main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Steelers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by darthtuttle, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    This might be our year. I watched the end of the game on Saturday. The Patriots will be a challange.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The Patriots will be a challange.

You're right... they will be [face_devil]!!!

3. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Defiently the Pats will be a challenge! Adam V. Won't miss the kicks like Doug Brien did last week.

What position do you think/hope the Steelers will draft at?

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    What will the Patriots do when Cory Dillan has about 15 yards rushing in the first half?

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What will the Patriots do when Cory Dillan has about 15 yards rushing in the first half?

I'm not sure what they'll do when Cory Dillan only rushes for 15 yards in the first half. Maybe you should ask yourself what the Steelers will do when Corey Dillon rushes for 60+ yards and a TD in the first half ;).

What position do you think/hope the Steelers will draft at?

One ahead of the Pats [face_devil].

6. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    The sign of a great tem is they find ways to win, and don't give away games to 3 win teams like MIami!

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The sign of a great tem is they find ways to win,

You mean like the 01' Steelers that were supposed to stomp the Pats into the ground?

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The sign of a great tem is they find ways to win, and don't give away games to 3 win teams like MIami!

Miami has a good defense and has always given Brady fits.

I'll say this: I have every respect for the Steelers' running game and run defense, which has improved from playing against the offense in practice. I have every confidence in Corey Dillon and the Patriots' run defense as well, though, so call the running game for both teams a wash. I think the game will come down to which quarterback will make the key plays, and in a battle between a good rookie and a good veteran, I'll take the veteran any day.

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Steelers/Pat is going to be the REAL Super Bowl.

Yes, we broke their winning streak (advantage or motivation for them???) but this is the playoffs...and there's a whole new level of motivation involved.

Can't wait for this one...THE game to watch!

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The Steelers will beat the Patriots by two touchdowns or more. I just don't think they will be able to stop the Steeler's rushing attack and won't be able to run against the Steelers either. Their secondary is suspect and is getting too much credit for shutting down the Colts. If I had played cornerback in that game I would have looked good too. Their receivers droped a lot of balls and Manning mad to many bad throws. Something tells me they are ripe for a beating, again.

11. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am looking forward to this great match up this weekend.
    I don't talk alot of smack when it comes to sports I just let my team do the talking.

Both teams have great head coaches and it will not just be a game of strength but of the grey matter.

It will definetly be like a Superbowl atomosphere at the AFC Championship.

I hope the Patriots fans in Pittsburgh will represent New England proudly and not get too harrassed by Steeler nation.

I truly believe the Patriots have the advantage and will win the game and I think it will be an OT game also, but we will find out come Sunday.

You guys are welcome to post over on the Foxoro Forum New England Patriots thread that is in my signature.

12. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Two touchdowns? Wow, I finally met someone who actually drinks the Cowher Kool-Aid. These are two pretty evenly matched teams that stress ball control and defense. I don't think you'll see either team score more than 2 TD come Sunday. I'm seeing a close game somewhere in the 20-17 range with hopefully the Patriots coming out on top. It should be a quite entertaining game and a heck of a lot closer than that debacle back on Halloween.

13. Darth_Vindicus

Darth_Vindicus Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2005
    Aw man, we beat the Patriots before, only difference with this game is they have Dillon. But I think our defense will stuff him. I don't think that he alone can change the outcome of our game. Go Steelers!

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't think that he alone can change the outcome of our game.

You're right. It won't be Dillon's performance that will be the only difference between Sunday's game and the last time these two teams met. During that last game the Pats played terrible, their quality of play on both sides of the ball was poor. This time around they are a much more rounded team making fewer mistakes both in positive play and avoiding penalties. Your boys won't see the same thing on Sunday as they did before... you can count on that!

15. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I got the latest ESPN mag. in today and Big Ben is on the cover along with a cool story on him in it.

16. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Okay, so I was taking a nap at lunch today and had a nightmare. I dreamed of the final score of the game on Sunday. It wasn't good!

The score was Patriots 27, Steelers 21. The game went into over time tied at 21, with the Pats getting a touchdown to win it.

Gawd, I hope that's just a nightmare and not a premonition.

-Sal

17. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Everyone ready for tomorrow? I know I am!

Got the hat, the shirt, the Towel.

DOWN WITH THE PATS!!

18. Darth_Vindicus

Darth_Vindicus Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2005
    Sal for our sake, I hope your connection to the force is dwindling, and that was just a dream! =P

19. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Good luck guys.

Here's to Pennsylvania bowl in Florida. :D

20. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I might have to take this hat off. It's getting warm in here. LMAO.

21. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Did anyone see the guy in the audience wearing the jedi robes? Was it one of you guys?

22. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I am officialy declaring The partiots the new Cowboys!!!
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

23. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry to crush the hopes for a PA bowl. That would've been cool, I admit. But still, I'm a very happy Pats and Browns fan tonight. :D

24. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    We made too many misstakes. :( Oh well. Better luck next year, when Ben has more experience.

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I was just talking with a friend today about the difference between a "good team" and a "playoff team"...a good team can win alot of games in the regular season, a playoff team realizes that it doesn't really matter until the playoff start.

Ben just never looked comfortable, and 3 turnovers is the ballgame right there! And Brady is proven that he is a serious quarterback in this league. Manning may be the smartest QB (with all the records) in the league...but brady is getting it done where/when it matters.

Patriots are a good team, so it's not like we lost to a bunch of nobodys. And since I can't stand Owen (or his ego) I guess that means I'm cheering for the Pats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.