main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Staying Spoiler Free for Episode III (hey, it ryhmes)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    Boy, he's really gonna hate it when they do it again in Episode 6.

3. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    Hey Qui Gonn doesn't your new theory quaify as a spoiler?

4. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    He doesnt know that padme is the mother of Luke and Leia let alone her turning evil. oops, sorry Qui Gonn.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Now I'm ruined...
    Thanks a lot guys...(weeping)
    That's it! I'm joining
    the Star Trek club!

6. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Then your not gona wanna hear that Kirk is really Obi Wan's illegitament son,from one of his drunken indiscrestions.

7. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    It must be Halloween, because that's just scary!

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I knew it! I knew it! I-kn-ew it...knew-w-w it!

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Oh it is true, and you can bet the farm on it!

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I was bad and looked at some spoilers. Thankfully most were things I already knew and what I didn't know I'm already forgeting. And it didn't give me the slightest satisfaction. Waiting is actually much more fun. It gives me something to look forward to.

11. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    Oh you silly person. The thought that just a few weeks ago you were telling me to drop my Hyperspace Subscription. Be Strong, there is nothing out there worth cheating over. It's only 1 and a half years to go.

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah, I know. Actually, just seeing a couple made me want to "not" look even more. It was so unsatisfying. I'm actually even more excited now to "not look." It will be great to walk in virtually unspoiled...I'm excited.

13. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    For all of you trying to remain completely spoiler free, I suggest not watching the twentith and last episode of the Clone Wars cartoons as it contains a spoiler in it. Just giving you a heads up.

14. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Qui Gonn

The Bet is off.....

15. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Where is the fun in knowing so
    many spoilers? I don't understand
    why so many people want to know
    so much. The movie is still
    going to be released, so it's not
    like your never going to know
    what happens. Right?

16. GeneralAntillies111

GeneralAntillies111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    What's wrong with spoilers anyway? We all know what the cantral theme is about Episode 3. I don't know why people out there get so uptight about tiny tidbits of information. Don't worry I won't post any, but don't push your philosphy on others either.

17. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    I would say that if you do enjoy spoilers, then keep them to yourself. I agree with Qui Gonn that the majority of us don't want to know.

18. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    What's wrong with spoilers anyway? We all know what the cantral theme is about Episode 3... Don't worry I won't post any, but don't push your philosphy on others either.

Yes, everyone knows the basic central theme, but how Lucas chooses to play that theme out no one truely knows.... and some don't want to know the details of the last SW film ever. Like all of us "old farts" who grew up on the original trillogy (let's see i was about five) we want to be surprised. So, it's good that you have that attitude and would hopefully be able to "pratice what you preach" with what you said in that last line.

Here's to hoping everyone gets what they want. To those who want to be surprised as they want to be/able to be... to those who want to "know it all" good luck there as well - maybe we should start a new thread for those individuals.

19. JarJarGetsaBadRap

Oct 4, 2003
    Malcolm you have the right idea, there should be a seperate thread for people who want to read spoilers.

20. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    That's exactly how I feel!
    I know what has to happen,
    but I don't know HOW it's going
    to happen! That's why I want to be
    surprised! It makes it that much
    more fun. For all the summer movies
    I didn't know a thing about, I was
    actually surprised when I saw them
    which was wonderful! I'm anxious to
    see what's going to happen!

21. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    From what I cheated on recently, none of it has spoiled the HOW, so I'm glad about that. This IS the last SW film, so why not suck all the marrow we can out of it? I agree with what Malcolm said on the very first page, being ALMOST totally spoiler free...meaning don't over-indulge in the spoilers or there is no joy in seeing the film, but look at some of the new stuff to expect to add to the excitement...I can say it definately works.

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Episode III spoilers are like crack, it only takes a couple of hits and your hooked..BTW did anyone hear about....

23. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    what... did anyone hear about what?

Yea, in order to renew my SW Insider, I HAD to sign-up for Hyperspace (ah, shucks). Now, I'll probably be on there looking at all the behind the scenes stuff and "spoil" something... oh, well.

24. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So far, the behind the scenes stuff don't really spoil much. Most of the scenes are all shown with green screen in the background, so you have no clue what's going on. The only place I get any "spoilers" now is from my official fanclub membership but they're not anything that gives the main story away yet...so I'm satisfied with what they have been giving us so far. I'm just exicited for when trailers start popping up and we'll be able to download the better and bigger versions of them.

25. Corni_Wisea

Corni_Wisea Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    One way to think of this is Christmas. Remember when you were a little kid and you were so excited about what presents you got, and you didn't what anyone to ruin the suprise. You go to the tree and open the presents and are really suprised and happy.

Now imagine someone tells you the night before what presents you got. You are excited the next morning for the presents, but there is little, if any suprise the next morning. (Then again you might have been told something, and go to the tree and find out they were wrong.)

If your Jewish, this example probably has no meaning to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.