main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Stephen King Comic Books - Dark Tower, The Stand And Now...Talisman

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    King novels are being adapted to the comic book format at a rapid pace. First came prequels to the Dark Tower novels. Now issue two of The Stand is available. Next up is The Talisman. That's right King fans. The epic story of a boy named Jack Sawyer on a quest into the Territories will be in comic book format! As some of you know a film or TV-movie version of The Talisman has been in 'Development Hell' since the novel was first published sometime between 1983-1987. The comic book industry is moving ahead and bypassing the quagmire that plagues a Talisman film or TV-movie. As one of King's 'Constant Readers' my anticipation is high for more King derived comic books. After the Talisman is completed what will the comic book publishers adapt next? There is a darkly wonderful sequel already in novel form to The Talisman. Perhaps the publishers will opt to adapt The Black House. My favorite King novels are Salem's Lot and IT. Might not they make fine comic books? Yes. YES! Please. PLEASE! Salem's Lot and IT both have shades of the old EC horror pulps in them. So they would be natural picks. [face_clown],[face_devil],[face_skull]

BEEP! BEEP!

2. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    As long as they release them in hardcover collections like the first DT comic series. I like them on the bookshelf as compainions to my King hardcover collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.