main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Still Alive in the NJO.............

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    According to Alien Anthologies, New Republic and Ssi-Ruuk forces still constantly skirmish. Yet I thought the chiss wiped em all out? Yes Genghis and all you non belivers, it is confirmed chiss. Anyway, I wonder how many Ssi-Ruuk are left.

And what about my friends the Hoojibs? c'mon that energy draining ability would do awsome against the vong!

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I like your enthusiasm, 'Dude, but, unfortunately these characters seem to be in EU limbo, most probably never to return...

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The Chiss never wiped out all of the Ssi-Ruk. The two merely fought a devastating war, but not one which destroyed either side. By the time of NJO, the Ssi-Ruk could be a powerhouse again, and the Chiss the also-rans. ?[face_plain]

4. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah and thats exactly why Im posting this, as a reminder, hey you may be in the limbo, but until you fall your still in it.

Wow, that was pretty lame.

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I knew youd say that! Yet in Gamer 5 it says the chiss fight a war till their enemy is uterly destroyed.

6. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    maybe that's why we don't see too many chiss. The Ssi-Ruk took revenge ...

7. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Is that mentioned in a Gamer #5 story or article?

8. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Article, or it might of been in Alien Anthologies.

9. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    I'm not in total agreement with the Chiss article in SWG # 5.

I think Juan Schwartz piece left vague the distinction between the Chiss (Proper) and Syndic Mitth'raw'nuruodo's Household Phalanx WHICH I VIEW & TREAT AS TWO DISTINCT entities with very different belief systems.

Whenever I read "Chiss" in ANY Wizards of the Coast product, I have to take into consideration the "context" - meaning, whether we'll dealing with the "Chiss" (culture as a whole) or the Chiss/Human/Alien Phalanx serving Thrawn's ideals through the Syndic Mitth'raw'nuruodo Household Phalanx. Note, the former is AGAINST pre-emptive strikes, while the latter is NOT.

I highly doubt that the "Chiss" (Proper) went after the Ssi-ruuk. However, Syndic Mitth'raw'nuruodo's Household Phalanx is another matter . . .

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Well I still belive the Nurundoo House(military based on Csilla) is the coprate. Really, if the Ssi-Ruuk attacked there coloney they'ed retaliate.

11. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "And what about my friends the Hoojibs? c'mon that energy draining ability would do awsome against the vong!"

As it says in the Alien Anthology. :D I doubt we'll see them, or the Ssi-Ruuvi in the NJO though. The rest of their existance seems to be limited to sorce material. Which is cool for me, cause I dig that kinda stuff.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually chiss proper couldn't have gone after the ssi ruuvi, because according to the article they do not have any technology to negotiate hyperspace, and couldn't leave there section of space because of that.

Chissdude were did it confirm that the chiss destroyed the ssi ruuk?

If your referring to the essential chronology, it was only said to be a possible theory they had, but not 100% certain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.