main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Sticky Topics Threads...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Just noted that all the 3 sticky topics up top are all locked. So even if people wanted to "check in" they can't. lol We may wanna fix that soon...[face_whistling] Also, do we have any progress on that calander? With infinite edits now, modding the calender would be so much easier...

That is... if the sticky topics aren't locked. :oops:

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I thought the calendar was going to be offsite, such as the yahoogroups calendar or some sort of google calendar or something like that? Or is a thread in addition to that? There were so many ideas going around at the meeting that I started to get a little confused as to which ones were picked.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The idea was the have an Events Calander that would be stuck on top of our boards so people can have quick access to see what's coming next. :)

Or at least I thought that's what we were shooting for... transferring a modifiable calendar application tailored to our event schedule and link it up top in it's own sticky thread... something like that.

4. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    After a certain amount of time of no new posts they automatically lock. I've unlocked and upped them so posters can use them again. :)

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually I think something else happened. There were posts that were more recent but we ran into a spammer a couple weeks back and I think posts were altered because I recall a discrepancy with the names of the last poster before and after the spamming incident (yes, I remember that, my Sharingan working overtime...). When the last mod deleted the spammer's messages it may have inadvertently locked the threads too because I don't think we left it that idle for that long. So the system locked the threads but default thinking they were no activity.

Thanks Yvette!

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    ah wth! double posted?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.