main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Still Be There" (J/J, K/J, angst, post-NJO) Finished! Last Chapter 09 Sep 12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I really debated on whether Nat should stay with Han and Leia while Kyp and Jaina have a honeymoon. I'm still not decided 100%. LOL.

A sequel, huh? What would I write a sequel about?

Dana

2. sonicflame

sonicflame Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Hmmm, that first bit is a hard one. One of my profs in college got remarried and told stories about taking his new wife and his three little kids to Disney World for their honeymoon. The only word he would use to describe it was "ugly." But there is definitely some room for funny scenes if she comes along...especially such a Force-sensitive little one. She picked up so quickly on Jaina's feelings when Jag died, makes me wonder how she'd take such strong emotions coming from the room next door- she'd have to sense *something.*

The second one...I can see so many, though probably mainly viggies. Like the birth of the first (or subsequent) little Durron...Nat's first date and how Kyp reacts to that...just any of that normal family stuff. I'm probably just mush, I just wanna see Kyp happy.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    When my mom got remarried, they went on their honeymoon to Disney World and left us kids home for a week and a half. I hated it.

Heh, I've long had this bunny where Natale starts dating this guy who's exactly like Jag, and Kyp's going o_O.

Dana

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Oooh, sounds interesting. Still, I'd feel sorry for any guy dating Natale.
    It'd be a funny little story, though.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I feel sorry for any daughter (step or otherwise) of Kyp's. *cackles*

Dana

6. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Yay, an update! It seems like every time I have computer issues and cant check the boards for a while, all of these amazing updates are here when I get back. =D= Awesome job. I loved it, of course!

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Figured I'd unlock and up this, seeing as I'm actually working on the next chapter. :D

I need an updated rollcall for the PM list, dear readers. Who would like to be informed when I finally update?

8. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'd like to be PM'd, please. [face_batting]

9. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    I would like to be pmed as well.

Thanks!:)

10. sonicflame

Sep 25, 2002
    Me, too, please!

11. sonicflame

Sep 25, 2002
    Back to the top, just so I can pester for more. :)

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Last chapter's almost done. Just need to wrap it up and type it, and it should be up soon. Sorry for the hideously long wait, my muse just hasn't been cooperating.

Dana

13. Ava

Ava Jedi Master star 1

Jul 30, 2007
    Oh my stars! =D= I just stumbled into this about an hour ago and fell in love[face_love]
    You have written this story so beautifully! I laughed and cried, I am sad to see it wrapping up. The relationships are so well written. You've given us so much depth. Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Please, I know there is only 1 chapter left, but could you PM me when you post it. I have to read the ending, I just have to.

May the Force be with you.
    - Ava -

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002

Love this fic. You have the characters pinned down so well.

An uncooperative muse? Don't ya just hate that? [face_laugh]

15. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I definitely love this story. Well defined characters, relationships everything!

So I happily awaiting the continuation! I absolutely loved Nat!

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yay, the board is back! And I can finally post the last chapter of this fic! Sorry it's been so long since I updated. Life has been . . . life. Yeah.

Also, I adore the tagging system. No more pesky PMs, I can just tag my readers!

Ceillean, angry_bendu1, sonicflame, DarthIshtar, Durroness, Ava, JediMaster_Jen, Master_Jaina1011, iamobiwan1970

If I missed anyone, sorry; I only went through the last two pages looking for usernames.

-------------------------------------------

--Chapter Nine--

Say you'll be with me
    When the heartache ends

-- Rob Thomas, "When The Heartache Ends"

The ballroom was crowded, filled with people in their best finery. As he led the bride to the dance floor, Kyp reflected on a previous wedding he'd attended. It felt like just yesterday when Jaina had married someone else, been someone else's to hold and protect.

He smiled and kissed the top of the dark head tucked under his chin. She was resplendent in a pale green dress, one so light it was almost white. When suggestions had been made that she wear white, she'd scoffed. Leia had shaken her grey head and laughed.

"Credit for your thoughts," she said.

"I was just thinking about . . . things." He quirked a smile. "You look happy."

"Surprised?" she asked.

"Not at all. Happy is good."

"You're really quiet today."

"Just pondering life. Weddings make a person do that." Kyp met Jaina's eyes and saw all the love he felt for her reflected in those dark depths.

"You're not going to get overly emotional on me, are you? 'Cause I never took you for the sappy type."

He laughed. "No. I'm just . . . proud of you."

As the song changed, and Kyp spun the bride under his arm, a tall young man dressed in a fine uniform, starched within an inch of his life, approached. He grinned nervously at Kyp.

"May I cut in?" he asked.

Kyp had to grin. "Go ahead."

Natale left her father's arms, to throw herself into those of her new husband. He felt a pang as the groom dragged her off.

Then Jaina was beside him. "I know you're thinking about when I married her dad."

Kyp slid an arm around his wife. "How could I not? She married a guy just like him."

"And you managed to refrain from killing him. I'm impressed."

He drew her close. "I still think she's too young. But there was no telling you anything at her age, either."

Jaina chuckled. Yes, she'd been an insufferable know-it-all at twenty, even after Kyp had taught her a few things. "I learned. She will, too."

"I hope she gets to keep him," he said quietly. "She's already broken her share of hearts. I don't want hers broken, too."

His wife linked their hands. "She doesn't have a you waiting for her, not like I did."

"We were just lucky that way."

Then his eye landed on someone furtively trying to spike the non-alcoholic punch with Corellian brandy. Kyp sighed. "Excuse me, Goddess, I need to go strangle Jag."

Jaina arched a brow and followed his gaze to their fourteen-year-old son. "Maybe this time I'll let you."

He kissed her quickly. "Wait for me."

"Always," she said. "Always."

----------------------------------

Aaaaand, done! Hope you guys enjoyed this. Now, I'm off to finish the other three billion fics I have floating around . . .

Dana

Ava likes this.
  17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Love the tags!! Jag trying to spike the punch sounds like something Kyp himself would do. Great fic.

Ava likes this.
  19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  20. Ava

Ava Jedi Master star 1

Jul 30, 2007
    Wonderful! [face_love]=D=

21. Empress Teta

Empress Teta Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    This is absolutely wonderful!

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thank you both!

23. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    I've always loved this fic, and now it has a very fitting ending! I always like seeing Kyp as a dad :)