main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Steampunk Action Adventure film 'Aurora' - Free to watch

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AuroraTheFilm, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuroraTheFilm

AuroraTheFilm Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2011
    Hey Guys,
    We have recently completed a 30 minute Steampunk Action Adventure film called 'Aurora'
    It can be seen completely free at www.aurorathefilm.com or here on youtube

We are HUGE Star Wars fans and have drawn inspiration from a number of other sources like Firefly and Pirates of the Caribbean to create something we hope is fun and original.
    The enthusiasm and energy found across Sci Fi blogs, forums and fansites have been a huge help in the creative undertaking of this film, so we wanted to share it with the people who love adventures in other worlds.
    It was shot in and around the Adelaide area in South Australia on a budget of $1800.
    Using 8 locations, with over 80 costumed extras and 375 VFX shots it has been a mammoth undertaking in indie film making.

Synopsis
    "After his wife Alina (Nikki Gaertner-Eaton) is kidnapped by a group of slave traders and put up for sale to the highest bidder, Emerson Marks (Peter Rossi), captain of the airship ?Aurora? flies out in search of her. With his crew?s opinions divided and the ruthless slave trader LeMaher (Mark Aitchison) in his way, Emerson must decide how much he is willing to sacrifice in order to bring back the one he loves."

If you have any questions, thoughts or feelings then feel free to post them in this thread or send them to me via my email at jeremybakker87@gmail.com

Hope you like it!
    Jeremy

Moving this topic to Fan Films.

2. General_Yentam

General_Yentam Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks for posting. I will go watch this!!

3. AuroraTheFilm

Aug 14, 2011
    Hope you enjoy it mate!

4. Ende

Ende Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2006
    That was awesome!! Nicely done.

5. AuroraTheFilm

Aug 14, 2011
    Ah cheers mate!
    If you have any questions about any aspects of it feel free to ask.
    Cheers,
    Jeremy

6. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Truly enjoyed it. I was a bit turned off when i saw the runtime; fanfilms are barely watchable past 10, so congrats. I think being a fan of all the same inspirations kept me captivated for a while. The chroma keying could've used some extra TLC, but overall a very nice piece of original work!

7. AuroraTheFilm

Aug 14, 2011
    Yeah its definitely an awkward length for an internet film.
    I tend to struggle with anything over 5 minutes so asking people to sit through 34 is a bit hard at times.
    So far folk seem to be following it through till the end.
    Thanks for checking out our movie. If you know anyone else who may enjoy it then feel free to pass it along!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.