main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT State why you love the Prequels!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ForceGhostAnakin, Feb 6, 2017.

1. ForceGhostAnakin

ForceGhostAnakin Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2016
    Cmon we are in the PT section because we love them so don't be shy! state the reasons you do. Tips Be descriptive and feel free to state as many reasons as you LIKE :D -Anii out.

1) Nostalgia, I grew up with the PT not OT when I was VERY young my sister called me into my Parents room and said she wanted to show me something special it was ROTS I didn't know what it was but it was AWESOME to me my favorite character in the movie was
    Scar man (Anakin) when its came to the End of the movie (Of course my sister skipped over Mustafar) I saw the scene where Scar man's (Vader's) suit was made and I was very sad that this was what happened to Scar man so once I saw the OT it made me mad that Scar man was still like this so I never really liked the OT.

2) Graphics, I KNOW I KNOW it's not good to judge a Movie by its graphics (Seeing as how for 1977 that was "GEE WIZ AMAZING") but after I saw all the Prequels (Still pretty young) I didn't know why the Movies looked so different (You know 1970's color) and the graphics were pretty well lame I mean WE ALL KNOW IT so I never really came to comparing the Prequels with OT

3) Defense, When I heard Newbie Star wars fans that only watch the Movie (Never go into the Lore or books or TV shows) saying things like "BRUH The Prequels SUCK MAN" which made me feel defensive towards Scar man (Who I knew was Anakin by now)

4) Darkness. WELP it's official we all know it the PT was WAY more Darker than the OT
    1 Man Burning alive
    2 Force Lightning
    3 Tusken Raiders be hating
    4 Tusken Raiders be dying
    5 Anakin's speech about how the Tuskens be dying
    6 The Lightsaber duels
    7 General Grievous
    So yeah we all know it by now they were darker for SURE and well when I heard the name Star Wars I thought it to be dark. Well heres another example

I don't mean to say anything bad about Rebels when I say this I like the show even if it is a little kiddy so was TCW at first.

Rebels VS Clone Wars which one is more dark?....... You know the answer.
    And Rebels is based OT (I count OT as when The Big bad Empire is around)
    And Clone Wars is based PT so they both vouch for their eras.

5) Heros. There is ALWAYS a Trio in every trilogy PT has Anakin Obi and Padme OT has Luke, Han and Leia TFA has Finn, Poe and Rey. The tradition of this Trio is to have Two Boys and One girl One of the Boys always gets Married to the Girl (Finn Rey Eh Eh?)
    Well in the PT I always liked their Trio the best it had everything a Trio with Two Boys and One Girl is supposed to have the boys fighting over the Girl. I KNOW I KNOW Obi Wan didn't want to Mary Padme but Anakin loving Padme lead to Obi and Ani fighting classic Medieval times likeness.

SO those are my reasons PLEASE state your's I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM!
    Thanks for Reading as always.
    Eat Da Pickle I mean May The Force Be With YOU!

2. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    The Clone Wars.

Oh, and the worldbuilding. Very well done.

3. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Seeing the galaxy before it crumbled was refreshing. I also like seeing the beautiful enviornments that we could not see in the OT. I liked the melancholy tone of the trilogy. And I like that it is the darker trilogy. For me it is both similar and different to the OT in all the right ways.

4. SavedByChristAlone

SavedByChristAlone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2017
    Anthropology! Philosophy! History parallels! Complexity! Anakin Skywalker! . . . Hayden Christensen's face

5. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Maybe cause when I have seen The Phantom Menace first, I was very impressed by the beauty of some images there.
    Maybe some consider The Phantom Menace shallow, but for me, it was an extremely beautiful movie.
    Scenes that stick into my mind:
    -Anakin winning the race and unblocking Qui Gon,Padme and others to leave the planet.
    What happens till than,is keeping you connected to the movie.
    There is a lot of attention to details,in the small scenes there.
    -Later, the duel between Qui Gon and Darth Maul, Darth Maul is a mysterious apparition and the scene is in a very beautiful natural
    scenery.
    -Even later,the scene with Obi Wan and Qui Gon,being guided by Jar Jar is some of the most epic parts of Star Wars,from my point of view.
    That travel with that ship,through the center of the planet,under water etc,is absolutely wonderful.
    And let the images speak:

Than,the duel between Qui Gon,Obi Wan and Darth Maul is really epic.
    Also, the fight between Jar Jar people and the robots makes any Star Wars epic scene,from my point of view.

So, having this very good impression I liked Attack of the Clones, but not so much as Phantom Menace.
    Later, I have been shocked by how much depth is in Revenge of the Sith,how every word and little detail there is arranged by Lucas,to tell something.
    As I have said before, Revenge of the Sith is like an ancient greek drama.

6. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    The scope of the PT is what really is amazing.

In this trilogy George Lucas crafts the entire Star Wars galaxy and we see the cogs that drive that galaxy far far away...

The intense political intrigue, the Jedi Order and their place in the reality of things. We were able to see nightclubs on Coruscant, the Wookie homeworld, the corridors of corporate battleships.

Beyond that GL expanded on the Hero's Journey further on by showing the internal struggle that the characters face. The OT focused on the heros facing the outside world and the challenges created by the setting and the villains that dominated that setting.

The PT focused on the hero's struggle against the inner demons. GL did talk about how he considers selfishness as the ultimate evil. The PT revolved around that theme as an outlet to GL's perspective on the struggle between Good and Evil.

One day we'll see SW touch on these themes again!

7. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I personally loved all the duels in the PT. They seemed to be better choreographed than those in the OT.
    Examples:
    Qui-Gon vs. Maul
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Maul
    Obi-Wan vs. Jango
    Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku
    Yoda vs. Dooku
    Grievous and MagnaGuards vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin
    Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku
    Obi-Wan vs. Grievous
    Mace and Company vs. Sidious (and Anakin)
    Yoda vs. Sidious
    Obi-Wan vs. Anakin

8. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    It adds to the original trilogy, if you think about it, and makes it a better story overall. I prefer the first six Star Wars films to just the first trilogy on its own.

9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I love the PT for its characters, story, action, visuals, music, and adding depth to the OT. Plus, I grew up with the PT, so I have good feelings of nostalgia whenever I watch one of the films.

10. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    I do understand why many of the OT hard cores so doggedly stick to just those three, but I don't share their view.

From the moment images of Darth Maul and Qui-Gon (in separate photos) began appearing in magazines, I realized immediately that Episode I was likely going to be very different in style from the OT, and I expected it to be. From this perspective, Episode I delivered beautifully. To me, it still felt like Star Wars, but at a different time period. I knew Jar Jar had been designed to be the comical idiot of the movie, so I expected him to be that, and again, he delivered beautifully. So I truly didn't understand why so many people reacted badly to Episode I. I was very happy to have a new chapter in the Star Wars saga. I was 21 at the time.

I had grown up with not just the OT, but also the Ewok movies and cartoons (I didn't see Droids, I am sorry to say, though I have now). I loved them all. In fact, I was watching the original Episode IV VHS release at home before I was watching Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood. It has truly been a major part of my life, and having so much material these days is amazing. But none of the new material would've occurred without the PT.

Again, they were different from the OT, but that's not a bad thing. If you'll forgive my referencing Star Trek, I believe in Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, so I like to think I was more open to the story George Lucas was telling than most of the so-called 'mainstream' fans appeared to be. (I still get p.o.ed if I read an article dissing the PT or GL.)

11. SavedByChristAlone

SavedByChristAlone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2017
    Oh, this. THIS.

KamenSentaiMetalHero and J7Luke like this.
  12. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I love them because of the real desert and all the practical effects. And because we got to see the Death Star again!!! [face_hypnotized]

Seriously, for a ton of reasons. The prequels just feel like such a unique set of films, bursting with color, over-the-top action, and imaginative worldbuilding. And yet for all those fantastic elements I think the story and characters represent Star Wars at its most frankly human level. The emotion feels more real to me, the world and its driving plight and day to day depictions "lived-in" in a manner that transcends dusty settings and dent props.

Also, nostalgia figures in. ROTS dropped my first year out of college, so my journey following the trilogy covered the tail end of my childhood to the beginning of real adulthood. These days it's hard for me to get into any big blockbuster franchise like I used to, so the prequels kind of feel like a last link to my younger self.

13. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Indeed, PT has best duels.
    I see that you prefer Obi Wan vs. Anakin.
    I find that duel quite awesome, but also I find awesome also:
    - Obi Wan versus Grievous
    - Obi Wan and Qui Gon versus Darth Maul (think at the moment that is my favorite)
    - Master Yoda versus Darth Sidious
    - Darth Sidious vs Mace&Co
    - Obi Wan vs Django - I find that duel most spectacular from all Star Wars, Clone cartoons and Rebels.

Besides best duels, PT has lots of Jar Jar Binks which is most funny character from all Star Wars.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The prequels are my favorite movie trilogy of all time. I could go on and on about why I love them.

- Great characters
    - Great world-building
    - Jaw-dropping effects
    - Amazing choreography
    - Political intrigue
    - Samuel L. Jackson with a purple lightsaber
    - And most importantly, a great story

15. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Obi-Wan vs Jango is a duel, but it's not saber v saber duel.
    In AotC Obi and Anakin fight Dooku 1 on 1, not together.
    Grievous doesn't fight Obi and Anakin, only Obi, later on Utapau.
    So that's 10 saber v saber duels and my 2 favorite ones are Duel of the Fates and Obi vs Anakin.

mihaitzateo and J7Luke like this.
  16. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
    Because I identify with them more than I do with the OT, especially with whats going on in the world today.

And also because they're fun.

17. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The duels.

mihaitzateo likes this.
  18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The duels, the costumes, the soundtracks, the characters (for the most part)... al done exceptionally well.

Chancellor Yoda and mihaitzateo like this.
  19. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    That and world building and lore and theyre fun as ****.

20. Winama Shiraya

Winama Shiraya Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 3, 2017
    Because everything was shiny and pretty. :p

Of course there's more serious reasons why I love the Prequels. TPM was the first Star Wars movie I *really* watched as a kid (my Dad had the OT playing on TV when I was little, but it never made an impression on me. Dad tried, I know, but sometimes it takes awhile to catch up). Seeing all that...STUFF up on the screen just blew me away. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen (I wasn't quite ten yet, so maybe that was part of the reason ;)). Once AOTS came out I was HOOKED. Then ROTS came along and was just incredible.

Like others have said, there is so much to the PT that haters simply choose to ignore, and that's sad. The density of the environments, the diversity of beings, the complexity of the story (the downfall of a galaxy and an ancient mystical order PLUS the downfall of a young man thought to be a miracle)...all of that really sticks with you.

21. SupremeLeaderTrump

SupremeLeaderTrump Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2017
    Huge battles. AOTC is the first star wars movie to show two factions fighting at a very large scale, while ROTS has a lot of epic battles (one in space and a couple on land). I grew up watching armies of Clones with AT-ETs clashing with armies of battle droids on TV. I also grew up loving everything about battle droids, how dumb they are in a funny way, their voice (both the robotic and squeaky one), their blaster, their looks, and how they appear in huge numbers.

22. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Why do I love the PT?

Simple.

It's Star Wars. :)

There is no PT
    There is no OT
    There is no SE
    There is no ST
    There IS THE Saga!

23. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Palpatine the ambitious in TPM
    Palpatine the manipulator in AOTC
    Sidious the tyrant in ROTS
    Darth Maul's look and physical performance
    Sith Infiltrator
    STAP speeders, Trade Federation Tanks, Vulture Droids and Droidekas
    Duel of the Fates and Anakin's theme
    The Geonosians
    Homing Spiders and Republic Gunships
    Jango Fett's look and conversation with Kenobi
    Count Dooku's look and conversation with Kenobi
    Wat Tambor and the other Seperatist Leaders
    Across the Stars and the Coruscant chase (AKA, Quidditch Match from Chamber of Secrets lol)
    Searching for Shmi and the Tusken massacre
    Arena Battle music
    AOTC ending montage and music
    The Acklay and Naboo sea creatures
    ROTS opening battle and lightsaber duel
    Anakin's revenge against Dooku
    ROTS Jedi Starfighters and ARC-170's
    Utapau battle and landscape
    Anakin's decision and "silent" conversation with Palpatine
    Anakin's betrayal
    The opera
    Order 66
    Mustafar and the Seperatist slaughter
    ROTS ending montage and the birth of Vader

24. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The effects in them were great, they still hold up well almost 20 years later. Some of the worlds and planets they introduced were phenomenal and unique. I love Kamino and Naboo and seeing Coruscant for the first time was really cool. The scores in each really added to the films.

25. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I have an few reasons for my increased fondness of the trilogy.

The world building is excellent, one of my personal favorite aspects of the PT

Palpating being awesome

The music

The duels

The grand and epic scale of it all

The fact the good guys actually lose

Most of the characters I really enjoyed, like Obi Wan for example.