main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stem-Cells and why we need to allow them to move forward.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lantern_Knight, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lantern_Knight

Lantern_Knight Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    The President has said in recent weeks he would veto any bill expanding the use of embryonic stem cells. The question is why? Why would he do such a thing? I understand he is a man of "morals" but to hinder the only thing in the last few years to offer hope to so many seems to be a bit callous to say the least. I am a diabetic, and if they could cure me, I would do anything I could to make it so. I would move heaven and earth to try and make it so I dont have to live each day with a needle in my stomach. To have to drive my family closer and closer into bankruptcy, becuase no insurance company will insure a 26 year old pump diabetic, and because the insulin I need to live is 60 bucks a bottle, and I use one every week. The idea of blocking a possible cure seems inhuman at best, and it wont be until his parents or children come down with one of the illnesses that stem cells offer hope too, that we will see him change his mind. Thank you

There are already two existing topics that cover this issue. EXAMPLE

Please use one or the other.

2. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Instead of vetoing stem-cell research, Bush should double any funding proposwed for it. THe future of medical science would be greatly increased with the help of stemcells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.