main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Still Be There" (J/J, K/J, angst, post-NJO) Finished! Last Chapter 09 Sep 12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Apr 21, 2005.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    If I were Isolder, I'd be cursing the day that he ever heard the name "Solo." Two generations of delusions of grandeur, eh?

2. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Beautifully written! =D=

I'm going to give you a huge compliment... if I didn't know who you shipped, I certainly wouldn't be able to figure it out from this story! You've written all the characters wonderfully. Bravo! =D=

I especially loved Tenel Ka's kidnapping! [face_laugh] Something to finally make her show her temper. LOL I think I agree that Isolder is going to start wishing he had never heard of the Solo's. [face_laugh]

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I know I said I was discontinuing my stories, but . . . I changed my mind. ROTS made all my bunnies go, "WRITE ME!!!" so I'm obeying.

DarthIshtar - Naw, done the hitting. It was Steve, who is now married to my best friend Jess. This was at the same time that we decided "Strangulation is a sign of affection." Don't worry, we weren't affectionate with him.

LOL!

JediFalcon - oh boy I can just see this going well now, they kidnapped the Queen Mother thats not good at all, I wonder how Isolder will react mischief

Hmmm, good question.

Leia and Han comes to mind in COPL
    history repeats tongue

Yup. Exactly.

more soon

Okay. :)

DarthIshtar - If I were Isolder, I'd be cursing the day that he ever heard the name "Solo." Two generations of delusions of grandeur, eh?

Well, depends. Isolder might want what's best for his daughter. ;)

TahiriSoloFan - Beautifully written! applause

Thank you.

I'm going to give you a huge compliment... if I didn't know who you shipped, I certainly wouldn't be able to figure it out from this story! You've written all the characters wonderfully. Bravo! applause

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I especially loved Tenel Ka's kidnapping! laugh Something to finally make her show her temper. LOL I think I agree that Isolder is going to start wishing he had never heard of the Solo's. laugh

Maybe. ;)

Dana

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Sorry this one's so short.

[b]--Chapter Six-[/b]

[i]It's alright
    Why don't you tell me my friend
    How you'll still be there
    When the heartache ends

-- Rob Thomas, "When The Heartache Ends"[/i]

"This place looks exactly as I remember," Kyp said as they gathered around the foot of the ramp.

Nat was looking at a plant when he said this, but Jaina, Jacen, and Tenel Ka all looked at him, a bit suprised.

"When were you here?" Jaina asked. "You didn't tell me that."

Kyp turned his gaze from the forest and looked at his companion, and then flushed as he realised what he'd said. "Uh . . . It was a while ago."

"Define 'a while'," she prodded. "There's gotta be an interesting story if it's made you blush [i]that[/i] badly. Come here on a romantic getaway with a girlfriend?"

He turned away and muttered something.

"I didn't catch that," Jaina said.

Kyp sighed. "I was here twenty-seven years ago. After I fled the academy, I came here to visit your grandfather's gravesite, and then I went back to the academy and stole the Sun Crusher."

Birds chirped somewhere in the distance. Nat picked a few flowers and headed back to her mother to show her. Jaina said, "Oh."

She looked down at her daughter, who was tugging on her hand. "What is it, sweetheart?"

The little girl was pointing behind the group. Jaina felt a prickle run up her spine, and turned.

A group of Ewoks, about twenty of them, stood gathered behind them. Most had spears. A handful had small, Imperial-issue blasters.

"Those blasters have got to be at least thirty years old," Kyp murmured.

"Yeah, well, I don't want to find out if their battery packs are still charged." Jaina glanced towards the ship. "Threepio! Hurry and get your golden butt out here!"

The protocol droid appeared at the top of the ramp and tottered down to their level. All of the Ewoks took a step back. The lead Ewok jabbered something.

"Oh, my," Threepio said. He said something back, and the Ewok nodded, chittering.

"What'd he say?" Jacen asked.

"He greets us. Apparently, their chieftain saw our arrival, and sent them to find out if we were the humans who came before, and that my presence confirms it."

Jaina shrugged. "Tell him that Jacen and I are the children of Han and Leia."

Threepio did as instructed, and the head Ewok motioned for the group to follow him.

"That was pretty easy," Kyp murmured. He picked up Nat and put her on his shoulders.

"Almost too easy," Jaina agreed.

Tenel Ka remained silent, but at least she'd stopped glaring at them.

----------

Late that evening, Kyp left the tree-house he and Jacen were staying in and found Jaina outside on one of the walkways, leaning on the railing. Her hair was down, nearly to her waist, and she'd dressed in a faded garment that was pieced together.

"Your mother's dress," he said.

She glanced over. "How'd you know?"

"Han's mentioned it a few times." Kyp leaned on the railing. "What are you thinking about?"

"Family," she said. "Been thinking a lot, lately, about things. With Jacen and Tenel Ka. She wants to marry him, she loves him, and she wanted out, but her pride won't let her be happy that he rescued her. And I think about how she has what she wants right in front of her, and is too stubborn to reach for it . . . and what I had was taken from me."

Jaina rubbed her forehead. "I miss him. The ache is fading, I don't wake up nearly screaming at night anymore. But I miss him."

Kyp glanced sideways at her, but didn't comment.

She straightened. "It was here that Mom first found out that Vader was her father, Uncle Luke her brother. And my grandfather died in orbit here."

He nodded, wondering where this was going.

"Recently, my mother found out some things. That her parents were married in secret because the Jedi didn't allow attachments. I have family on Naboo, where my grandmother was from. We don't know much more than that, because everyone except Mom and Uncle Luke's cousins, Ryoo and Pooja, are dead."

She sighed, turning her gaze up to the sta

5. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Great Dana!

I really liked the part about not being kissed in a long time. Also, the confusion in the morning was a nice touch.

Post more soon. :)

6. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Great Post Dana

Kyp finally kissed Jaina. [face_love]

When their kidnapping plot was revealed, Leia merely rolled her eyes and said, "This is your fault, Han." I loved that part.

More soon Please!

7. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    =D=

I'm glad you've decided to continue this. :D

Kyp sighed. "I was here twenty-seven years ago. After I fled the academy, I came here to visit your grandfather's gravesite, and then I went back to the academy and stole the Sun Crusher."
    Wow. Cool. It'd be awesome if that was what happened in the JAT.

I liked the idea of Jaina in Leia's dress and them on the same walkway that Luke and Leia were on in ROTJ.

"Recently, my mother found out some things. That her parents were married in secret because the Jedi didn't allow attachments. I have family on Naboo, where my grandmother was from. We don't know much more than that, because everyone except Mom and Uncle Luke's cousins, Ryoo and Pooja, are dead."
    :) I love fics where they find the Naberries on Naboo. It's nice that they find the missing branch of their family.

He reached over and tucked her hair behind her ear. Jaina stopped breathing, recognising the unguarded expression on his face.

Kyp bent his head, brushed his lips across hers.

:eek:

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "I shouldn't have done that."

He left in a hurry, away from the direction of his accomodations, and into the darkness.

Turn your butt around and kiss her properly, Kyp Durron!

When their kidnapping plot was revealed, Leia merely rolled her eyes and said, "This is your fault, Han."
    [face_laugh] The Courtship of Queen Mother Tenel Ka...

8. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Oooh. Loved that post. You know, it disgusts me how well you write. (*glances at own new post, glaring*) :p

Seriously, though. I'm loving the dual plot, and the fact that Jaina's actually acting like a widow, and one who actually loved her husband at that. I hate it when characters are made fickle in the hurry to get them with the "right" person. Great job! I'm addicted once again. (*rolls eyes at self*)

I won't ask for more, since I know you're busy. (I'll just wait 'til you're online, and THEN hassle you. :p )

~*~Austyn

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting thing about Kyp coming to Endor. Maybe I missed that or you made it up, but I liked it. I love that Jaina was wearing that dress. I also liked her ruminations on family.

And by the way, it is YOUR fault that I've had both the song that gives this title and "This is how a heart breaks" stuck in my head all weekend! I love/hate you!

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    She sighed, turning her gaze up to the stars. "I can't imagine what it was like for Anakin Skywalker, to be alone all those years, disfigured, struggling, and then to find out that he has two children, that he never got to know because he made the wrong choice, turned to the Dark Side, and Obi-Wan hid his own children from him." AWWW. I love that part! Great post.

11. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    I know I said I was discontinuing my stories, but . . . I changed my mind. ROTS made all my bunnies go, "WRITE ME!!!" so I'm obeying.

Glad you changed your mind. And don't you just love that about RotS!

"You thinking about Nat, and Jag's parents?"

It's really great how you convey how well Kyp knows Jaina in that little question. Because that's a leap that's so obvious in retrospect, but hard to figure out that quickly.

Jaina's response to the kiss was another good characterization. Not wanting it, but liking it and almost wanting it to happen again. And of course Kyp feels guilty, which is very natural.

~Lurker

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    RevaDurron - Great Dana!

Thanks!

I really liked the part about not being kissed in a long time. Also, the confusion in the morning was a nice touch.

Thank you. :)

Post more soon. happy

I'll try. :)

princess_melissa - Great Post Dana

Thank you. :)

Kyp finally kissed Jaina. love

And not too soon, really.

When their kidnapping plot was revealed, Leia merely rolled her eyes and said, "This is your fault, Han." I loved that part.

Heh, thanks.

More soon Please!

Working on it. :)

Smuggler_Shidakis - applause
    I'm glad you've decided to continue this. grin

So am I, truthfully.

Wow. Cool. It'd be awesome if that was what happened in the JAT.

It did. Chapter 27 of "Dark Apprentice", starting on page 293.

I liked the idea of Jaina in Leia's dress and them on the same walkway that Luke and Leia were on in ROTJ.

Yeah. I had the image in my head and went with it.

happy I love fics where they find the Naberries on Naboo. It's nice that they find the missing branch of their family.

I need to write one about that . . . I included it a bit in "Aftershock", but I had it that Palpatine wiped out the Naboo.

shock

Why shocked?

Turn your butt around and kiss her properly, Kyp Durron!

LOL!

laugh The Courtship of Queen Mother Tenel Ka...

I wish I could get more into that, but it's kind of more about Kyp and Jaina than Jacen and Tenel Ka. *ponders writing a companion J/TK viggie*

Daughterofflame - [insert comment here] *runs away as mother comes stalking like a wolf, looking for fresh blood*

Huh?

DarthIshtar - Interesting thing about Kyp coming to Endor. Maybe I missed that or you made it up, but I liked it. I love that Jaina was wearing that dress. I also liked her ruminations on family.

Didn't make it up. As I said to Gine, it's in chapter 27 of "Dark Apprentice", page 293.

And by the way, it is YOUR fault that I've had both the song that gives this title and "This is how a heart breaks" stuck in my head all weekend! I love/hate you!

LOL! Buy the album already! :p

FelsGoddess - AWWW. I love that part! Great post.

Thanks. :)

lurker2209 - Glad you changed your mind. And don't you just love that about RotS!

I adore ROTS. It's almost tied with ROTJ as my favourite SW movie.

It's really great how you convey how well Kyp knows Jaina in that little question. Because that's a leap that's so obvious in retrospect, but hard to figure out that quickly.

Thanks. Kyp has this ability to just *poof* know what Jaina's thinking. He does it so many times during NJO, just says what would come next in the conversation as if they were actually discussing it.

Jaina's response to the kiss was another good characterization. Not wanting it, but liking it and almost wanting it to happen again. And of course Kyp feels guilty, which is very natural.

Yeah. I'm trying to figure out how to work this so that she falls for Kyp, without going:

Jaina: Waaa, Jaggie- *sees Kyp* Heeeeey . . .

Dana

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Aaaahhhh! How sweet! Poor Kyp is feeling awkward... [face_love]

I definitly think you need to write that J/TK companion piece! [face_praying]

14. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    It did. Chapter 27 of "Dark Apprentice", starting on page 293.

*blinks* Really?

Wow, it's been too long since I last read Dark Apprentice....

*puts it on list of things to get from the library*

15. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    ROTS has inspired a lot of people to keep writing!!
    Glad to see this one's still going. :)

UP!! :D

16. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm on chapter two and I'm officialy hating you for killing Jag and loving you for writing this.

17. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    I'm glad to see this baby alive and kicking, Dana. :)

"You lose people. I can almost see why attachment was forbidden. It hurts too much to lose someone. I know that being attached to someone, and then losing them, is a potential catalyst for the Dark Side."

"But it's also a strength," he said suddenly. "Because you have motivation to save someone. You have a reason to worry about their welfare. And what purpose is there to living if you have to push everyone away and just become the Jedi?"

Gosh, Dana, it's so much like the stuff I'm going for in BAON... glad to see that great minds think alike. Sometimes. :)I've always wondered why no one in NJO or in all post-ROTJ EU pointed out that the lack of attachments doesn't mean peace or serenity, it means indifference.

When their kidnapping plot was revealed, Leia merely rolled her eyes and said, "This is your fault, Han."

D'uh. It's ALL his fault. :) If he didn't turn back at Yavin...

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    excellent post, hehe this is all Hans fault :p

more soon

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I should probably reread those books.

20. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    just got caught up, like father like children. diffinately solos right there

21. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Glad you're still here and still posting.

I have to tell you, I actually didn't scream "Noooooo!" when Kyp gave her that small kiss.

I don't think I can ever be converted, but this is so well written that I can actually see K/J in this situation.

Will I cry after all? Don't know. But hopefully you'll keep going and I can get the chance to find out.

Great Job

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, of course not. Kyp is a sweetie!

23. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I loved it! I LOVED IT!!!!!!

24. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I need to get caught up on this one too, but I skimmed the post and thus far it's very realistic. The shock Jaina feels... I empathize with her. This is very realistic. Good job Dana! =D=

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, the shock is fantastic.