main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Still Be There" (J/J, K/J, angst, post-NJO) Finished! Last Chapter 09 Sep 12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Nat nodded. "Fissie dieded."
    I couldn't help smiling at that...

Big, fat tears rolled down Nat's cheeks, and then she burst into equally large, gulping sobs. "No! No no no no no nononononono! Daddeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    Oh, God, my heart just broke. :(

*helps herself to tissues*

[face_Cry] :_|

2. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    *sob* *sob*

It's all so sad! How can you do this to us Dana? I like it so much even though it is so sad.

It is really touching to me because I reently had a somewhat similar experience.

:)Anyway, on a happier note, post more soon!:)

3. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *brings in some more boxes of tissues* after reading last night I knew that these were gonna be needed. *puts boxes on table*

Wow, that was sad Dana. Poor Jaina telling Nat that her father wasn't coming home probably is going to be the hardest thing she'll ever have to do. While I don't like Jag I still feel bad that he's dead cause Jaina obviously loved him in these posts. But Jag must have known what he was getting into from the start. Very sad.

Fireyforce

4. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    omigosh

this is so sad.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Daughterofflame - *steals tissue for Dana* Mine!

:p

*wails* This is too sad!

I know. :( Made me cry when I wrote Nat's reaction.

Killik_Twilight - NOOO!!!! YOU KILLED JAG!!! I CAN"T STANDS THIS!!!! WAAAH!!! *grabs a tissue*

Why, yes, I did kill Jag . . .

Excellent 'fic, but you killed Jag!

Thanks.

princess_melissa - Oh my word Dana that was so sad.
    Poor Jaina.
    Poor Natalie.
    If you keep this up I'm going to need more tissues.

There are more tissues available.

More soon please

I'll see what I can do.

Smuggler_Shidakis - I couldn't help smiling at that...

Kids are funny.

Oh, God, my heart just broke. sad
    *helps herself to tissues*
    [face_Cry] cry

I know. :( That part was actually really difficult to write.

RevaDurron - *sob* *sob*
    It's all so sad! How can you do this to us Dana? I like it so much even though it is so sad.

I know .. . First "Fall In Time", now this. I need to write something *happy*. And very mushy.

It is really touching to me because I reently had a somewhat similar experience.

Oh? What happened?

happy Anyway, on a happier note, post more soon!:)

Hopefully, I'll have more soon.

Fireyforce - *brings in some more boxes of tissues* after reading last night I knew that these were gonna be needed. *puts boxes on table*

Just to warn you guys, there's one more really sad part, and then it'll pick up a bit.

Wow, that was sad Dana. Poor Jaina telling Nat that her father wasn't coming home probably is going to be the hardest thing she'll ever have to do. While I don't like Jag I still feel bad that he's dead cause Jaina obviously loved him in these posts. But Jag must have known what he was getting into from the start. Very sad.

:( We'll find out more about that in the next chapter.

jasa - omigosh
    this is so sad.

I know. :(

Dana

6. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :_| :_|

:_|

**sniff**

Oh, Nattie!! Jaina!!

**sniff**

Even Kyp in his silly braids!!

**tosses another tissue**

**thinks about Nattie**

:_| :_|

**forms puddle on floor**

oldj

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Nat nodded. "Fissie dieded."

Aww, cute. She named her fish fissie. That was a good way to tell her what happenened. Very sad. Great job.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    How how how did I KNOW Jag was done for? Stop getting inspirations from my crappy brain! Of course, this isn't crappy, but it makes me want to bawl rather loudly. Natale is exactly the reason why I didn't have kids for J/J when he died--it would be so hard to explain something to a child... Wow.

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    oldjedinurse - cry cry cry **sniff**
    Oh, Nattie!! Jaina!!
    **sniff**

:(

Even Kyp in his silly braids!!

:p

**tosses another tissue**
    **thinks about Nattie**
    cry cry
    **forms puddle on floor**

I take it that it was sad, huh?

FelsGoddess - Aww, cute. She named her fish fissie. That was a good way to tell her what happenened. Very sad. Great job.

Yeah, saved her having to explain what dying was. :p

DarthIshtar - How how how did I KNOW Jag was done for? Stop getting inspirations from my crappy brain! Of course, this isn't crappy, but it makes me want to bawl rather loudly. Natale is exactly the reason why I didn't have kids for J/J when he died--it would be so hard to explain something to a child... Wow.

LOL, this wasn't inspired by "All Too Soon". But there are certainly similarities, aren't there? But Jaina isn't pregnant. :p

Dana

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Oh wow, Dana.

You married Jaina to Jag. You had them have a kid toghether (with Kyp being "alright" with it no less) and then you killed the SOB?!

I can't help but laugh at this, and yet... the poor kid! *sighs*

Soo, sooo sad...

I'm honestly enjoying this very much. Nicely done!

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Jade_Max - Oh wow, Dana.
    You married Jaina to Jag. You had them have a kid toghether (with Kyp being "alright" with it no less) and then you killed the SOB?!

LOL. Hey, no calling Jag an SOB. :p Characters are people, too.

I can't help but laugh at this, and yet... the poor kid! *sighs*
    Soo, sooo sad...

I know. :( And the next chapter's worse. :p

I'm honestly enjoying this very much. Nicely done!

Thank you. :)

Dana

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    *lines up boxes of tissues*

*flips on "Tissue Alert" sign*

[b]--Chapter Three-[/b]

[i]It's alright
    Why don't you tell me my friend
    How you'll be with me
    When the heartache ends

-- Rob Thomas, "When The Heartache Ends"[/i]

Jaina and her parents met Soontir and Syal Fel at the landing platform nearest the med centre. Wynssa Fel was there, as well, the willowy young woman pale and withdrawn.

Syal wrapped Jaina in a tight embrace. "How are you?" she asked.

"I've been better," Jaina replied. "Thank you for coming."

"Where is Natale?" her mother-in-law asked.

"A friend is watching her. I didn't think she needed to be here for this. She's been really distraught since I told her."

Syal's smile was sad, her pale green eyes, the colour of Jag's, sparkling with unshed tears. "Poor child. She loved her father very much."

Jaina nodded.

Soontir was next. He wasn't, generally, an openly affectionate man, but he drew Jaina into a hug. He didn't say anything, just held her.

After a while, Jaina drew back and asked, "Where . . . Where is he? Can I see him?"

Soontir was visibly reluctant. "He's still on the ship, in a cryo-pod. I . . . don't think it would be wise, Jaina."

Jaina's mouth flattened into a thin line. "I don't care if it's wise or not. I need to see my husband."

Syal placed her hand on Soontir's arm. "Let her, 'Tir. I'd feel the same if it was you. Regardless of . . . circumstances."

Jaina paled, hearing this. "How bad is it?" she rasped.

Her father-in-law shook his head, then gestured to the ship. "Come on, then."

They had his cryo-pod in the hold. It was set to refrigerate but not freeze. Jaina drew the black cloth back and stared through the transparisteel at Jag's still features. He wore a crisp new uniform, hands folded across his chest. His wedding ring glinted in the light.

"We didn't know if you wanted the ring as part of his personal effects," Soontir said.

Jaina bit her lip, feeling the grief rising in her like a dark tide. She shoved it down, reluctant to break down in front of Jag's parents. She placed a hand on the cool transparisteel. She couldn't see any damage, other than that he was so inanimate.

"What happened?" she repeated.

Soontir moved to stand on the other side of his son's casket. He was silent for several moments, thinking over his words. "Jag was on a high-security mission to one of the planets bordering Chiss space. They wouldn't tell me the details of the mission, even though I'm the assistant syndic for the Nuruodo clan. What they *would* tell me was that Jag's clawcraft was shot down by enemy fire. It was two days before they found him. He was barely alive, and-"

He stopped to collect himself. "He died about an hour later."

Han came up beside his daughter and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"We have his things," Syal said quietly.

Jaina blinked away tears. "I'd like them. And . . . I'd like his ring to stay where it is. Where it should be."

----------

The bag of personal effects clutched in her hands, Jaina arrived back at the apartment she'd shared with Jag for five years. Kyp met her in the entryway.

"She's asleep," he said. "How'd it go?"

She gestured to the living area and they sat down. Kyp waited, asking no questions.

"The details are sketchy," she murmured. "Some top secret thing. All I know is, Jag was shot down, and he crashed . . . and they didn't find him for two days. He was still alive when they found him, Kyp. He was in that wreck for two days, in pain, before they found him. Two whole days. Why didn't they find him sooner? They could have saved him!"

Tears poured down her face. Kyp held out his arms, and Jaina rested her head against his shoulder.

"You don't know that," he murmured. "It could be that nothing could have saved him, Jay. And we probably won't know, ever, if they could have. You know what it's like. How many pilots did we lose during the war? We still haven't found some of the ones who went down on Borleias. It's been nine years and we haven't found them

13. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Wow. That was touching. I liked the part where she was remembering Jag holding Natale.

So far, I'm loving this. You've managed to make me feel sad for Jaina whe it was Jag she lost, and I'm not immediately clamoring for a K/J hookup.

Great job, Dana. :)

~*~Austyn

14. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, Awsome post

"Jaina . . . I love you. Tell Nattie that I love her. Jaina . . . take care of her. And . . . let Kyp take care of you. He loves you as much as I do. I don't want to say that, but I know it. I don't want you to be alone like I am. Sith, I hate saying that. Live, Jaina. Live for me."

Then, after a short silence, "I love you, Jaina. I always will. Remember that."

:_|that was the saddest part yet.

Keep up the good writing

15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Wow... powerful, Dana...

I loved Jag's last message, very realistic, and very heat-felt.

Unfortunately, I'm heatless and can't cry for Jag... though I get tears for Nat. Poor kid, losing her hero :(

C'est la vie, I suppose. Though... Kyp will pick up the pieces I think... call it a hunch with your title ;)

16. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Okay, so here I am, reading this - and I don't like anything with Jaina in it, so I couldn't care less about who she hooks up with and all that. Not sure why I clicked here.

But I'm really enjoying reading this. I daresay you're making her, and Jag and Kyp, grow on me - and that's quite an accomplishment. :)

You're an incredible writer; you've captured so much emotion and so much reality in this. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Keep up the outstanding work! :D

17. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *grabs a box of tissues*
    *blows nose loudly*

That was beautiful, Dana, sad and absolutely beautiful. Jag's last words were perfect, loving and poignant without being corny. Jaina's grief, Nat's reaction, Kyp's words, everything was very real and very well written.

=D=

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Daughterofflame - Wow. That was touching. I liked the part where she was remembering Jag holding Natale.

Thanks. :)

So far, I'm loving this. You've managed to make me feel sad for Jaina whe it was Jag she lost, and I'm not immediately clamoring for a K/J hookup.

I know . . . it's weird, but same here.

Great job, Dana. happy

Thank you. :)

princess_melissa - Wow, Awsome post

Thanks.

cry that was the saddest part yet.

I thought the saddest part would be where she was going on about how he'd lived for two days after crashing . . .

Keep up the good writing

Thanks. :)

Jade_Max - Wow... powerful, Dana...

:) Thank you.

I loved Jag's last message, very realistic, and very heat-felt.

I hate corny speeches, so I tried to think, knowing Jag and how he's probably changed in the seven years since the end of the NJO, especially since marrying Jaina, and what he'd have to say to her in what he knew were his last hours.

Unfortunately, I'm heatless and can't cry for Jag... though I get tears for Nat. Poor kid, losing her hero sad

Yeah, I don't get teary for Jag, but for Jaina and Nat.

C'est la vie, I suppose. Though... Kyp will pick up the pieces I think... call it a hunch with your title wink

LOL! Well, it wouldn't say "K/J" if there wasn't gonna be any. ;)

talkingbanana - Okay, so here I am, reading this - and I don't like anything with Jaina in it, so I couldn't care less about who she hooks up with and all that. Not sure why I clicked here.

Well, thanks for reading anyway. ;)

But I'm really enjoying reading this. I daresay you're making her, and Jag and Kyp, grow on me - and that's quite an accomplishment. happy

Thank you. :)I've worked diligently to not make this a "Yay, Jag's dead, let's hook up Kyp and Jaina!" story. :p

You're an incredible writer; you've captured so much emotion and so much reality in this. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Thank you very much. :)

Keep up the outstanding work! grin

Heh, I'll try.

Smuggler_Shidakis - *grabs a box of tissues*
    *blows nose loudly*
    That was beautiful, Dana, sad and absolutely beautiful. Jag's last words were perfect, loving and poignant without being corny. Jaina's grief, Nat's reaction, Kyp's words, everything was very real and very well written.

Well, I didn't want it to be corny. I sat for a long while, thinking about what a dying man, who knows he's dying, would want to impart to his wife at that time. I think the most important thing to Jag is that she's happy. Just like it is to Kyp, concerning her.

And I've had a lot of experience with two-year-olds, so I know how they get when they're tired and upset, and all cried out. ;)

Kyp's in the sticky position between wanting to be Jaina's protector the way he wants to be, and the way he interprets what Jag asked him to do. Basically, trying to say "I'm here for you" in a non-romantic way, without saying "I'm not interested". :p

applause

*bows* Thanks. :p

Dana

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :_| :_| thats so sad :( Poor Jaina poor Natalie poor Jag :(

(Kyp/Jaina hookup?)

more?

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    They say every man dies, but not every man really lives. I think, with you, that I've really lived."

:_| Great job!

21. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    :_| Kyp shoved his hands in the pockets of the long coat he wore and looked down at the grave. He cleared his throat. "Well . . . if you ever need to fall apart, let me know and I'll pick up the pieces." that was soooooo sweet. *takes tissues* This is soooo sad!!!!

Fireyforce

22. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003

I don't think it'll be long now. I wish you were with me now. I don't want to be alone.

Hate Jag / Love Jag - No one should die alone like that.

**cried out**

Excellent writing, as usual.

oldj

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    *SNIFFSNIFFSNIFF* That's not exaggeration. I really am getting choked up at the way you write J/J. It's beautiful, even if it's slightly out of the norm for you. That message ripped my heart out and stomped around in soccer cleats on it for a while.

24. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    poor jag

lying there knowing he will die

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    And for 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!