main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Still no Shuttle *Official FAO Imperial Shuttle thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by robertyodarugenstein, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    A guy on Galactic Hunter is reporting that FAO still has no received the Shuttle yet. I also called the around 3:00 eastern time and asked about it they told me that they expect them in the next couple of days.

What is the hold up on this thing??

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    From the information I have Robert, FAO is expecting their Shuttles in today. Packaging and shipping will begin Monday, since those employees for FAO don't work on the weekends.

My advice to anyone who ordered the Shuttle:

1. Check your credit card statement online (if possible) each day to see if it's been charged. When FAO charges a credit card, that means the item has been shipped.

2. Don't expect to see this big beauty on your doorstep until Jan. 20-25. FAO stated it would take 7-10 days to arrive after shipping date. They are coming, just be patient, folks...

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I was told I wouldn't get mine till the end of January, but to call on January 23rd and see if it had shipped yet.

4. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Galactic Hunter has an Update regarding the Shuttle ;) It has to do with a fellow customer's query...

In reply to his query about his Imperial Shuttle order, Schneider received this reply.
    Dear Daniel,
    We still have not received the shuttles here at our store. We have not been given a specific date on when it will be arriving but once they arrive in the store we will be shipping them out. If you would like to verify your credit card number please call us at 212-644-9410 ext.4242. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at anytime.
    Thank you.
    Robert Burke
    FAO New York Customer Service"

Also worth noting, we haven't found any collectors who have had their credit cards charged for the Imperial Shuttle yet. We will update you as soon as we have any confirmed shipment

So check your Email people! ;)
    I have to check mine, After the Simpsons of course :D

5. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    Guys & Gals I need some help with this ship. :)

Just how big is this baby? Are we talking GUNSHIP size? Bigger? Smaller?

Is it really worth forking out the cash on? Will Hasbro re-release it later on in year or anything are they at a reduced cost?

cheers,
    SI

6. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    I doubt that you will see a rerelease. It is larger (taller) than the Gunship...it rocks. It may be the only chance to get it.

7. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    SI, I'm not sure about the dimensions, But I'm positive The Shuttle is a little Bigger, Both vertically & horizantally than Teh Gunship. It's the same Mold as the Vintage Shuttle, If that helps you :D
    The Shuttle is the Biggest SW Ship Ever made :D I know that, And I ordered one :D
    So I think it's Worth the $120 plus Shipping! :D

There's a lot of Great pics at Galactic Hunter in the Image Bank ;) :D

8. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    yeah, my cousin has the original Shuttle and indeed it's massive! :)

I asked because I saw 2 on eBay going for USD140 + USD40 shipping worldwide.

9. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, If you Really want it, That may be the Best way to go. :) Go for it
    I heard The Shuttle was available Online from a couple of Websites, But I don't remember which or know if they ship worldwide [face_blush]
    You may want to look around a little 1st before you bid on Ebay ;)
    Good Luck :)

10. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    might just do that but I'm not so certain I will ever get one. :)

11. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    SI: The Saga Shuttle is the same mold as the vintage one, so I'd assume it's the exact same size. There's a little more "weathering" paint deco on this one, in addition to a more-black window on the cockpit.

I am anxiously awaiting mine!!!

12. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    For those you don't know, The Imperial Shuttle is roughly as tall as the At-AT and (with its wings up) it is about as wide as the Falcon. Wings down, well, it's just big :)

13. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Oops. I lost my wallet the other day and had to cancel my credit cards. I probably should give FAO a call to give them a new charge number. [face_blush]

14. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    I just called FAO and once agin asked if they had the Shuttle in and was told no. They told me that now expect them to arrive on the 25th.

15. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I'm not sure about the dimensions, But I'm positive The Shuttle is a little Bigger, Both vertically & horizantally than Teh Gunship.

Now, regardless of the fact that I'm a pain in the you-know-what about the superiority of teh gunship usually, I must say that there is NO way a ship could be bigger horizontally than teh gunship's wingspan. I mean, the ship's fuselage is HUGE, then you put on it's massive wings and it's just too big to get beaten by the shuttle. :p

Just as a side note, though, the shuttle was my favorite Star Wars ship until I saw teh gunship on that fateful midnight last May. :D So, in no way would I want to diss that ship, I love it and think it's incredibly beautiful. :)

16. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    I kinda agree Sithman. The Shuttle is a quality design and was my fav ship along with the X-Wing until you-know-what came thundering past in AOTC. :)

Alas, I have all but given up on getting the Shuttle. Oh well....

17. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Now, regardless of the fact that I'm a pain in the you-know-what about the superiority of teh gunship usually, I must say that there is NO way a ship could be bigger horizontally than teh gunship's wingspan
    Uhhhh, WRONG Sithy :D

Teh Gunship is 26 inches Horizontally, wings & All. Vertically it's 12 inches ;)

The Tyderion Shuttle is 28 inches Horizontally, wings & All. Vertically it's 18 inches.

:D :D :D

:p :p :p

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Teh Gunship is 26 inches Horizontally, wings & All. Vertically it's 12 inches

The Tyderion Shuttle is 28 inches Horizontally, wings & All. Vertically it's 18 inches.
    "

I hate you. :p

Haha! Just kidding, LGM! Wow, that's amazing, thanks for proving me wrong! That ship must be TRULY HUGE! [face_shocked]

Oh hell, teh Gunship could still blow the shuttle to crap. :D

19. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    I hate you too Sithy :p J/K
    Yeah, I did some research at Rebelscum [face_mischief] :D

BTW, If they built Any of the Star Wars ships to scale with each other...
    The Shuttle would be almost twice the size of Teh Gunship [face_mischief] :D

Couldn't resist :D

20. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    LGM, thanks for getting those measurements. I was considering calling my parents and having them measure mine because I knew it had a massive wingspan.

Yes the gunship would win in a battle but the shuttle is just a transport not meant for combat. That would be like pitting a small battle ship against a carnival cruise ship :)

BTW, apparently being a new guy has left me out of something...when someone gets the time could you explain "teh" gunship?

21. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Gosh!! It feels like a Loooong time ago I asked that Very same question :D

Sithy should tell you though, It's his Fault Everyone calls it Teh Gunship [face_mischief]
    I resisted for a bit, But I can't even help it anymore. It will Always be Teh Gunship now! :D ;)

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "BTW, apparently being a new guy has left me out of something...when someone gets the time could you explain "teh" gunship?"

It all started back on one fateful day in May...

...And capitalized on one day in September.

My love for teh Gunship has become "worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi". :D

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/gunships4.jpg]
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/4087.jpg]
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/17.jpg]
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/perimiter.jpg]

Eye candy. :D

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Hmmm... I see. Well, thanks for the explanation Sithy :)

24. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    I just called FAO (1/30) and asked them if the had started shipping the Shuttle. What they told be I could not belive. No they have not started shipping them because they have not gottin' them yet. :mad: Now they expect to have them by the end of next week. O.K. what is the hold up on this thing? Anybody know why this has happened agin? I could see on delay but we are now on our 3rd one. First this was to come out the 10th of December then the 10th of January then the 25th. Now we get it the first or second week in February. If this thing has anymore delays we can expect to see in late spring.

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    GAH! Another delay? Oh well... I have to clear room in my Star Wars room for it anyway. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.