main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX STATE OF EMERGENCY

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Mert_Skywalker, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    It has just been reported by NASA this morning that there is a State of Emergency in Texas, more specifically, Houston. The space shuttle Columbia lost contact with Nasa at 9:00 AM ET (It's 9:56 ET now) while it was re-entering the Earth's atmosphere.

Debris is being reported to be falling from the sky. It is highly advised to stay away from any falling debris if spotted, and contact the local authorities.

The space shuttle Columbia was carrying 6 American astronauts and the first Israeli astronaut.

Although I'm in Canada, I thought it was my duty to inform you before it is possibly too late. For more information on what has happened, turn on CNN.

My heart and prayers go to the crew of the shuttle Columbia and to anyone in Texas who may be harmed.

2. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you as we learn more information at this early time.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Don't go near any debris or wreckage!

The rocket fuel residue is very toxic and deadly within 24 hours.

4. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  5. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
  6. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    This is such a terrible tragedy. It seems worse when it hits so close to home.

Two of the Astronauts went to my church. We were praying for them right after the launch.

My prayers go out to all the friends and families of these Astronauts. :(

7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Condolences to the family, friends, and co-workers of the Columbia crew, and to everyone affected by this tragedy.

Astronauts are imo pioneers and heroes in the noblest sense, and their loss is always deeply felt.

Here's hoping the debris recovery and contingency program go smoothly and quickly yield some answers.

Take Care.
    Brian

8. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    My thoughts and blessings go to the families of those brave men and women. Those in Houston, my thoughts are with you always.

Jaded <Native Houstonian>

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Thank you Brian, Elizabeth, Lyta_Skywalker, and espicially to the Niagara Fanforce.

Queenie, I shall keep your church as well as the Astronauts families in my prayers.

10. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    i think this whole thing is one of the saddest things ever, i wasn't alive for the challenger tragedy....but, this hits close to home for us houstonians.... and the crew and family and friends are all in my thoughts and prayers... :(

11. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    This event has been the worse thing to happen to Texas since Waco, TX, IMO. but this i think is much worse

These men and women where just doing what they loved, pushing the limits of mother nature and going and exploring the great beyond.

It was hard when the events of nine-eleven occured, but it didn't hit like it did in NY here, this did. Being the Space City, this is very close to home.

I did not know one person on the shuttle, but i know that they must have been good people, i don't know why i know this i just do.

They are heros, and it is sad to say Space travel has become non-news, and old stuff. Its not.

Each time a shuttle breaks the gravitational pull of the earth, we have heros, representing us in the un charted regions of space.

My heart and prays go out to the family and love ones of those seven brave soles who lost their life doing what they did best, explore, fly, experiment.

The United States Space program has only suffered three other tradies, Apollo 1 where three of the original Astronuates died when it caught fire on the lauching pad, Apollo 13, where three brave men, and thoushands on earth fought to bring them back home, and the Challenger, when it blew up 76 seconds after lift off.

With this newest event to add to the very short list we must not worry, but take heart that the crews and the family of NASA will do their job.

R.I.P. The Crew of Columbia.

12. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I remember Challenger. I was in my 6th grade Language Arts class, and all we did all day was watch the news. It's a shame that it takes some sort of tragedy to bring America and the world together. I pray for the family, friends, and co-workers, for their recovery and continuation after this time of mourning. Once again America mourns fallen heros.

13. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    sad turn of events this is. My prayers are with the families of the astronauts of course, and i pray that no one was harmed from the wreckage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.