main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Steps to forming a FF Chapter

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    1) Start planning your first event. This can be a simple ?meet and greet? at a coffee shop, or a theater movie night, or a "field trip" to a local convention.

2) Once you have decided on the event I will need to be contacted and told all the info so that I can post the event(s) in the FF Events News.

3) Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times and you are granted the official chapter status.

4) During your first 3 meetings start discussing the following: CR nominations/voting (talk to me if you need help or to fine out some "rules"/limitations regarding the position), chapter names, and direction of the club.

5) Once the CR has been selected I'll make him (or her) a VIP and you will be granted access to the CR private forum so that you can receive some added help in your duties. CR?s are limited to ONLY BLUE for a color. Above all keep the communication with me open.

6) Next discuss the added bonuses that can be given to your chapter. Banners, custom colours, extended edit time on posts, and titles (which I'll have a larger say in).

7) If you have the means, web links can be added to chapter web sites if available.

8) Have fun.

2. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! I like the step to have fun though.lol. Well I can't wait until this chapter gets farther into its process!:)

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Are you in London, Mert? We're already planning event #1: A meeting to hang out and get to know each other at Warrior's place. He lives just south of Western. Anyone who's interested, let us know! I'm looking forward to meeting you people.

4. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Well, that's pretty good. Getting through steps one and two a total of three times with be fun, and there's nothing like a good ole city rep campaign.

**Thrawn: I know you and I are pretty much hook and tuck at this point, but I'm postitive the Toronto Chapter has two reps.
    (Note to YJN: Tragic, obviously, and Grande Poobah, right? Or is there a difference?
    Maybe we can figure something out......or maybe some charismatic newbie will come and take it from us!

As for banners and colours and stuff, my friend is a comp sci major at Western, and will be joining the boards when he gets to London. So, at least we'll have something in that regard, if no one else can.

Thanks again go out to Chris.

5. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    No I'm not in London now. I just heard about this place from The_ Last_ Warrior and I wanted to check it out. Well this shall be an interesting forum when it gets farther in its process.

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    The_Last_Warrior - ?**Thrawn: I know you and I are pretty much hook and tuck at this point??

You (if you fit the rules) and AT60 aren?t the only ones that are eligible for the CR position. Everyone that is a potential member of the London chapter has equal chance of becoming the CR.

Before you start making nominations I?d have the 3 meeting under your belt first, you never know who may show up and demonstrate leadership abilities that you would feel better having the position. Plus I do not think you should make decisions without meeting each other first in real life.

The_Last_Warrior ? ??I'm positive the Toronto Chapter has two reps. Tragic, obviously, and GrandePoobah, right? Or is there a difference?

Yes, TragicLad is the CR of Toronto (full time), The GrandPoobah is also the CR of Toronto (part-time) and is also, in some form, the CR of Ottawa where he goes to school. BUT...these set-up is being done away with.

There have been some changes in the rules regarding CR?s and the cities they live in. Three of the new rules are:
    1) You must be 18 or older
    2) Only one CR per city
    3) You must reside in you chapter city 12 months of the year

If you have any questions please PM me.

7. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

I see your point, Chris. Like I said before, there might be some charismatic separatist that comes along.... :p

Thanks for all the info.

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I figure it doesn't matter who is City Rep, and by that I mean as long as they fit what YJN wants, is respectible, and holds up his or her responsiblities, and of course fits the criteria.

The ones who initially form a chapter don't have to be reps :) There are many fans in London and one other may be better qualified. You know, like Office Bob. ;)

Justin

9. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Yoda;

"Cookoo you have gone Dooku....Elect Last Warrior for CR you must...hmphf!...."

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I agree, Primrodo. We should discuss CR more during the third event, when we know better who the members are, who is elgible, and who is qualified. At least, that's my opinion.

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hi Everyone!

I am so glad to see that London FanForce is getting underway, and I'll definitely be around to help out with anything and party as a loooong time FanForcer. For those who might not know me, I was one of the organizers of the Toronto Long Line back in '99. I'm in my second year at Western, and I'll be back in London as of September 1st. If you guys need any help, let me know! Can't wait to meet you!

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    It's time to start getting serious with the planning of the first event, people. Who, what, where, when, why. Let's discuss it.

13. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Well, a logical event is to go and see Attack of the Clones one more time, but I'm not sure how long it will be in London for - in Toronto, it's just hanging on.

14. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Its at Rainbow Cinema right now, cheap cheap, right downtown London.

I like that idea Lelila!

:D

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    When does Warrior arrive in town?

16. Chris_the_Jawa

Chris_the_Jawa Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    AOTC is playing at Rainbow!?!?! Sweet!!

17. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

I'll be arriving tomorrow (the first)

If you guys want to come to my place in about a week or so, that might work....

Let me know.

18. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I don't know when I'll be working, but I
    ll let you know as soon as possible.

19. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    *dances* I'm gonna see AOTC tomorrow at Rainbow! (woot!) My place is also open for meetings and such, though with all of us moving in it will be a while before it's decent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.