main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Sticks and Stones ~*Vignette*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nikita, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Title: Sticks and Stones
    Author: Nikita
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: Vignette, H/C
    Keywords: bullies
    Summary: Obi-Wan meets up with his adversay Bruck. More than words are spoken and Obi gets help from someone other than the healers.
    Notes: Obi-Wan is about 6 years old.

~~~~~

?Sticks and stone may break my bones, but words will never...? The boy was cut off when a fist landed in his stomach. He stumbled backwards and lost his balance. He felt his face turning redder than a tomacco plant when he heard the laughter.

?Words may not hurt, but that?s not what I?m gonna do to you next time you get in my way.? Bruck Chun was doubled over in laughter at the sight of the younger boy sitting in the mud. His friends were giggling right along with him, but stopped as they saw their prey slowly climb to his feet.

?Ready for more Oafy-Wan?? Bruck taunted Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan just stood there, silently getting angrier and angrier. He reached his breaking point when a young Calamarian girl walked into the gardens.

?Obi-Wan!? The girl called out to her friend. Obi-Wan watched helplessly as Bruck grabbed her arm and roughly pushed her into Obi-Wan. He felt his backside hit the mud for the second time that day, only this time, his friend Bant fell on top of him, squashing him in the muck further.

?Look at them, two peas in a pod. They?re both clumsy beyond belief.? Bruck and his friends turned towards the door as Bant helped Obi-Wan to his feet.

?Are you okay Bant?? Obi-Wan asked his best friend. She nodded her head yes, but her eyes widened as they watched Obi-Wan stalk towards his enemy.

?It?s one thing when you come after me, but you don?t mess with my friends.? Obi-Wan launched his small body at the older boy, hitting him in the chest. They both fell to the ground, rolling on top of one other. Each trying to gain the upper hand. Obi-Wan landed a punch on Bruck?s face, near the left eye. Bruck answered with another punch to the gut, causing Obi-Wan to gasp for air.

Bruck pushed Obi-Wan off of him and stood up. He smiled as he saw the younger boy coughing.

?That?ll teach you to mess with me!? Bruck said as he viscously kicked Obi-Wan in the stomach three times. Obi-Wan groaned with each hit, trying to curl up to protect himself.
    Bruck was having too much fun inflicting pain of his nemesis that he didn?t see Bant run out of the room. His friends slowly faded out of the room, sensing trouble heading their way. They fled back to the creche, knowing that what they had done was wrong. But they were too afraid of Bruck to suggest the older boy to stop picking on the younger children.

Obi-Wan moaned at the pain in his ribs as he tried to take a deep breath. Bruck had lost interest in him after he had kicked the living daylights out of him. The older boy was just about to leave the room when a tall figure filled the doorway.

Bruck stumbled back as he recognized the master. He quickly bowed his head, knowing that he was in trouble.

The master walked closer and stopped in front of the boy. ?Do not move from this spot until I tell you you can move.? The voice was ice cold, freezing Bruck in his spot.

The master quickly walked towards where the still figure was laying. Obi-Wan?s chest was moving very slightly, trying not to aggravate his chest. The master knelt down and laid his hand on top on the boy?s chest.

Obi-Wan felt a warmth fill his body as the healing touch of the force flowed through his aching body. He sighed at the gentle touch, curling into the master when he was picked up. The master?s chest rumbled when he spoke to Bruck, making Obi-Wan giggle at the sensation as it tickled his cheek.

?Follow me. Now.? The clipped phrase warned Bruck not to speak or offer any excuses. He meekly followed the tall man out the door and down to the healers.

~~~~~

Julian glanced up as he saw Mace enter the ward. He had a child in his arms, and another following closely behind him. Julian s

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Aww! That's so cool! :D

I don't think I read this at the old FanFic forum!

That's so cute!

Evilness Bruck! :(

God bless!

-Malz

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Noooo Obi Wan! It's nice to see an early connection between Obi Wan and Qui Gon and thank gods the healers didn't believe Bruck grrrr.
    Anyway great little story and I hope you continue!!

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    That was so mean, Bruck!! My poor Obi!! *huggles Obi* That was nicely written, and the end was just... [face_love] Great little viggy. I loved it! :D

5. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Malz4JESUS~ It was very busy at the old pages... so it's no wonder you missed it... but this little fic was nominated for best before the saga... :D God Bless you also!

Hananiah~ Bruck is such a lovely, outgoing little boy isn't he... [face_devil]

Jess~ :::slaps Jess' hands away::: I believe on my thread that Obi is MINE! You can stare at him, but no touchies!! ;) I'm glad you liked it... the ending is my fav. part too!

6. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Heh, watch it, Nikita, that was my Padawan you just slapped away from Obi. I may have to get Masterly protective. ;) j/k Anyways, this is such a cuuuuuttteeee story! Nasty Bruck *quickly slaps the back of Bruck's head*, sweet Obi, and such a Masterly Qui Qui. Loved how Mace was, have rarely seen him portrayed like that, its nice. :) Oh and one last thing, *huggles Xan.* Shoot me, Xan fan girl. ;) Excellent story! :D

7. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Neon~ Maybe you should teach your Padawan to keep her hands to herself... or at least send her over to the fortress to get her own Obi clone... ;) I have to say between you and obi_ew I'm so full of Xan ideas that I'll never run out... you guys have made me like him... alot!!!!

One up before I go to bed!

8. PadawanAmellia

PadawanAmellia Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    [face_love]

AWWWW That was so sweet.

I loved the Qui and Obi interaction.

Bruck :mad: What a meany!

9. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    PadawanAmellia~ I love it when Obi and Qui are together too! Eh, I guess Bruck's not your favorite person either?? hehe

10. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

I hope there is more to this story I read it again and wow so yeah back to the point plz post again soon!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A very sweet vignette Nikita!!

12. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Kicks Bruck into a goal*

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

:D

Good Job! :)

13. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Hananiah~ Sorry babes, there is no more. It's a one poster... but I have other stories! Check on my profile!

Leona~Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it!

Renton~ lol... thanks! It means a lot that you read and liked it! :)

To everyone who liked this... it's been nominated for Readers? Choice Before the Saga Completed Story.

I couldn't have gotten this far without the people who've read and posted... so if you would like to take the time out to vote for this lil story the link is...

The Winter Fan FIction Awards - Voting Thread

Read the rules and then vote for all the catagories!!!

Thanks again everyone!

~*Nikita*~

14. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Ohhh... yes, yes!! *squeals* Everyone vote at the awards!!

That besides, nice story Nikita! :D Poor Obi :(

_PSK_

15. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    yes, everyone go vote, esp. for this story!!! I will!

And to think she didnt even know the offical nominations thread was up.....

::Windstar Out::

16. Lady-Sith_Rebel

Lady-Sith_Rebel Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2003
    loved it! very sweet :) as for bruck...the dirty little liar :mad: you'd think he'd know better than to lie to a jedi master -- especially mace [face_plain]

great job so far Nikita :D

17. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Padme~ Eh don't feel bad for Obi, I think he's used to it... hehe

Bri~ I knew... I... I just played dumb!

Lady-Sith~Thanks! Hey now, maybe Bruck has some redeamable qualities?? And yes He should have known not to lie, but kids will be kids!

18. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Plz post more I want Bruck to get into major trouble for what he did. Mean little brat.

19. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Sorry Hananiah, there's no more to this one... but I do have other stories out there... and I will consider your wanting of more and might turn it into a sequel?? Maybe? Would that be okay?

20. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    Did I hear sequal? Did I, Did I? Hope so this was just too cute! Pleading with big puppy dog eyes!!!!!!

21. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    that nearly got me wanting to hug obi!! haha good work on the story.

22. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Sorry Guys! I didn't see your messages! I don't know why!

jeanieofnv~ When I get this first semester done here at school, I'm gonna start that sequel deal hopefully...

kimbilili-k-s~ Hugging Obi is always a verrrry good thing!

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Very good story.

24. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Super cute!! Loved the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. But Obi-Wan needs comforting! *looks around at the other Obi fans in the thread* I suppose that therea re many already willing to do that, though! :D

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was cute. Great setup with the boys fighting and Bruck letting go on his anger and hurting Obi-Wan so much. And then the sweet moment between Obi and Qui-Gon.

Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.