main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga -Step One- RE: the Simpson's Quotation Roulette challenge (humor; young Luke, Owen, Beru)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This is a very silly little ficcy, and is in no way mean to be taken seriously. You shall find no angst here!
    It was written for the Simpson?s Quotation Roulette challenge , and the quote I recieved was: "I reached Step One: She knew I existed. The only problem was, she didn't care." -Homer Simpson

Thank you for reading!!! [:D]

?Uncle? How did you and Aunt Beru meet??

?Excuse me?? Owen Lars harrumphed. ?Why would a young boy like yourself ask such a thing??

Young Luke Skywalker smiled innocently and shrugged. ?I just wanna know.?

Owen frowned. ?A boy of eight should be outside, running around in the sand dunes and getting into trouble. Not asking about,? he cleared his throat. ?Romance. It?s just not natural.?

Luke blanched. ?So?you want me to get dirty sand all over my clothes and get into trouble? That is so not my style.?

Uncle Owen looked to the sky. ?That?s what worries me.?

Luke crossed his arms. ?Well??

?If I tell you will you promise to go outside and play for a while??

Luke rolled his eyes. ?Whatever.?

?Don?t ?whatever? me!?

?If I get eaten by a krayt dragon it will be entirely your fault.?

Owen rolled his eyes. ?Whatever.?

?Don?t mock me!? Luke protested.

?Don?t ?whatever? me!?

?Fine!?

?Fine!?

The two crossed their arms and turned away from each other.

?Boys?? Beru called from the kitchen. ?Is everything all right in there??

?Yes!? The two chorused. Beru peeked into the room to see them wearing enormous grins, arms across each other?s shoulders. She glared suspiciously and went back to her cooking.

As soon as she left, Owen and Luke?s arms snapped into their own laps.

?So?? Luke insisted.

?So what??

?How did you two meet? I?m curious as to how a kind woman like Aunt Beru could ever come to love a brutish man like yourself.?

Owen bared his teeth. ?Don?t get cheeky with me, boy!?

?That wasn?t cheeky. It was an affront.? Luke smiled. ?But the comment I just made, that I will admit, was cheeky.?

Owen growled.

?Hey,? Luke raised his hands in defense. ?Just tell me and I?ll go outside for a while and be out of your?? Luke eyed Owen?s prematurely-balding head. ?Hair.?

?I don?t like being blackmailed.? Owen snarled.

Luke shrugged. ?Who does??

Beru peeked in again suspiciously, and Owen?s snarl quickly turned into a light, obviously forced, laugh. ?Is everything all right, dear?? Beru pressed. She took a worried step forward. ?Are you choking??

?No, no, I?m fine.? Owen assured her, smiling falsely.

?He was just about to tell me a story,? Luke said. ?About how you met him!?

?Oh, how lovely!? Beru smiled. She sat on the couch beside Owen. ?Dinner will be ready in half an hour, plenty of time for a story. You can start, darling.?

Owen groaned. He did not like how things were getting out of his hands so quickly. ?It all started when I smashed my finger with a mallet.?

Luke raised an eyebrow. ?How romantic.?

?Shut up, boy! Don?t talk during the story.?

?Owen! Don?t speak like that to him!? Beru scolded.

?Sorry, Beru,? Owen glared at Luke. ?Anyway. So I had smashed my finger quite hard with the mallet. It was bleeding very profusely. I showed it to Shm?my mother?who-?

?Your mother?s name was ?Shm??? Luke interrupted. ?What kind of a name is that??

?What kind of a name is ?Luke??? Owen retorted.

Luke stuck his tongue out at his uncle where Beru couldn?t see, then turned to his aunt. ?Aunt Beru,? he whined. ?Did you hear what he said??

?Owen!? Beru said. ?Be nice.?

Owen took a deep calming breathe then continued with the story. ?As I was saying. My finger was gory. So I showed it to my mother, who told me I would need stitches. She was preparing to be kidnapped by Tusken Raiders so she wouldn?t have to deal with my moody father anymore??

?Uncle, who was my father??

?Shut up, Luke, let me tell the story. So I let my mother be, and

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    "I don't like being blackmailed." Owen snarled.

Luke shrugged. "Who does?"

[face_laugh] X 1,072,690.629!

That was a remarkably silly and entertaining piece, Meredith! I loved it all, but this was my first real laugh out loud moment.

Very Bart/Homer exchange throughout the whole thing. I can see Luke with spikey hair now, lol!

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was just priceless!

The way you styled this, almost like a Simpson's episode/moment was just classic!

And bravo! The cheeky luke with spiky hair is awesome LOL! I loved the exchanges between him and Own and then how Owen's on his best behavior when Beru's around. LOL!

Great stuff :D And such a cute "how-they-met" moment ;)

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?I am older! I get older every second! I?m older. I just got older again. Older. Older. Older.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love little Luke!! He certainly was determined to hear that story, wasn't he?
    :p

Wonderful job on the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    That just made my day. It was hilarious. Brilliant.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! You did a great job with a very difficult quote! [face_laugh]

?Wow, you sure are expeditious,? Luke commented.

Owen ignored Luke and continued. ?The officer asked Beru what she had seen, and Beru confirmed that, yes, I had been speeding. I got the ticket, and the officer drove off. Beru too began to leave. Like I said previously, I loved her and wanted her to be my wife. I [had] reached Step One: She knew I existed. The only problem was she didn't care."

?What was Step Two?? Luke asked excitedly.

?Marriage.?

?That?s a HUGE step from just knowing you exist, Uncle Owen.?

?That it is, boy.?

?Is there?like a?Step One and a Half, then? One and Three-Quarters??

?No, Luke.? Owen sighed.

?Step One and Two-Thirds??

Naughty Luke! [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh]

=D=

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    *lmao* Owen and Luke are just like Homer and Bart and I love that, it was such a cool idea. Amazing work Meredith.

8. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Loved it! =D=

A really cute seponse to the challenge! So Owen really had his hands full with his nephew! :D

Cheers,

VeryBusy

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    ?I dunno. Sometime after that. You asked to hear about the day we met, not our life story.?

[face_laugh]

This was priceless! Owen and Luke have such a Homer-and-Bart vibe. And I found the part about heavy traffic consisting of three speeders very amusing. Great use of the quote, too! :D

Well done, Meredith! =D=

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    BrentusofGath: [face_blush] Keep on like this, and my swelled head won't be able to fit through doorways! :p
    That's EXACTLY what I was going for! A Star Wars version of Homer and Bart [face_dancing] :D
    [:D] thankee, Brentus!!

Jade_Max: [face_laugh] Well I'm absolutely ecstatic that you enjoyed it so much [face_dancing] Thanks for reaidng, and for the loverly review. [face_blush]

KELIA: Gah! That line you quoted was my favorite one from the whole fic!!! *dances with joy*
    Thanks for reading and reviewing!!!!

karebear214: Well, I'm glad to hear that!! :D So glad ya liked this. :) Thank you forr eading!

VaderLVR64: [face_laugh] Naughty Luke is right. Thank you, and thank you again for reaidng!

Star_Angel: [face_blush] Tee hee! Thank you so much!! :cool: [:D]

verybusy: Yes, precisely! Luke was a very rotten kid [face_thinking] And sarcastic. :p No wonder Owen wouldn't let him go to Toshi station! Thanks for reading!!!

amidalachick: Thank you, thank you, thank you! The three speeder traffic...*snicker*...was one of my favorite parts.:p
    Thank you! I'm glad ya liked this! [face_dancing]

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful response Meredith! Love the dialogue!

LOL Moment: ?I am older! I get older every second! I?m older. I just got older again. Older. Older. Older.?

Bravo! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.