Still a Work in Progress: Welcome to the Community Forum!

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz, May 27, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Often you'll get an alert if they edit the post, or everytime they get a like.
  2. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Looks like it's still only twice for the initial quote, then a repeat every time the post with the quote gets edited.
  3. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Go into alert preferences and unclick quotes... no more multiple alerts. Once the problem is fixed, you can go back and choose to get quote alerts.
    Ramza likes this.
  4. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    zerosleep will get right on it.
  5. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I understand and accept the Spoilers Polacy posted in this thread. Mods, excellent job. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to keeping the JC a fun place to visit for all.

[:D]
    :)
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I really like/appreciate how the Community forum has turned out.
  7. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    If you're happy, we're happy.
  8. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I do admit when I'm wrong... having all the forums filtered into one place is a plus. Makes things interesting & more unique (from what we've been accustomed to).
  9. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I need to sit down.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  11. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    You're not bitching, and have a generally positive outlook and disposition. :p
  12. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i would like to take credit for suggesting we merge the forums, thus completely turning tunick's life around.
    harpuah likes this.
  13. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I think the Mayans were right.... :p
    Juliet316 likes this.
  14. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    This seems totally reasonable and useful!! Although you guys totally fell down on the job when people were discussing the fall at Reichenbach in the second Sherlock Holmes movie a month before the Moffat episode aired. And once the season 3 Sherlock episode titles are released you're going to have to remind people that they can't talk about those Sherlock stories anymore! And how does this affect things like Dexter which are so utterly different to the TV series that you can't even use terms like "the relevant episode"?

Couldn't you just make an ASOIAF specific rule instead of a weird and unnecessary blanket rule that affects a whole bunch of other stuff in unintended ways?
    Last edited by AaylaSecurOWNED, Oct 4, 2012
    Darth Guy likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    There is already an ASOIAF specific rule and has been for two years. This blanket policy has nothing to do with it in the slightest.
  16. tom Chosen One

star 6
    are there any other cases where the part of the policy dani quoted actually applies?
  17. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
  18. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay yeah I actually am curious now what else the TV Series/Book rule was meant to apply to. How similar are True Blood and the Charlaine Harris novels? Does it apply to EU books set at the same time as Clone Wars? Do Haven and The Colorado Kid count? Revenge and The Count of Monte Cristo?

Is there like a wiki list of currently airing TV series based on books, because honestly ASOIAF/GoT is the only one I can think of that actually would be a concern for spoilers.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    All of our Masterpiece Theater fans are gonna be so disappointed by this...
  20. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    It looks like that specific rule appeared in the rule proposal without ever being discussed--it could be a holdover from some other forum that was merged into Community; I don't know from whence it came. All I can tell you is that there's already a specific ASOIAF policy, and said policy was already mentioned in the group discussion as a special case. So I can't think of any other situations where it would apply either.
  21. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    We're re-writing the policy and closing the thread for the time being. Once the policy gets updated, the thread will be reopened for further feedback.
  22. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I agree that I like having the option to have all the Community threads in one place. I've found myself involved in way more Amph threads than I otherwise would've been had the forums be separated as they had been in the old forums. That said, I do like that you can click on a forum and only see a specific forum if you want to.
  23. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Well, "Amph" threads like those for Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones were originally JCC threads. It was decided that all media would be under the Amph label. It seems just like a mostly pointless legacy thing to me. Eh.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Oct 8, 2012
  24. JediPrincessKas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Holy crap, the JC is still here. This makes me feel old.
  25. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9