main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Still Be There" (J/J, K/J, angst, post-NJO) Finished! Last Chapter 09 Sep 12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, here's a new addict.

This is really fascinating. I'm enjoying it, even if it is totally different than what you usually write. Everything feels very natural.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    oldjedinurse - Convert me? CONVERT .. ME??? To KYP???? not_talking
    I think not! Not even in your hour of triumph!!

Hey, if Troy Denning can change his tune . . . ;)

I suppose I can never say never, but... talk_hand
    maybe you can just go with me not hating him anymore.

We'll see . . .

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - Well, here's a new addict.

Hey, long time no see!

This is really fascinating. I'm enjoying it, even if it is totally different than what you usually write. Everything feels very natural.

Thanks. :)

Not too soon. :) I'm hoping to have an update tonight.

Dana

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I know, I know, this is several days late. Took me ages to figure out where to take the story.

[b]--Chapter Five--[/b]

[i]But it's alright
    Why don't you tell me again
    How you'll still be there
    When the heartache ends

-- Rob Thomas, "When The Heartache Ends"[/i]

A quiet trilling woke Kyp sometime in the middle of the night. He sat up, blinking groggily in the dark bedroom, until he recognised the sound as his commlink, sitting on the nightstand. He, too, had moved to Ossus. It had just seemed easier in the long run.

"Durron," he rasped.

"Kyp?"

The sound of Jaina's voice brought him fully awake. "What's wrong?"

"I hate to comm you in the middle of the night like this, but could you come over?"

Without even asking why, he said, "Sure. Be there in a few."

----------

Jaina opened the door to Kyp's quiet knock. She was dressed in a robe much to large for her, which meant it had been Jag's. She didn't look like she'd been to bed, though she was dressed for it. She also didn't look like there was any dire emergency, which was what he'd been expecting during the walk from his building to hers. He'd been thinking something had happened to Nat.

"Come in," she said.

He stepped in and was surprised to find Jacen Solo in the living room. He looked at Jaina curiously, wondering why she'd summoned him if her twin was here.

"Jacen just heard from Tenel Ka," she said quietly. "She's getting married next week."

Kyp blinked. "And not to Jacen?" He was incredulous. He'd thought for sure that was a sure thing. Granted, Jacen had never got off his butt to ask Tenel Ka . . .

She shook her head.

"Okaaaay . . . What can I do?"

Jaina glanced at Jacen, who had a hand to his forehead and a glass of Corellian whiskey in his other hand. "Well . . . we had an idea . . ."

----------

They told their family that Jaina was taking Natale to Csilla to visit her grandparents, and that in light of the news from Tenel Ka, Jacen was goig with. They didn't bother trying to explain Kyp's presence. The way Nat clung to him was reason enough.

Jaina's ship, [i]Trickster[/i], was sleek, of Chiss design, with enough decidedly Corellian accents to indicate just how much Jaina had worked on it during her recovery after Jag's death. Like her father, she tinkered when she was upset. It had been the Fel family ship, given to Jag as a wedding present from his father, and sole possession had reverted to Jaina, who had renamed it from the unpronouncable Chiss title Jag had given it. There was plenty of room on-board, though everyone had their own cabin. Jag had wanted several children.

They landed on Hapes, in full view, and Jacen stayed on board. Kyp and Jaina went to see Tenel Ka. They took Nat with them, partially to divert any suspicion that might come up later, and partially because Nat wouldn't let "Kyppie" go anywhere without her.

"I think I can tolerate 'Kyppie'," he murmured to Jaina as they watched Natale skip along the path ahead of them. "It's 'Unckie' I hated."

"I could tell. You went kind of purple every time she called you that." Jaina grinned.

"You used to call me Kyppie," he said.

"I know. Who do you think introducied her to it?"

Tenel Ka was happy to see Jaina. At least, as happy as she'd let herself appear. They'd only seen each other once since Jag's funeral, when Tenel Ka had come with a delegation from Hapes, formally to recognise the man who'd helped save Hapes from the invading Yuuzhan Vong nine years before. Of course, Tenel Ka was really only there to support her long-time friend in her hour of need.

"We're on our way to Csilla," Jaina said. "But we heard the news, so we decided to make a short detour. Unfortunately, we can't stay for the wedding."

"I am glad you have come," the Queen Mother said. Her tone went flat and emotionless suddenly, though only those who knew her well could tell. She wasn't a very demonstrative person.

Jaina frowned. "Is everything alright?"

Tenel Ka looked at jaina for a moment, then said, "Let us go into the garden. Perha

4. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Nice Dana! :)

This last part was really cute.

I just love it when people hear things that they were not meant to hear. It can be both good and bad.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    He grinned. "Of course I'm right. I'm always right."

Then, "Ow! No hitting!"

LOL!

I smacked my forehead at the realization that we had another Wolvertonian kidnapping on our hands, but that was funny. Makes you wonder if Chewie had anything to do with the kidnapping in COPL.

6. maryaminx

maryaminx Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Ow! No hitting!

That was priceless!

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    RevaDurron - Nice Dana! happy
    This last part was really cute.

Thanks. :) I wanted to get back to the playful banter stuff. :D

I just love it when people hear things that they were not meant to hear. It can be both good and bad.

?[face_plain] Huh?

DarthIshtar - He grinned. "Of course I'm right. I'm always right."
    Then, "Ow! No hitting!"
    LOL!

That was inspired by Saberblade. :p

I smacked my forehead at the realization that we had another Wolvertonian kidnapping on our hands, but that was funny. Makes you wonder if Chewie had anything to do with the kidnapping in COPL.

Very good question, lol.

maryaminx - Ow! No hitting!
    That was priceless!

Thanks. :D

Coming up: Natale and the Ewoks. :p

Dana

8. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    HEHE! Yay! J/TK-ness is great. :D And I'm liking the lead in with Kyp and Jaina. Endor, huh? Perfect. Such a romantic planet. :D

~*~ Austyn

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Daughterofflame - HEHE! Yay! J/TK-ness is great. grin And I'm liking the lead in with Kyp and Jaina. Endor, huh? Perfect. Such a romantic planet. grin

It is, isn't it? [face_thinking]

Dana

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I laughed at it, because I've done that before.

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    For one thing, Jacen and I are officially members of a tribe of Ewoks there. So they'll protect us if we need it." I can just picture a bunch of Ewoks standing up to Hapens. [face_laugh]

Great post.

12. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *Bursts into hysterics*

They kidnapped Tenel Ka.... [face_laugh]

Jaina was reading to Nat while she waited for the men to return. "So he walked, and he walked . . ."
    The Little Lost Bantha Cub! [face_love]

Of course, it wasn't going to be so pleasant when the Queen Mother woke up in one of the cabins aboard the Trickster and discovered she'd been kidnapped.
    LOL!! *dies laughing*

For one thing, Jacen and I are officially members of a tribe of Ewoks there.
    *sniggers*

Then, "Ow! No hitting!"
    LOL!

Priceless, Dana. Priceless.

13. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm trying to catch up on all the stories I've missed while I was gone and this is definitely one I'm going to follow! :) There's too many quotes to pull up but this is fantastic... love, tragedy, sorrow, indecision, friendship... and awww, it's just sooo good! The emotions are very realisitic and well written. You've managed to really capture the healing process and not rush it at all! Something that seems to be rushed all too often. Can't wait for the next post!

~Goddess Jaina~

14. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Dana -

I love the twist on the Solo family prediliction for kidnappings. This was an unexpected series of twists, in fact.

Great job!

oldj

15. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    I likes it. It's a good thing that Jaina's moving on, even though it hurts. Jag had even said that he wanted her to do so. J/TK goodness!!! *jumps aroound thread* excellent. more soone?

Fireyforce

16. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Kidnapping Tenal Ka...wow...she'll be mad! The way you write Jaina as she heals is so moving. I've never lost anyone like that, but I know people who have and you definately know how to write the grieving process realistically.

~Lurker

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    All I can say Dana is that you've got a real gift.

*chuckle* what am I saying, thia was bloody brilliant!

I loved it, and adding Jacen and Tenel Ka to the mix with Nattie?! This is going to be good!

I'm eagerly waiting for more

18. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    LOVED the postie!!!

Then, "Ow! No hitting!" Priceless!!! :D

More Dana! More!

19. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Love the last part, It was so cute. and J/TK is going to be funny.

can't wait for more.

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Just want to let you know that I am reading this and enjoying. I too think it's wonderfully written. You are truly gifted.

Even though I'll cry when you put K/J together (that's just me) I'll keep coming back because your characterization of everyone is so on target.

Plus you threw in J/TK. :)

21. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    J/TK..... *melt* Thank You!

Yes Jaina, think about re-marriage, think about your best friend, think about the obvious father figure that your child clings to, Think woman!!

Patiently waiting for more!

22. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    To quote someone's sig...

I'm amused. I'm constantly amused.

(Is that SaberBlade? Or Denevon? I can never remember)

Anyways, this has the potential for hilarity. Kyp and Jaina, plus Jaina's toddler daughter, on an Ewok-infested moon with in-denial Jacen and Tenel Ka? Someone save us! :p

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    DarthIshtar - I laughed at it, because I've done that before.

Done what, exactly? Gotten hit for saying "Of course I'm right. I'm always right."? :p

FelsGoddess - I can just picture a bunch of Ewoks standing up to Hapens. laugh

Don't know if it'll come to that . . .

Great post.

Smuggler_Shidakis - *Bursts into hysterics*
    They kidnapped Tenel Ka.... laugh

Yup. :D

Jaina was reading to Nat while she waited for the men to return. "So he walked, and he walked . . ."
    The Little Lost Bantha Cub! love

I so want that as a children's book! Maybe i"ll pester Kevin about it . . .

Of course, it wasn't going to be so pleasant when the Queen Mother woke up in one of the cabins aboard the Trickster and discovered she'd been kidnapped.
    LOL!! *dies laughing*

I purposely skipped that scene 'cause I wanted everyone to come up with their own mental image. :p

For one thing, Jacen and I are officially members of a tribe of Ewoks there.
    *sniggers*

Sadly, Janson isn't in this.

Then, "Ow! No hitting!"
    LOL!

Blame Saberblade. :p

Priceless, Dana. Priceless.

Thank you. :)

GoddessJainaSoloFel - I'm trying to catch up on all the stories I've missed while I was gone and this is definitely one I'm going to follow! happy There's too many quotes to pull up but this is fantastic... love, tragedy, sorrow, indecision, friendship... and awww, it's just sooo good! The emotions are very realisitic and well written. You've managed to really capture the healing process and not rush it at all! Something that seems to be rushed all too often. Can't wait for the next post!

I'm very familiar with Jaina's grieving process 'cause I've read "Dark Journey" about eight or nine times, and the NJO books after that at least twice (except for the Force heretic trilogy; I barely got through those once). So, Jaina started pushing people away, like she's prone to do, until she got that message from Jag, so keeping people close is helping her.

oldjedinurse - Dana -
    I love the twist on the Solo family prediliction for kidnappings. This was an unexpected series of twists, in fact.
    Great job!

Fireyforce - I likes it. It's a good thing that Jaina's moving on, even though it hurts. Jag had even said that he wanted her to do so. J/TK goodness!!! *jumps aroound thread* excellent. more soone?

Thanks. Hopefully, soon. :)

lurker2209 - Kidnapping Tenal Ka...wow...she'll be mad! The way you write Jaina as she heals is so moving. I've never lost anyone like that, but I know people who have and you definately know how to write the grieving process realistically.

I've lost a few older relatives, but I wasn't especially close to them. Closest I've come is losing a few cherished cats, one of whom my mother had had before I was born; she died when I was 15.

Jade_Max - All I can say Dana is that you've got a real gift.
    *chuckle* what am I saying, thia was bloody brilliant!

LOL, thanks.

I loved it, and adding Jacen and Tenel Ka to the mix with Nattie?! This is going to be good!

Oh, yes. :D At least, I hope so.

I'm eagerly waiting for more

Me, too. ;)

C3SoloP0 - LOVED the postie!!!
    Then, "Ow! No hitting!" Priceless!!! grin

Thanks. :D

More Dana! More!

I'll try. :)

princess_melissa - Love the last part, It was so cute. and J/TK is going to be funny.
    can't wait for more.

Thank you. :)

Lola64 - Just want to let you know that I am reading this and enjoying. I too think it's wonderfully written. You are truly gifted.

Thank very much. :)

Even though I'll cry when you put K/J together (that's just me) I'll keep coming back because your characterization of everyone is so on target.

Well, try not to do it too loudly. ;)

Plus you threw in J/TK. happy

I can't write Jacen or Tenel Ka very well, but I still '

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Naw, done the hitting. It was Steve, who is now married to my best friend Jess. This was at the same time that we decided "Strangulation is a sign of affection." Don't worry, we weren't affectionate with him.

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    oh boy I can just see this going well now, they kidnapped the Queen Mother thats not good at all, I wonder how Isolder will react [face_mischief]

Leia and Han comes to mind in COPL

history repeats :p

more soon