main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Staying in contact/ Knowing about everything going on. :)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I brought this up with micdavis, and he okayed me passing it along to everyone. :)

I was wondering if there is an interest in creating an e-mail newsletter type thing. I know until recently I hardly ever came here and never knew about events going on until they were over. This way, even without coming here every day (for people unlike me who have lives. :eek: ), everyone will know what is going on. :)
    While posting here is probably best because you can take part in discussions and plan things, if you can't, I don't want you to be out of the loop. Because that would be sad. :(

If you are interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll set something up. :D
    (I promise to NEVER EVER spam. I hate those FWD:'s and chain-letters as much as you. [face_plain] )
    If you prefer just being PMed with updates, that works too. :)

This also brings up another idea I have just (like 10 minutes ago :p) had (this is what I do in my spare time while I knit anymore. :p ).
    Before I even knew about the JC and the Fanforce, I was a member of the SSWS through their own site, and that is how I knew of the current events going on. I know that the costuming groups have their sites and was wondering if there was interest in reviving the SSWS website or a likeness therein? So we can create official schedules, post pics, fun stuff like that. :)
    We can also find other members who haven't found the TF.N/JC yet too. :D

I am more then happy to invest the funds if there is an interest, but if no one is interested or you all don't think you will go there, I don't see the point.

Just throwing out ideas and seeking imput. I'd love your thoughts. :D

EDIT: Just fixing some spellink. :p

2. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I think both are excellent ideas.

Even if they won't be extremely helpful or efficient to begin with since there doesn't seem to be many of us at the moment, it will still be a good thing to have, and when more folks start showing up and all and can just add themselves to the newsletter list, having that already set up and going will be very nice. Probably the same deal with the website as well. Not a lot of usefulness to begin with, just fun, but once people start popping up it will be a handy tool.

Two cents tossed in.

3. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I think it's an awsome idea! I'll totally help in some way. :D

JediFarfy

4. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Okie, maybe we can discuss things at the meeting. :)

5. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I am working on resurrecting the former yahoo group and using it for notifying folks of things being done.

You would sign up for it then notices would come to you through email in case you don't come here too often.

Of course you should make this a regular stop and encourage all of the SW fans you know to do so as well.

6. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Okay great. :)

And maybe everyone can bring ideas for the website thing to the meeting Saturday and we can discuss all we want on it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.