main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stay With Me (Anakin/Tahiri)(Ultimate Challenge entry)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by emeraldshadow, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Title: Stay With Me
    Author: Emeraldshadow
    Genre: Drama, AU (oh so very AU)
    Timeframe: Varying, the main part of the story takes place between Episodes II and III
    Characters: Tahiri Veila, Anakin Solo, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala
    Summary: A Jedi reflects on days gone by and missions gone awry.
    Notes: Entry in the Awesome Challenge Center?s Ultimate Challenge:

Write a 3 paragraph or more vignette starring any of these pairings:

-Han Solo & Leia Organa
    -Luke Skywalker & Mara Jade
    -Anakin Solo & Tahiri Veila
    -Jacen Solo & Tenel Ka
    -Jaina Solo & Zekk of Ennth, Jagged Fel or Kyp Durron

The Conflict must be:

[The pairing of your choice] has a mission to accomplish.
    They must travel back in time, and prevent Anakin Skywalker from joining the Dark Side.
    You may choose how the conflict starts, and ends, however...

The piece of work must begin and end with these sentences:

The Work Must begin with: The two lovers were as happy as they could be, basking in each other?s warmth and embrace, enjoying the immense pleasure that only they could, when...

...And Must End With: And they all lived happily ever after, to the end of their days.

Phrases You Must Use Are:

Kriff it!
    How could you?
    What now!?
    I hate you!
    I love you!

Challenge words in bold.

The two lovers were as happy as they could be, basking in each other's warmth and embrace, enjoying the immense pleasure that only they could, when Tahiri was accosted by a vision. She pushed Anakin away from her, rose from the bed, ran to the desk at the opposite side of the room, and began to madly sketch on a piece of flimsiplast.

Anakin sat up in the bed and stared at her, bewildered. He let a smile creep onto his face, the smile that he knew Tahiri had always loved, and said in a tone that walked the line between exasperated and amused, ?Tahiri, my love, is there any reason you have decided to take up drawing in the middle of the night? Isn?t there a way your new hobby could wait until morning??

Tahiri didn?t laugh or even smile like she normally did at Anakin?s little jokes. ?I had a vision,? she said simply.

Anakin took a slow, deep breath before answering, ?Really? What of??

Visions were both the most useful and the most dangerous powers of the Jedi and almost always heralded death in one form or another. Anakin had learned to be wary of these prophetic dreams long ago.

Tahiri used her finger to trace one of the patterns she had drawn on the flimsi. Her voice was small and child-like as she replied, ?The past. The future. Another life. I think it was my life before you.?

Anakin?s smile hardened. ?I thought we agreed that neither of us had lived before we met, that we were born when we first laid eyes on each other.?

?A romantic notion but only a fool would try to make it fact, Ani,? Tahiri sighed. ?I want to remember life before that day so I can know who I am.?

?You?re my wife.? Anakin Skywalker had never been known as the most stable of men and he was dangerously close to losing his temper. ?Isn?t that enough for you?!?

Tahiri?s face remained neutral. She suspected that Anakin had been repressing her memories--the memories that the Force was now giving back to her. She suspected he was trying to control her like he had failed to control his first wife. She suspected all these things, but she couldn?t let on that she did.

?Of course it?s enough. I love you!? she assured her husband. She pushed her chair away from the desk and collected her robe from the closet. ?I think I hear Luke crying. I?ll be right back.?

?Hurry,? Anakin pleaded.

Tahiri felt a pang of sympathy for the man who couldn?t even trust his wife to run down to the end of the hall. ?I will.?

Tahiri shrugged on the robe and ran down the hall to the nursery. As she had predicted, Luke, his face screwed up into a blotchy red knot, was bawling his eyes out. She waved aside the nanny droid and scooped the baby up in her arms.

?It?s alright, little Lukie, Mommy?s here now,? she cooed.

Luke ga

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    I enjoyed that as much as I did the first read through.

It's dark, and fun and has that nifty twist that when someone plays with the past things don't ever come out how they were expecting them to...

Great job Marie!!

3. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    WOW! That was unexpected! Great entry, emeraldshadow! =D=

C @};- S

4. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    The man who --intentionally or unintentionally-- first gave me the idea to write Tahiri/Vader:I enjoyed that as much as I did the first read through.

And thank you again for doing that first read through and making me confident about posting this.

It's dark, and fun and has that nifty twist that when someone plays with the past things don't ever come out how they were expecting them to...

That's what I was trying for. I don't expect to win, but I do want to have a unique entry that everybody will remember for awhile.;)

Great job Marie!!

Thank you.:D

The great challenge-master herself: WOW! That was unexpected!

Always expect the unexpected.:p

Great entry, emeraldshadow!

Thank you.:)

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I [face_love] teh wierdness. I admit, I definitely didn't expect the Anakin in the first few paragraphs to be Skywalker. But I liked this viggie's twists. :D

6. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    I adore this! I love the twist. I had to go back and re-read the first few paragraphs to make sure I was reading things right. I was really surprised. So sad Padmé had to die but ::shruggs:: it's an AU. Whatcha gonna do?

Good viggie. Very good entry!

bran
    who really doesn't advocate Dead Padmés :D

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    This was a well written vig, Marie, if a little sad. You conept is original and I loved the Tahiri oral narrative style in which Tahiri told little Luke her story.

I also thought it clever how you duped us into thinking that the Anakin at the beginning is Anakin Solo, but we later discover is Anakin Sykwalker.

This was intense as well. Padme's death. Anakin Solo's erasure. The implications in the grater galaxy are interesting.

Anakin and Tahiri happily ever after...

8. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    J_O_E: I [face_love] teh wierdness.

What's not to [face_love] about weirdness? ;)

I admit, I definitely didn't expect the Anakin in the first few paragraphs to be Skywalker.

Good. I was hoping that would surprise everybody.

But I liked this viggie's twists.

Thank you. I tried to make it interesting.

ThatJediScum: I adore this! I love the twist.

Thank you. I?m glad you liked it.:)

I had to go back and re-read the first few paragraphs to make sure I was reading things right. I was really surprised.

That?s what I was going for.

So sad Padmé had to die but ::shruggs:: it's an AU. Whatcha gonna do?

I don?t usually like killing off characters, but Padme?s death in this was a necessary evil.

Good viggie. Very good entry!

Thank you.

who really doesn't advocate Dead Padmés

I?ll avoid dead Padmes in the future.;)

Brodiew: This was a well written vig, Marie, if a little sad.

Thank you.

You conept is original and I loved the Tahiri oral narrative style in which Tahiri told little Luke her story.

With so many people entering I knew I was going to have to do something drastic to attract attention.

I also thought it clever how you duped us into thinking that the Anakin at the beginning is Anakin Solo, but we later discover is Anakin Sykwalker.

Well, I have to defend my reputation of sneaky author. :p

This was intense as well. Padme's death. Anakin Solo's erasure.

I wanted this to be emotional. I?m glad you think I succeeded.

The implications in the grater galaxy are interesting.

Stop giving me sequel ideas!;)

Anakin and Tahiri happily ever after...

As far as we know at least?

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I loved it. You did a great job of doing a truly original take on this challenge. It was a bit creepy at first but the fact she was telling little Luke a story was cool. A sort of after the fact kind of entry to the challenge.

Well done.

10. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    I loved it. You did a great job of doing a truly original take on this challenge.

[face_alien_1] Just call me Ms. Original.

It was a bit creepy at first but the fact she was telling little Luke a story was cool.

I can deal with creepy. Creepy is good sometimes.

Well done.

Thank you.

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I liked this alot even though it was probaly one of the twisted fics I've ever read:p8-}

Good job:p =D=

P.S.
    Wierdest pairing ever!![face_laugh]

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    That is one.... er... crack!ship I hadn't thought of... yikes. Tahiri married to Anakin Skywalker and having his kids as a way to prevent the future from happening a certain way... that's just... wow.

And yes, creepy. But creepy is good, very good in this case. Excellent job with the twists involved, emeraldshadow... showcases you're good, and not just at humor!

I'm very impressed - thoroughly loved it :D

13. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    G_Anakin: I liked this alot even though it was probaly one of the twisted fics I've ever read

*shrugs* I get that a lot. ;)

Good job

Thank you.

Wierdest pairing ever!!

[face_not_talking] Nah uh! What about Yoda/Vegere? :p

Jade_Max: That is one.... er... crack!ship I hadn't thought of... yikes.

[face_shaking_head] And you?re the crackship roulette master too.

Tahiri married to Anakin Skywalker and having his kids as a way to prevent the future from happening a certain way... that's just... wow.

:D Stunned, huh?

And yes, creepy. But creepy is good, very good in this case. Excellent job with the twists involved, emeraldshadow... showcases you're good, and not just at humor!

I'm very impressed - thoroughly loved it

[face_blush] Thank you.

You?re going to make my ego unmanageable. You knew that, right?;)

14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

*grin* Yup - we don't want you to go away again! :p

15. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Hmmm, this wouldn't be a good time to tell you that I'm leaving for Mexico in a couple weeks, would it?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.