main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Steve Irwin KIlled!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Ok, hands up if within 30 seconds of hearing the news u thought "Crikey" and then felt vaguly guilty for making the joke.

*raises hand*

Truly, Im actually sad to see him go. he was a straight up guy, and passionate about what he did. i may not have been a fan of his, but I respect what he did for wildlife both here and overseas.

Cya Steve

2. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I was shocked to read over somebodies shoulder here at work that Steve Irwin had been killed. He seemed very passionate about his job, and the tourism work he did for this counrty is phenominal, little own all the wildlife and conservation. Sure he got in a lil bit of strife a while back, but he seemed genuinely caring person, both for his family, his job, and animal population!

Least he went out doing what he enjoyed! Ironic, after working all these years with crocodiles and other extremely dangerous creatures, a lousy stingray got him :(

3. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    its sad, but i saw this coming that some sort of animal he was working with would probably eventually kill him.

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    No matter what you may have thought of him personaly (and he was very full on) he did some incredible work for the conservation of endangered species and was a very important voice in that effort.

I hope that work continues.

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    As irritating as he may have been at times, I have to agree he did some great things.

My thoughts go out to his family.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I stumbled upon the news by accident on ninemsn. Bit of a shock as he seemed to be the type that could survive just about anything (like Bryan Brown's character in Along Came Polly).
    But what a way to go, being bayoneted in the chest by a stingray.
    He has done some amazing things concerning the environment and his efforts will be sorely missed. I also feel sorry for his family and his children to grow up without their father.

7. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yes, definatly the passion is the biggest thing about Steve Irwin.

I believe that if you are passionate about what you do, then you will go far.

You really cant deny Steve the passion he had. Like everyone else said, he has done so much for wildlife conservation, probably boardering on being unrecognised for it.

I really feel sorry for his kids.

8. Possum1

Possum1 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2006
    I have to admit I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it, but after investigating a little further found out it was true. It's quite a unique way to go, I would never have thought that a stingray would have got him.
    As much as I thought he was a little too out there sometimes, he did some great work with the zoo and promoting Australia through TV(He actually made quarrantine interesting)so I'm very sorry he's gone.
    You'll be missed Steve.

9. Axicana

Axicana Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    Steve Irwin was a great bloke who just got unlucky, but he did some great stuff for our country.
    Peace out Steve, you'll be missed.

10. Handmaiden_Dorme

Handmaiden_Dorme Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2005
    I feel so sorry for his family. He's the samw age as my dad and if i lost him today then i'd be ripped apart.
    He did many great things for our country and animals but the most important thing was his family. They all seemed so close and happy together.

I hope they'll be alright, they were a young family.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

A work associate was text messaged a joke, something along the lines of him forgetting to put sunscreen on for harmful rays. I didn't find it funny; neither did anyone else.

12. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    i heard one of them today, it was about the singer Sting singing at his funeral..i kind of found it funny, i know I shouldnt but hey

13. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Wow. 24 hours before people started posting jokes.

14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yeah, took a while. and they're using the excuse of "I heard someone else say..."

I suppose that's respect now.

15. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Shocking news, and amazing how everyone here and around the world reacted. My thoughts were immediately with his wife and kids. I'm sure they will come to understand he lost his life doing his life's work, and that they will carry on his legacy with the support of their family, friends, and community.

Cheers Steve. Thanks for entertaining and educating.

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

For the record, I didn't find it funny.

17. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    First Steve Irwin dies doing what he loves, now Peter Brock, what is going on?

18. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    yes i find all this that is happening very strange... they all die doing what they are famous for

19. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Lots of people die every day. Even celebrities.

(especially celebrities that cheat death for a living)

20. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

I would be very scared if I was a Rolling Stone.

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Kieth Richards died years ago. Anything he's done since has merely been the chemical reaction of all the drugs in his system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.