main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Still Flying: Serenity/Firefly

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    The suspense is killing me . . . .

2. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    "I look out for me and mine. That don't include you 'less I conjure it does. Now you stuck a thorn in the Alliance's paw -- that tickles me a bit. But it also means I gotta step twice as fast to avoid 'em, and that means turnin' down plenty of jobs. Even honest ones. Put this crew together with the promise of work, which the Alliance makes harder every year. Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well not be another. So here's us, on the raggedy edge."

I just felt the need to roll this over to the 501st. :D

Continue the discussion.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Didn't see a mention here, but DHC is putting a new Serenity miniseries out next year:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=15-190

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/15/15190.jpg]

Joss Whedon returns to the world of his blockbuster film Serenity with the three-issue comics series Better Days.

Better Days revisits everyone's favorite space cowboys in this thrilling, action-packed adventure, with Mal and his crew on a heist that promises a big payoff--what's surprising is that this heist just might make good on that promise.

Whedon reunites with Brett Matthews and Will Conrad, his collaborators on the best-selling 2005 series Those Left Behind. Adam Hughes joins the team for covers.

* Prequel series to the blockbuster film Serenity by Joss Whedon.

* Front covers by critically acclaimed Adam Hughes.

* Serenity: Those Left Behind has sold over 85, 000 copies!

Joss Whedon and Brett Matthews return to Serenity!

Publication Date: Mar 12, 2008
    Format: Full color, 40 pages
    Price: $2.99

4. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    That is some of the crummiest artwork I've ever seen.

That makes the recent Star Wars Novel covers look like Rembrandts.

and I'm sorry...The crew of Serenity don't smile often...and NEVER while posing!

Hope the stories good, but if that image is a shape of things to come, I'll be flipping through at the shop and setting right back on the rack.

5. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Its Darkhorse...of course the art is crummy. :p

6. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Just because they're smiling and you don't want them to be smiling doesn't make the artwork 'crummy'. We're all entitled to our tastes and opinions, but FYI I've worked as a comics illustrator and I have a BFA in Art & Illustration -- and IMO that is an excellent drawing.

Besides, if you've read the synopsis of the series, it makes perfect sense that they would be smiling. I'm sure they'll be scowling by the end of the run, though, so your wishes will doubtless be fulfilled.

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    QFT, though I feel Wash could have been fleshed out a little more.

8. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Mal looks too much like Jason Bateman in that pic. Nonetheless, I'll still be picking this up when it hits graphic novel form.

9. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    No posts since January?! :eek: :( Guess I underestimated my thread killing powers. [face_blush]

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The first 2 issues have been pretty good. Book's fantasy image is destined to be a wallpaper at some point in the future...

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Adam Baldwin was at Starfest this weekend, I got a chance to meet and talk with him --he's a great guy, lots of fun. He told some great stories about the show, but doesn't hold out much hope for a restart. Guess I'd better watch "Chuck."

[image=http://lh4.ggpht.com/BlackburnPhotography/SAwlUd4eF9I/AAAAAAAAQCw/nMB-Jx_R5sc/s800/Jayne%20and%20Clone.jpg]

12. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    ^^^

That is a great picture. I know most people don't hold out hope, but somewhere in that little back of the mind, we all wish it! Long Live Jayne!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.