main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Starwoids: Hawaii Style

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JayTee_Erricck, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Greetings, everybody. I'm a new member here but an old fan of Star Wars. [I saw A New Hope during its original run at Cinerama here on O'ahu back when the theatre still existed (*sob*).]

Often times, when I'm on a Star Wars kick, I watch my "Starwoids" DVD. For those unaware, Starwoids is an independent film by a Mr. Dennis Przywara. This film is a documentary about various Star Wars fans (plus a few SW celebrities). The main focus of his film is scores of fans that stood in line for the premeire of The Phantom Menace in Los Angeles. [He featured two lines, actually. One at the Westwood theatres near the U.C.L.A. campus & one at the Mann's (Graumann's?) Chinese theatre in downtown Hollywood.

Anyway, this film inspired me to want to shoot a Hawai'i version (thus the title). Please, keep in mind, this is a working title for now since I'd have to get Mr. Przywara's permission (plus the permission from any other pertinent parties) to use his title.

So what? Well, I am looking for people who are interested/willing to be featured in this film. My goal for the film? To show our fellow fans that live outside of Hawai'i that we share their love for Star Wars.

I figure, the only real rule for the film is that, whoever is featured in it must reside here. You don't have to have been born & raised here but, again, you should live here. [No offense to the visitors & tourists.] It sounds like a lot of military folk make up our local Star Wars fan base. That's cool. I'm willing to feature those people. As long as they currently keep residence here in Hawai'i (no matter how temporary or permanent their stationing here may be), I'm willing to include them!

I'm willing to feature neighboring island fans, too, but, due to the lack of funds (uh, = I'M POOR!), I doubt I'll be able to travel off of O'ahu to interview anyone. My bad. I WOULD be willing to interview SW fans visiting from neighboring islands, though! Inclusive, hey, that's me.

I want to capture a similar feel to Przywara's Starwoids. No, I won't necessarily be focussing on the lines of people waiting to see Revenge of the Sith for the first time (I'll include them if they let me) but I'd like to capture the sense of the variety of fans out there. Star Wars fans of different walks of life. Different sizes, shapes, colors, employment (or unemployment?!), etc., etc..

I've already sent an invitation out to people in the local 501st "Vader's Fist" since I know some of them. No one has yet accepted the invitation!

In any case, if you agree to being in the film, we can decide when & where you'll be interviewed. To each his / her own.

Please contact me via rip_productions@hotmail.com if you are interested or know of someone who is interested (or you'd recommend I approach) about being in this film.

I'm hoping to make a film about the same length as the original starwoids (1 hour & 20 minutes) so that it is long enough to be interesting but short enough not to put you to sleep [unlike this post]. Ha, ha.

Best wishes,
    JayTee

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    great idea. Good luck. I work pretty much 12 hours a day, so I really don't have extra time for a new project.

Everyone, pass the word around.

3. Nanashi

Nanashi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2001
    sounds fun to me!

4. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm right there with you buddy!

5. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanx for your interest in the film, folks! Nanashi & Hapa Jedi, just let me know the when & where! I prefer to video y'all where you feel most comfortable, especially most comfortable talking about your love for Star Wars / how you pursue your Star Wars hobby/hobbies.

If you have a hard time deciding on a when & a where, I can propose dates & times. Typically, my days off from work are Monday & Tuesday. [I know, it sucks. I'd rather have Saturday & Sunday off, too. Such is life.] However, if the normal person's weekend is more to your liking, I usually don't start work until 3 p.m. so I can meet up with you before I have to head off for work.

Again, you can respond here (which is fine!) or you can e-mail me at rip_productions@hotmail.com.

Best wishes,
    JayTee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.