main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD StarWars RPG - Looking for a few players on brisbanes south side

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Taylin-JediKnight, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylin-JediKnight

Taylin-JediKnight Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2001
    yeh hey all how u doin?

atm im involved in a starwars rpg with a few of my mates. the version we are playing is the WEG (west end games) NOT the wizards of the coast version as we belive it sucks ass.

im simply looking fer some decent ROLEplayers, not ROLLplayers interested in joining our gaming group.

now dont get me wrong we arent D&D nerdo freaks we are simply a few fans of the movies and enjoy roleplaying.

so if u are in the south brisbane area or close to the city please write back as we are in need of players. currently we have a group of six but 2 of the group have no idea how to roleplay so we are looking for some decent people to RP with.

thx for your time, and i hope to hear from u soon

MTFBWU

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Why is the Wizards of Coast version bad?

3. Taylin-JediKnight

Sep 16, 2001
    just the D20 system bites !!

have u played the WEG version yet?

and the main reason is the way skills are used ... the WEG tales of the jedi companion has the best rules for force use as the skills can be used in so many different ways and the make sense ... like the enhance attribute skill for example. in Wiz version its force run force jump ect which suxs because theres no flexibility ... where as in WEG u can use enhance attribute as a running role a jumping, strength ect

also the WEG rules on jedi skills have room for improv and adaption .... how do u think corran horn can absorb energy (e.g. blaster bolt) and redirect it into a TK blast in the book I Jedi using the Wiz rules ?? in the WEg game these modifications of power use are really good ....

look at master thon who trained nomi sunrider !! he could use some for of explosive force technique by using TK in a different way

i could go on for hours so ill keep it brief WEG rox and Wiz in my opinion should stick to D&D

btw u interested in WEG RPin ?

4. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    If you say so, but I don't see how that can be. The D20 system is only just new and there are expansion books on the way. These will allow for the flexibility that you are after. However, I understand that the original game may hold more true for you as it is what you are used to it. Familiarity does count for alot.

5. Taylin-JediKnight

Sep 16, 2001
    yeh true ....

thx for your opinion and i agree the new system needs some more expansions ....

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well there you go, now before you bug me further, I can't play I'm afraid, I'm already with an RPG group and I'm finding it hard enough to go to those games as it is. Infact I've had to take a break for awhile.

In any case, I live way over on the North side so you're a bit far for me, sorry.

7. Taylin-JediKnight

Sep 16, 2001
  8. Taylin-JediKnight

Sep 16, 2001
    is anyone actually looking for players ?

if so write to me at ibigkev@hotmail.com

9. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well I know of one person who is, but I shan't give out names just yet, as he hasn't organised anything so far. However, I'll let you know as soon as he gives the green light. Do keep in mind though that he will be using the D20 system.

10. Taylin-JediKnight

Sep 16, 2001
    ta man ... thx for that if he says yes he wants to play then tell him to mail me at ibigkev@hotmail.com

thx man

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Will do, may be a while yet, if at all.

12. Taylin-JediKnight

Sep 16, 2001
  13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Quiet!