main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Stepping down...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthSkywalker360, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Yup, I feel like its that time for me. I've been CR for about a year and helped get us back up after a lot of people seemed to drop off the map. Now with a lot of new people joining and the very successful last few meetings I feel like I've done my job. Heck everyone is already planning meetings themselves. Its fantastic. Now with the rest of the summer I just want to enjoy it as much as I can and won't be able to fulfil the duties of CR. Also with my last year of college coming up, I know I will not be on here very often.

Now this does not by any circumstances mean that I'm not going to drop off the face of the Earth. I will still post online and show up to future meetings when I can.

Love is love

2. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I wish I could have been to some of the meetings while you were CR but I moved a while back. I live in Illinois now. I would just like to say good luck bro! Keep in touch.

3. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Believe it or not, that was what was supposed to happen with this group from the outset.

FanForce provides the basic guidelines with the FF members taking up the baton for themselves to move their groups forward. The CR position has always been one that should be passed on to others every so often. It is supposed to be a kind of share the responsibility thing.

The big blank that FF left out there was how to pass on the CR position. While many groups hold elections, some groups' CR's actually name their successors.

Since this group started in '02 before Episode II came out, you make the fourth CR. You have managed to set things up for the group to do, and actually got more people involved. If nothing else, congratulations on a job well done.

I've seen them come and go. All of them. Including the former CR that I see every day. None of them have been bad at all, and all have had the best intentions. The big stumbling block in Cincinnati has always been to get folks motivated. I know. I'm one of the ones that will not be easily motivated to attend a meeting, if ever. I have a hard time making the time to do extra stuff.

You've gotten folks motivated to do. That's something! Again, all I can say is congratulations!

4. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Always sad to see someone step down.

So how would you all like to go about voting for a new CR?

If you want, we can have everyone make some nominations, then we can have a vote. We can do the vote as a poll or by private PM.

Just let me know!

5. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Mike you were by far the greatest CR that I have ever seen. If I ever again become a CR in the future I will definetely look back onto how you ran the show and implement it in my second run. Like Darth Auditor I also am moving in 2 weeks. My Wife got a job at the University of Pittsburgh and so in 2 weeks we are moving back to Pittsburgh. Those of you that don't know me very well, I am originally from there and this will be my homecoming. Best of luck Mike and great job as CR.

6. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I think we should let Mike as one of his last acts, choose 2 or 3 nominations.

7. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I say just let people throw their own names in for nominations. If nobody does say within a week then I guess I'll throw some names out there.

8. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok so here's the deal. To nominate yourself PM Drk Father1 our RSA. Do NOT PM me because Sunday morning I will be leaving for vacation to Gatlinburg and will be gone for a week. So put in your names and good luck. Whatever Drk Father1 decides to do with the voting and what not while I'm gone is fine by me. I'll check back when I get back to Cincy. I better to see at least 2 names in the pot. Good Luck people.

9. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I have 1 so far, keep 'em coming!

I'll give everyone a week to send me their nominations, and after that I'll start a thread naming the nominees, then everyone can PM their vote to me.

10. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    What are all the duties and obligations of the local CR?

11. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Good Luck Mike, you know you will always be welcome at anything we do ;) and in planning it too. . . Also have fun in Gatlinburg!

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    ImperialRecruiter is right! No one person should take on so much responsibility (and being a good CR does take alot of work) indefinatly. Most CRs (and RSAs) stay in office for about a year, then it's time for other people to step up and continue the work.

I was fortuante enough to see DarthSkywalker360 get started, and I've been checking in on you guys from time to time...and I have to say under his leadership, this chapter has made an amazing comeback! You've done good kid...time for someone else to drive.

13. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    well i'm back. gatlinburg was fun. but the real fun will be to see who put there names in the running to be CR.

14. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I've only got two nominations so far...any others?

I'll wait until Friday and then post the nominees. Then everyone can PM me their votes.

15. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Again, I ask, what are the requirements for the CR position? I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands soon and might be up for it.

16. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't know much about the spot, but some of the duties have to do with being the liason (sp?) with the moderators for how the group behaves and getting with the RSA to post meeting dates on the main board.

I don't know if DarthSkywalker360 was already doing the meeting date posting part, but that could be a way to attract new members as well, who've only recently learned of the boards and don't know that Cincy has a page.

17. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Sorry GeekGoddess! I missed that!

The position of CR, for the most part, is to act as the liason between your chapter and the moderators and other CR's of the Fanforce. Anytime your chapter needs something, whether its to have a thread locked, stickied, or a meeting announcment posted, you would contact me, or another Moderator. The CR also helps out the Mods by watching out for violations of the Terms of Service, or other trouble. Unfortunately, the way the coding works for our boards, the individual CR's can't be granted Mod power over just their own chapters without having access to the entirety of the boards. There was some talk of moving the boards last year that would have given us some new software that would have allowed that, but it fell through and never came to pass.

In most chapters, the CR also takes on the general leadership position withing your group, organizing meetings, throwing out ideas, and generally acting as the "leader". Some chapters have officers other than a CR, such as President, VP, etc. but that's usually for pretty large groups.

I know I said I'd wait until this past Friday, and then post the nominees, but if you're interested in throwing your name into the running too, just let me know! I'll give you a day or two to decide and then we can get the voting under way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.