main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stellercon

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by jkg_vader, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey all...Any of you intersted???

March 19-21, 2004
    The Radisson Hotel
    High Point, North Carolina

Lots of Star Wars authors (Zahn, Stackpole, Alliston, and Salvatore), and other sci-fi authors.

If anyone is intersted, please let me know, because I totally want to go...

2. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I'm going to have to do some research on this Stellar Con. But from what you have said so far sounds pretty cool.

3. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I think the web site is www.stellarcon.org

I don't know if I spelled that right...

4. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm up for it. Might as well take advantage of what little there is to do in NC. I really want Sean and Felix to do another IQM.

5. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Me too. I really wish they would.

Hey guys, if you are reading this, give us another IQM!

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Vader Have you ever made a imperial officer costume?

7. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Stardog Admission is $25 on Saturday and $15 on Friday and Sunday. Wanna go on Sunday?

spooky

8. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Nope, but I could. All clothing is reletively simple. I just made a very difficult Legolas costume with no pattern, so I know I could do an Imp officer.

My hubby and I will be going to StellarCon on Sat.

9. Darth-Spookious

Darth-Spookious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2004
    With someone like me with not much money. i think sunday would be better for me. maybe the dealers will be cuttin' some deals on the last day. if everything i may want is not already gone by then.

10. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Sunday sounds like a plan dude! Vader maybe we could all meet up for a march meeting Saturday night in high point. What do you think lord Spookious? We could drink it up at UNO'S!!! They have great PIZZA!!!

11. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    we shall see, but unless we have a place to crash, my husband and I will have to make the long trek back to Swansboro before it gets too late, so we may have to bail on dinner. Oh, and another Jawahunter, cinemafreak, our city rep is coming with us.

12. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Plus there will be many dudes and dudettes from the 501st stormtrooper Carolina Garrison there, in full stormtrooper costumes. You guys are the host site so I heartily recommend your attendance. I can't make it because I'll be out of town on biz that weekend, grr stupid work but feel free to enjoy and have a blast without me.

13. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Special guests will include Aaron Allston, John Ringo, R.A. Salavatore, Michael Stackpole, and Timothy Zahn. That should start Stardog's excellent fan fic brain to salivating overtime.... ;)

14. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Indeed it shall Tallon. Thanks for the heads up!!!!

15. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    This is a cotuming event??? WAHOO!!!!

16. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Stellarcon is alot of fun, I went a few years ago when Timothy Zahn was there. There were a ton of dealers and fun things to do, lots of great costumes as well. I look forward to going this year, would be great to meet alot more of you.

Chris

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Do authors charge for their autographs?

18. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Not usually, but the classy way to treat them, with respect, as one would any other celebrity, would be to purchase one of their books and have them autograph the inside front cover.

19. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I was just wondering what everyones plans were for Stellarcon. We could all decide on a place and time to meet beforehand and all go together, make it a joint meeting/ event. Its coming up soon, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Due to my work scedule it will probably be Saturday before I can go.

Chris
    Greensboro Garrison

20. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well, Padawan We're going on Sunday . Your welcome to meet up with us before hand if you like. We're also meeting Saturday night after the con at Unos' in High Point.

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well the con ends at 2:00 on Saturday but, I don't get out of the Flea Market until 4:30 / 5:00. Who could show JKG around for a couple hours until I can meet everyone at Uno's?

22. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Stellarcon ends at 2pm on Saturday? I have a copy of the schedule and it says 11:30pm for the last scheduled event, hope that is of some help. Let me know what time everyone is meeting at Uno's.

Chris

23. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm also going to StellarCon but I'm only going for Saturday. Could someone tell me what time it starts so that way I can leave Raleigh early on Saturday? I'm going to work with the 501st on that day. Send me a PM!!!

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

-UD

24. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I think it starts at 10 in the morning, with a costume contest that evening....

25. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    well JKG it does end at 2:00 am . SOOOOO, I guess it's up to you when we should meet at Unos. How long are you gonna stay at the con that day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.