main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Steps (MMM, June 2008 Challenge; Cliegg, Shmi, Owen, C3P0)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Steps
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Beta: The Musical Jedi (thank you [:D] )
    Characters: Cliegg, Shmi, Owen, Threepio
    Timeframe: Between TPM and AoTC
    Summary: Cliegg is away, attending a moisture farmer convention. Owen is late getting back from getting supplies in Anchorhead, and has not called to say what is going on. Shmi is deeply concerned.
    Note: This is in response to the MMM challenge to write a mush story in which two people have a fight (argument, not a sluggfest or blow-'em-to-smithereens fight) which is resolved with a kiss.

[b]Steps[/b]

Shmi alternately paced and looked out across the vast expanse of sand as the twin suns made their descent. ?Owen,? she whispered, ?Where are you??

While Tatoo II?s orange face slowly disappeared behind the horizon, the ex-slave frowned as she wrapped her arms around herself. She knew she should turn on the shield generators now, but she wanted to give her stepson just a couple minutes more before doing so. For the first time since marrying Cliegg, the beauty of the dessert and its colorful sunsets were lost on her. She strained to catch any sign of movement that would indicate Owen?s swoop skimming across the desert floor, kicking up a sand cloud.

?Madam Skywalker-Lars, it?s time to turn on the shield generators.?

Shmi snapped her head around to down look at the droid in the courtyard. ?I know that, Threepio!? She sighed then as she turned and silently descended the staircase.

The droid tilted its head as it regarded her. ?I?m sure he?ll be alright, madam. He?s resourceful, and if I may say so, too stubborn to let any danger get the best of him.?

Shmi smiled slightly, though the worry did not leave her eyes. ?Yes, he?s much like his father,? her voice held the warm fondness she felt for both her husband and stepson. After she raised the shields, she heard the comm ring. Hope sprang up in her breast as she ran to answer it. ?Owen?? The anxiety in her voice turned to disappointment, ?Oh.?

?Well, I?m glad to see you, too!? Cliegg?s image peered at her with a lopsided smile as he chuckled.

?I?m sorry, I [i]am[/i] happy to hear from you, but Owen went into Anchorhead this morning for supplies, and hasn?t come back yet. I just put up the shields for the night.?

?Well, he probably got together with some friends. I wouldn?t worry about him unless he doesn?t come back in the morning.?

?But, he usually calls when that happens.?

?Have you called his friends??

?Not yet. I was going to when you called.?

?I see. Trying to get rid of me already?? Cliegg clucked his tongue as he shook his head. ?I guess the honeymoon really [i]is[/i] over.?

Shmi blushed slightly even as her eyes gleamed with humor. ?We?ll see about that when you get home from the moisture farmers? convention. How?s it going, by the way??

Cliegg rolled his eyes. ?Boring as hell! I wish you were here? better yet, I should have sent Owen to this and we could have the farm to ourselves.? He wiggled his eyebrows, enjoying the thought. ?Seriously though, all that?s been going on are longwinded speeches by so-called experts who are only trying to sell their latest gizmos to revolutionize the industry.?

Shmi sighed, ?I miss you.?

?I miss you, too, sweetheart. I?ll let you go though so you can call Owen?s friends.? He harrumphed, ?Ten to one he?s with Beru at Tenzen Point.? He referred to the rock tower in the dessert where teenagers and young adults went to make out with their dates. It was named after Kayl Tenzen, who was a poet as well as a moisture farmer on Tatooine a century ago. His most famous poem, titled ?Climb to the Moons? mentioned the tower? or so many claimed. Given his reputation as a womanizer, the tower mentioned was just as likely to be a euphemism for his manhood.

Shmi smiled as she thought that perhaps she and Cliegg would most likely become parents-in-laws in t

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was wonderful!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?Well why don?t you just wear it on your wrist??

?It chaffs!?

What's a little chaffing when it comes to your safety? :p

I'm glad Owen calmed down as quickly as he did.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Nice work Alexis. Really well done. I've wondered a few times what it would have been like for Owen and Shmi to have a relationship, given that she never really got to see Anakin come into his own.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Reaching out and patting his hand, she smiled in understanding. ?I?m sorry, too. I?m glad you?re back home and safe.?

Grasping her hand, he lightly squeezed. ?And I?m glad you?re my mother.?

Simply gorgeous! [face_love] =D=

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... that was great Alexis! =D=

Grasping her hand, he lightly squeezed. ?And I?m glad you?re my mother.?
    That was so touching! It made me want to hug him! :)

Wonderful job!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely response and so reminding me of those other fics with Owen and Beru. That's Owen and instantly regretting it and calling Shmi his mother.

7. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Awww, that was precious. =D=

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

8. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Beautiful!!!!! Absolutely spectacular Alexis....great job!

[face_good_luck] Irish

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Owen blushed. ?I could have if I didn?t forget my wrist comm.?

?I specifically asked you if you had it, Owen.?

?I know!?

Mothers and children the universe over have had this kind of conversation...

Well done and good story. :)

10. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Sooooooooo typical male! [face_laugh] I love the new angle you took. There are so few fics about this family and I loved the little insight into Shmi's feelings for Owen.

Bravo! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.