Provo Stepping down in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Sep 17, 2009.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone. :) This is my official notice that I'll be stepping down as Chapter Rep of the Provo FanForce at the end of September.

I have enjoyed my time being CR, but due to my personal life becoming more hectic and the tiny size of our FanForce, I feel I no longer have the energy needed to help keep us afloat. I love you guys, but I simply don't have the energy any longer to try to motivate people to come to activities or post on the boards (something I feel is one of the CR's duties). Not to mention, my own activity on the boards has dropped from what it used to be too.

I want to give someone else time to volunteer/be voted in as CR because I don't want to see us disbanded and I still plan on hanging out here. :)

You can post here if you're interested in being CR so we can hold a vote and whatnot. I've PM'ed our RSA Jedi_Knight_Birr about it.
  2. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    NO! This cant disband.
  3. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_worried] I don't want it to, which is why I'm not stepping down immediately. Just don't have the energy anymore, I feel burnt out.
  4. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    I understand-does this mean that the site will be shut?
  5. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    The site? You mean the Provo boards? Not if someone volunteers or is voted into the CR position. I'm willing to wait 2+ weeks for that to happen. I'm not trying to kill the FanForce or anything. :)
  6. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    Doesnt anyone else post here anymore or am I it?
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Sorry, I've been reading but not posting for a while because I was holding off on posting until something was written. We'll miss you, Mia, though I wish you'll come to activities afterwards. But I'm here, yes.
  8. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Posting is usually like this, yeah.

I did say I'd still be around. ;)
  9. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    I would help out but im brand new-usually the CR would have to know everyone and the area at the very least.
  10. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I'd be willing to co-CR or just help whoever gets elected, since I've CRed through slow times before.
  11. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    The CR doesn't necessarily already have to know everyone, though there is getting 'voted' in and whatnot. It's just someone in the local area who's willing to represent the chapter and assist in setting up activities at least once every 3 months. I think part of the reason I burned out is that I always felt it was my job to decide what the activity was instead of rotating that responsibility around.
  12. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    I can see how that can weigh you down after a bit. I would like to try it, doesnt look like there are more than a few of us who post here anyway.
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    There are a couple more that rarely come and then one person in particular who rarely if ever posts, but comes regularly.
  14. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    Hmm, sorry to hear you're stepping down. Glad to hear that you will still be around though. I completely understand your reasons. From talking to you it did seem that it is hard when you have to try to do everything yourself to keep this going.

I am not on here the most often (or haven't been recently). Hoping to be more now that the semester is almost halfway over and I am all settled in. I would be willing to step up to be the CR and be take charge in organizing things and helping our group.
  15. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, ben, didn't see your post offering to take the reins. Do you and JediKnight want to duke it out? ;) Or we can have a 'vote'. Should have a vote, I mean.
  16. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    Nope, no need I was only wanting to keep the site from being shut. Just moving here and starting the new job would have been tough to take the "reigns". But I will help out as much as I can still.
  17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Hopefully this means we'll see you at activities, JK. :p You've got my vote if you want it.
  18. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, more than the 2 I have been to. Haha
  19. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Precisely. Look forward to actually knowing you. :)
  20. oldbenk31 Force Ghost

star 3
    If you ever want to have an event as someones home, I would love to meet some new SW fans. I live so close to a movie theater you can see the marguee. Only problem is I live in Midvale and still collecting furniture (I have almost a full house)since moving here from Australia but I would make it a great time for all!
  21. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, JediKnight's got my vote. If oldben is okay with JK being CR too, then that would make the minimum of 3 we need, right? (This is how braindead I am. I need to go find the voting procedure cause I can't remember.)

Midvale could be fun for an activity sometime!
  22. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yes, the rule is three.
  23. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    I think it would be great to have an event down your way sometime oldben. Especially good that its by a theater, I like movies. haha. Only problem is my lack of a transport these days. My car broke down on me a few weeks ago.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby