main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

State of the EUC.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Well hello again, time for another installment on the status of the EUC. And since there hasn't been one in ages I figure no better time than now.

EUM - er C

That's right, a few weeks back the EUM was transformed back to the EUC. The Expanded Universe Community, that is. Which IMO has given this place a new lease on life.

Nips, tucks, and haters' clubs

The second big issue is the fact that some threads were locked because of their social thread status and the EUC having too many already. Or so a little mod-birdy told me. Also, haters' clubs have been closed too, and have been relocated to the Haters' Community all other threads that deal with hate will be locked. I think. ?[face_plain]

Bannings

Some members have been banned for spam, flaming, and trolling. If you are new here, DO NOT do either of these. Even if you flame in a PM you can still be banned for such actions.

The EUC awards

Yes, that time of year came and went. The winners can be viewed here at the EUC Awards 2002.

EU Senate

Yes, despite having no official power, that little thread is still around. For all who care it can be viewed here EU Senate mmmm....self-promotion....

Moderators

About three or two weeks ago there was a call for a new mod in the EUC. While there are no such considerations yet. Darth Attorney has given Sturm Antilles and Gandolf the Grey, jurisdiction here. So if you need anything, feel free to PM one of them. DA moderates this place, but he's a 'busy' manager. ;)

Role Playing

Again, role playing isn't allowed here. Mild role playing such as *flings poo at _____'s head* is all right, but no RP threads. You may Role Play at the RPF, enjoy. :)

And lastly....

If there are any suggestions on how to spruce this place up. Feel free to post them here. I'm not guarenteeing the modsquad will listen. But it would be nice to see what some people can come up with. And maybe have some more moderation/member interaction than there has been beyond bannings and locking threads. ;)

Comments: good, bad, terrible? PM me, lemme know what you think. I know it's not much, and it's fairly 'old' news for most of us. But if someone new comes here they might wish to know what's been going on. I'll update this a few times.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Even though I rarely visited any of them, I was very against the idea of locking all the Hater threads, and combining them into one. I've looked at the Hater thread, and see that discussions (which were on topic, BTW) that were started there can't continue in there. There's just too many to continue at one. If anything there are too many social threads. If they want more room, try getting rid of one of them, instead of on subject threads. *remember, this is all IMO*

3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    i didn't like the killing of the J/J/K/Z thread, but that's just me

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about the fair or unfairness of locking certain threads. Please?

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm... I'd say that the place is actually doing quite well, for once.

It's a bit dull, but maybe that's just me. Everything seems to be grand.

6. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    terribly sorry

carry on...

7. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    I agree with Chiss_man, if your going to shut down all the Hater clubs, you should shut down the Fan clubs too, but I'm against any of these motions.

Theses clubs are where the fans and haters socialize as well as discuss thier respective characters. Turning them out to go to Sturm's, Valyn's and Skylarks is well for lack of a better word inhumane. Their friends are on the hater/fan clubs not in the other social clubs.

EUDFers go to Sturm's Valyn's and Skylark's even though Sturm's and Skylark's have seen a considerable decline in clientele ever since thier owners stopped comming as often and this is probably one of the longest posts I have ever made that actually contained a collected flow of thought expressing and idea! :)

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    GAJ: Yes, not much bad going on, for once. Not like the RP incident. *groan*

9. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my views. I was not trying to start a discussion on fairness/unfairness, BTW. I was just commentating on the current state of the EUC.

10. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Why don't you all discuss this in the EUS rather than here. That is what the EUS is for, right? Anyways, it will make it look better than the big block of spam it's becoming. :)

Just some "constructive" criticism. So please don't yell at me anyone. :)

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Yes, I know, but you know how comments can turn into discussions and this topic has been discussed to death.

Why don't you all discuss this in the EUS rather than here. That is what the EUS is for, right? Anyways, it will make it look better than the big block of spam it's becoming.

Good point.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    *le sigh* Up!

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I hope that by combining the haters club into the one thread, the moderators will be able to do their job more swiftly. There were times when a mod might have been needed and its hard to catch all that in a large thread.

I think the EUC is in good hands - and I applaud the closure of hate threads for the fact that it'll make it easier to spot the trouble by just going into that haters community thread.

14. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    EUC is awesome, of course... however, the RPF is still better... :D

15. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Meh. You all know how I feel about the Hater thread being closed. No need to repeat myself.

16. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The EUC awards

Yes, that time of year came and went. The winners can be viewed here at the EUC Awards 2002.

I'd like to comment on this. It hasn't came and went since the Most Likely To award winners haven't been announced yet.

17. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I'd like to comment on this. It hasn't came and went since the Most Likely To award winners haven't been announced yet.

Voting has closed, no? So technically it has.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes they have.

No wonder the EUIS hasn't been busy. DA locked all the conflicting threads! :(

19. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Does that mean DA is the real EU Emperor? ?[face_plain]

20. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Does that mean DA is the real EU Emperor?

No, he just likes to prance around saying "The galaxy is mine! The galaxy is mine!" of course we've got people to 'help' him. *calls the looney bin*

21. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Voting has closed, no? So technically it has.

But it wouldn't be because the "awards ceremony" wasn't complete.

No use arguing about it though. All the award winners have now been announced, thus making your comment totally valid.

22. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
  23. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I would like to complain on the result of the MLTBA 'Sith' Award [face_plain] :p

~monogpfm

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Take it to the EUIS and we'll gladly listen. 8-}

25. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I dont know about the majority of people here but when the eum was the eum it was more open and more fun. Now that it is euc it seems to be more structured and soon threads such as Skylarks Cafe, Sturms outlander club and valyns hanger will soon meet the fate of the hater clubs. I dont like it anymore than any man but thats the way he wants it and he gets it. I have no idea who "he" is but at the rate we are going euc will just become a second rate JCC.

Axl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.