brought to the yousendit.com webby. just click on the appropriate links there after to d/l the file.

details of the video
    39mb
    i could onli complete like around maybe 75% of the video, didnt have the space or time to rip raw footage from epi2 dvd(thats why it was named alpha2, i didnt think its refined to the point i could call it beta, haha). i didnt even have time to play with scene transitions, and towards the middle and end, there seems to be a mess of footage, which doesnt really play well with the music, but like i said, i didnt have time to refine it. even one of the epi4 scene looked bad due to wrong resizing of the resolution when i ripped the raw video.

contains footage from epi1 and 4. music is Karma, by a melodic metal band called Kamelot. i hope to complete this music video in the future, once epi3 dvd is released, and i have more footage and a better pc(or mac hopefully) to play with. used adobe premiere 6.5. this is when i had slightly more experience as compared to before, haha.

encoded in divx
    go to www.divx.com and d/l the codecs if u cant watch the video. feel free to post qns if u have any problems watching any of the videos i've posted

NOTE: this file will disappear 7days after today from the server, so pls everyone, d/l asap, otherwise i'll have to upload the file on yousendit.com again. =\
    the first file isnt affected, coz i've loaded it on my own homepage space, so no worries about it being lost.

3. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    for mac users, if u are experiencing difficulty in playing the first video, like music onli w/o picture, well make sure u've installed the latest windows media player for your mac, which should be vers 9(10 is available for windows/pc onli)

4. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    anyone...? why no comments one? :_|

5. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    here's some shameless thread bumping.. sigh
    :_|

6. siaosaber

siaosaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    the first one , the music is a bit cheesy :p . the second is ok but some sound effects would be nice :)

7. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    I actually kinda liked the music, to me it did sorta blend in well with all the actions and stuff...impressive, great job!(Damn,i can't even do that!)

8. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    thanks.. but the first one was a fluke, like i said, unedited footage, i just thrown in the music.
    as for the 2nd, i wont be able to add in sound fx, w/o having the music from the original footage interfere with the new music..

9. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hmm..I felt the celebration part of the first one was a little too long, but otherwise good. (to quote aanakin, "I can't even do that!") I couldn't open the second one though... =(

10. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Faiz, the Master. One word.... WOW.

11. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    but the first part when DV is being burnt, is supposed to be a bit sad rite?

12. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    jedi healer: well yeah sorry bout that, i dunno where exactly to cut off during the credits =\
    as for the 2nd video, have u managed to d/l it at least? and when u said u cant open, we're talking literally cant open, or u can run the video, but like either the video or audio is present alone?

aanakin: correct.. well i guess u have to force your to overlook that part.. or feel joy at anakin skywalker's release from the dark side, and becoming one with the Force(though the opening lyrics at that point of time is just wrong, "we get it almost every night" when vader was just set on the pyre..lol)

trying to get my fanfilm up on yousendit.com
    apparently it failed last nite as i slept. trying again now

13. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Great job, Faiz! I thought it was pretty good...correction very good. You are one hardworking Jedi!

14. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    gee thanks...
    but its really something old..
    havent done anything recently to be proud off =\

15. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    WATCHIN THE 1st one HAHAHAH NICE NICE WELLDONE

16. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    OMG WHERE IS..2nd one?? someone upload again pleasE!

17. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    gd qn, i cant find it either. hmm
    darn. anyone noe where i can host videos for others to d/l other than yousendit.com?

18. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    For the "alternate ROTJ ending", I personally don't think the music fits. But that's just my opinion, and anyway some of the things I'm thinking of doing are probably even cheezier. =) Perhaps I should also upload some of the things I've done and will soon do, soon...

19. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    haha, just add on to this thread man.

anyway i've managed to upload the fanfilm i produced..nearly 4yrs ago..when i was just 18yrs old! LOL
    and when i was much much skinnier.. =\

anyway here's the link first

Redemption
    its around 43.3mb

here's some facts about the fanfilm

-created for a shortfilm contest
    -i only got to hear about the contest 1mth before the closing date, lol
    -took me 2 weeks to get the right ppl to come together and get a script done and refined
    -took me another 2 weeks for them to practise the acting to the saber fighting
    -took us 1 day to film(halfway filming, we ran out of dv cam batt, so we had to use a powerpoint, which resulted in severely acute cam angles at times
    -took us another day to finally edit the footage into something... watchable and send it in for the competition
    -unfortunately we didnt win anything as it the others that sent in their shortfilm had help from their own schs/institutions, making theirs look rather professional..
    -meant to be serious film, but due to some cheesy lines and bad acting, it turns out to be a sort of reluctant comedy, haha.

i think we can use and refine some of the saber moves in this film for our next fanfilm yah? haha

ps: the sith didnt get a proper death scene as i totally forgot all about it, and the fight scene location was, well recycled. u'll understand when u see it. and ultimately it was filmed in a carpark of a private estate somewhere in nassim road(orchard), where the ang moh foreign talent actor stayed in.

get ready to laugh hard, and oh, the volume can be rather soft, so turn it up a bit. we didnt really have a boom mike to play around with.

20. GED_EYE_GUY

GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey man, just saw "Dancing In The Jedi-light" ;)
    Loved it man. When you think about how the toploader music vid shows that band member walking from inside the party to the outdoor area, where there's colourful light bulbs strung out in the darkness, it connects to the whole celebration feel doesn't it?

Nice pacing I thought. The beat warrants the slow pans in the video. Yeah, I know how you feel when the shots just fall nicely in sync with the music. Feels like you're the da bomb.

And for Karma, fav moment is from 1:40 - 2:05. Especially the "And here, I stand. A small, and simple man" -- where the saber clashing corresponds to the beat. And when Obi starts to sprint. Was like watching something from Transformers the Movie for some reason hehe.

21. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    YEAH! U GOT IT MAN! thats wat i visualized when i did those vids, and the 'small and simple man' i tried my best to make it sound like it refered to obi wan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.