main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Staying Spoiler Free for Episode III (hey, it ryhmes)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Not only does it ryhme, but it's essential that we all save ourselves from diving into to many spoilers. This is the last SW film of the saga. Can you imagine walking in hardly knowing a thing? It would be the best feeling since first seeing a SW movie. So beware those fans who like to spill the beans all the time and if you have to, just tell them to "shut-up" because you intend to stay spoiler free. Alone this would be difficult but as a team I know we can work together on keeping true to this promise as a fanclub...
    WE WILL STAY SPOILER-FREE...ALWAYS!

2. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    COME ON PEOPLE! THROW ME A FRICKING LIGHTSABER HERE! Everyone was gunho for this at the meeting so please post in here and let me know your still up for staying spoiler free! I think it's really important this time around...IT'S THE LAST SW MOVIE EVER! CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THAT???!!! SO LET'S DO THINGS RIGHT! I even cancelled my subscription to the SW Insider. (mouths gaping). I know! I was just as shocked as you are! But please, let's do this right!
    KC

3. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Kasey,

I was right about commander willard he is the one who says he is glad Leia is safe on Yavin...I guess I'm the new king of Star Wars trivia...Long live the new king!!!

4. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I agree in being "mostly" spoiler free. I feel anything I pick up in the Insider as "public knowledge" is fair game, however. If I mistakenly come across something that is a spoiler, I'll probably keep it to myself and just be disappointed. The Insider is usually very good about warning about spoilers so you can avoid them, so I'll keep my subcription and you can read them later.

But like I said, things that are "public knowledge" such as James Earl Jones doing the Vader voice again or behind the scenes on how things are done on film and things like that are fair game.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I agree with allowing "public" spoilers but not from spoilers such as reading the script or book.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm cool with those too...just don't go looking for them, because I'm sure they'll find us anyway. Anything from the Insider is fine in my opinion as well. However, ask people first "have you seen the latest Insider and do you want to?" That saves those who are trying vainly to stay MEGA-SPOILER FREE safe from things they might not of known! Cool, and thanks!

7. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I too plan on staying spoiler-free. I still subscribe to SW Insider but don't plan on reading them until after the third episode is out.

8. Dark_Anikan

Dark_Anikan Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    I have no intrest in seeing any details on Episode three because it is more exciting to find something out in a theater with friends by your side than to already know things and expect them, well that is all I have to say, adios.

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    It's good to see that so many others are wanting to stay away from the spoilers...it is going to be so much more fun not knowing anything. I can't wait! And we still have two years!!!

10. DarthLefty

DarthLefty Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Well Kasey, if it aint public knowledge, i won't know about it.

-Lefty

11. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Cool...and it's great to see that you posted Chris!

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Since it was discussed that any info. from either the Insider or starwars.com was ok, ,I just wanted to pass along the news that Chewie is returning for Episode III as was confirmed by McCallum on sw.com. I was a little surprised as I didn't think he'd be in it...and yes, Mayhew is playing him of course.

13. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Hey Kasey,

Chewbacca will also appear in Episode IV, V, VI (just a guess)

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So far, I know nothing new. Some guy who came into Blockbuster was trying to convince me that they clone Darth Maul in EIII. I was like "do you know how many people said that for EII." Sounds like BS to me. But I don't know much and I like it that way.

15. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Well, lookie who found his way back online (yes, I'm talking about you, QUIGONJINN02). But not to his phone messages, apparently. Then again, if I got a message (or was it 2...?) from someone seemingly high on lots of stimulants, I probably wouldn't call them back either...

I'm going to find out enough about EP III to know all of Padme's costumes, pick my favorite, and make it for the premiere. But I would prefer it if I knew very little of the actual story line; all I need are pics!

EDIT: I notice you mentioned Blockbuster. You work there, I guess? Anyway, it just reminds me that I was in the Blockbuster in Nampa yesterday and saw a sweeeeeeeeet 4 or 5-panel EP II mural. Each panel was about 2x2 feet or so...yeah, this thing is BIG and would look just wonderful in my dorm room, right next to my bookstore standup and posters. So I ask the lady working there how I might get my hands on that. She said it will go to workers first, but so far no one has laid claim to it (she even called the manager to ask) so she told me to keep checking back. Keep your fingers crossed, but I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this so far... :-D :-D

16. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Qui Gonn,

I guess you don't want to know the name of the EU charecter in EIII. His name is....

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Your so funny...not. But really...we aren't being very true to this...in fact I think I'm the only one whose even trying. Does anyone even care that this is the LAST SW movie ever (except in Cmd. Willard's opinion who thinks that George would take another ten years out of his life for more SW, but we know that won't happen)? I don't mind seeing some pictures know and again or hearing a fun fact or too but let's be careful ok. I want to respect everyone's opinion here but mine is "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW JACK!" Besides seeing "some" pictures and maybe a SMALL fact here or there, ok?
    And yes Cmd. Willard, I know Darth is Luke's father.

18. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    Eh, I don't care what characters I know about as long as I don't know the plot. But like you said, this IS that last SW movie ever, and because of that, I'm going to enjoy Hyperspace to the fullest extent of the law--which, unfortunately, doesn't allow me to enter the "win a trip to EP II" contest...

[grumble]stupid Lucas Nazis[/grumble]

8-}

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Kasey,

When did I say that Lucas would make more Star Wars? I think you are a little to paranoid about spoilers. And by the way Hyperspace is so Coooool!!!! Thanks to Skywalker325 I have seen the light!

20. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    And by the way Hyperspace is so Coooool!!!! Thanks to Skywalker325 I have seen the light!

Yay! I have a convert! :)

Just make sure you check out the times in my sig! :)

21. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Kasey,

Leia is Luke's sister.

22. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Does anyone even care that this is the LAST SW movie ever

Last SW movie ever, huh? You're forgetting about fan films are you? True it'll be the last SW film by the "master" himself, but I'm looking forward to making my own films that the "world" can ooo and ahhh over...

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    True, but what better way to truly enjoy the last SW film of all time by not knowing jack and being actually SURPRISED and not so spoiler ridden that you've already seen the entire show in your brain...I just want to go in knowing little. Right now I feel I know just enough (which is hardly a darn thing) to really be blown away by not knowing anything. For I and II I knew way to much and I don't want the same experience for III. Well, here's hoping. (drools and dreams of hyperspace).

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Ok Kasey we get it you don't want to here any spoilers. You dont have to keep repeating it over and over and over and over and over, ect.....

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Eric...I don't want to know any spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.