main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Still in Love- J/J, Victorian Quotes Roulette Response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SithGirl132, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hey all- I am indeed still alive and writing! As usual, I should be doing homework now, but Calculus quizzes spawn plot bunnies.

Title: Still in Love
    Author: SithGirl132
    Characters: Jaina and Jag
    Genre: mush
    Notes: I've finally caved and written J/J. Are you happy now? [face_laugh]

[i]?He could not forget the touch of her arms around his neck, impatiently felt as it had been at the time; but now the recollection of her clinging defense of him, seemed to thrill him through and through,--to melt away every resolution, all power of self-control, as if it were wax before a fire.?
    ~ Elizabeth Gaskell ?North and South?[/i]

[hr]

She was still there.

Something about Jaina still lurked throughout Jagged Fel?s offices, no matter how often he tried to forget about her.

She had left him (again), said it was her problem, said she?d deal with things and let him know if her life was intact enough to consider him again.

That wasn?t what hurt. Jaina did things like this, for better or worse. It was just her style, and Jag figured that he should be used to it, after all of these years. It didn?t matter- every time Jaina left, it just hurt Jag deeply.
    Maybe it was a sign of love. Maybe it meant that he really did love her, and they were meant to be together?

Jaina just kept telling herself that Jag was no longer in her life, and therefore no longer a concern of hers. He was difficult enough to forget after this long, but she had already almost blocked him from her mind. Perhaps relationships weren?t going to be a part of her future; being Sword of the Jedi often left one in no condition to date.

Something about him had stuck with her, though. They had been engaged before she?d broken it off, and Jaina kept telling herself that she hadn?t just panicked and fled, but instead had carefully thought it out and considered what she was going to do. Her words to Jag replayed in her head far too often, and she still heard them as word-vomit, rather than something intelligently put together. It was stupid, Jaina reflected, to be acting like a teenager with her first boyfriend after this long. What was different about Jag?

?Nothing,? Jaina hissed. She was still trying to convince herself that Jag was no different from anyone else she?d been involved with, and he should be able to fade away. Something about this was different, though. There was something about Jag that was enough to crack even Jaina?s mental control. Something that made her occasionally want to go back to him and try to at least be friends.

But it was over and done, right? Nothing more to be done. Better to just forget him.

Jag glanced up from a pile of diplomatic work and half-expected Jaina to be waiting at the door. She would have been there, if they were still together. She knew exactly when he needed someone to talk to or just to get his mind off of his work.

Of course, she was never there.

How could someone be so firmly gone and yet so present? Everything of Jag?s seemed drenched with Jaina?s very essence. She was still very much a part of his life, even if they hadn?t spoken in nearly three months.

Impulsively, Jag began to record a short holomessage to Jaina.

Jaina would have just tossed the message aside and not cared about it, but something told her to listen to Jag?s message. Was he missing her, even if he was a bit much Chiss-raised to admit it? She sometimes acknowledged that she missed him, but never in front of anyone. No one else would understand.

[i]Jaina, please hear me out, [/i]Jag begged.[i] I can?t explain this, but maybe you can. I can?t get you out of my mind and life, and I don?t know why I?d want to.

Tell me if I did something wrong, please. I know how your life goes- your problems are usually larger and far more serious than the average person?s, but please give us a chance. We?ve made it through so much together, and I don?t know if I can keep going without you.

You?re always in my mind. There was a time when we took each other and our relationship for granted, and something changed after this last breakup. It was as though I

2. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    OH! I just love North and South! And a beautiful quote at that! And that viggie gave it the justice it deserved. [:D]
    I love the fact that Jaina was all for the just moving on 'after all they had broken up so many times before' and then Jag sends the letter, and she realizes that they keep getting back together so 'maybe they should make it stick since they kept getting back together'. Perfect!

Very nicely done!
    O4aF

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A squeelicious quote and a yummy response. J/J goodness -- never get enough. Love his message: that he sent it and that he told it like it is. [face_dancing]

Even gladder that she really listened.

:)

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my, that was searingly beautiful! [face_love]

Well done with the quote - and with the writing period. =D=

~MJ @};-

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    It was just her style, and Jag figured that he should be used to it, after all of these years. It didn?t matter- every time Jaina left, it just hurt Jag deeply.
    Maybe it was a sign of love. Maybe it meant that he really did love her, and they were meant to be together?

That particular passage stood out for me. She keeps leaving, which only hurts them both.

Great response.

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Man this challenge is bringing out the L/M and J/J viggies out in abundance!!!

I loved it only because it is sooo true.

Great job!

=D=

7. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    O4aF: You'd think this would be common sense... this was kind of inspired by various friends' relationship drama and the whole breaking up and getting back together thing...
    Jade: I figured I had to get out of my angst-kick, at least a bit.
    Mira_Jade: Awww, thanks! I might have to read the book that quote is from...
    FelsGoddess: Jaina isn't that smart when it comes to relationships. I know far too many people who do the same things she does and don't get it... :rolleyes:
    Master_Jaina: Haha, yes! I had a good feeling about writing this one...

Thanks, all. [:D] Glad you liked it!

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Lovely insight into the J/J relationship. I love the message; it's so... adorable. [face_love] [face_love]

=D=@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.