main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY State of the Squadron

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jaren_Valnor, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    Here's where you can report on problems or successes with the Tamaqua Raider Squadron. I'll start:
    Raider Leader, standing by.

In the fledgling TRS, I can see a number of problems growing like space slugs. First, our entire member base (only eight?!) is entirely made up of teenagers. This is a problem. We need to reach out to ages thirteen and up, which includes adults. Raiders, if your parents have an interest in Star Wars please get them to join TF.N and this FanForce. Raider 5, I know your dad likes the saga. Please ask him to join!

Secondly, Raider 3 will be going to Florida for much of next month. We would like all to be present at the first meeting, which will be definitely in August and hopefully at the Salvation Army, but this doesn't seem possible with his trip.

Another issue is that of costuming. I can tell that there will be some embarassment about wearing costumes in public. Don't worry about it; you'll be fine. Raiders 6, 7, and 8 have already been with me while I'm in costume. The compliments outweigh the insults by far. Geek pride is something that this town needs quite a bit. You're all Star Wars geeks like me; otherwise, I don't think you'd be here. Also, not many of us have that much costuming experience, if any. If you need help with anything Jedi, Sith, or Dark Jedi related, do not hesitate to contact me. I can show you some great sewing patterns for all three, and I can manufacture lightsabers, but let's confine solicitation to Private Messages.

May the Force be with you,
    Jaren Valnor
    Raider Leader
    Tamaqua Raider Squadron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.