main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

still work to do, but have a look

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by DigeB, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    well, had too much time, so i started some models. still a lot of texture work to do but judge for yourself.

this is, or should be the HomeOne

a MC80 Cruiser

a mod frigate an other stuff

i got loads of other pictures of these models, just let me know if you want to see some more...

would like to read some comments
    (but please don´t tell me about the texture, i know it´s bad..)

2. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    I like those a lot. Is the hangar on the first image a texture? - Also the engine glow on the big cruiser looks a little... bland and unrealistic. Your lighting looks quite good. Keep up the good work :)
    ~DK~

3. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    actually you did pretty good, i like it but the textures do need a bit more work, really good modeling! :)

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    nice job! :D

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I like the textures, very nice and the lighting is good too...

6. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    I like those a lot. Is the hangar on the first image a texture? - Also the engine glow on the big cruiser looks a little... bland and unrealistic. Your lighting looks quite good. Keep up the good work

no the hangar is no texture, i got a high res and a low res hanger, so i can change, thhis one´s the high res, but still not finished.
    yeah, the engine glow is not ready yet. it´s just for me to get a feeling for the model, there will be a better one

but i´ll remember that, thx

7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Good work

8. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    okay, here is an update from the engines and some new textures. made some pictures for scaling the HomeOne...

HO Update

still got some probs with these damn lights...

and some new stuff
    Imp Update

9. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    repaired the broken links

10. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Looks sweet to me. The textures look very nice.

11. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    for the moment I am back on the SSD hull, but I´am not finished with the HO. The landing bays are still missing, and it took me some time for research...

well I updated the engine glow;) on the last picture

12. CalebLambert1

CalebLambert1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    I like the look of detail some of the hull has, it looks wonderful.

13. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    I updated the trench and part of the tip of the hull (still the Imp link above)

14. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Looks like really good work to me. I shared this with the guys over at SCIFI-MESHES in the ISD thread over there that Ansel is making. Probably the best ISD ever made. You have to be registered to view images.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=268594229#post268594229

Ansel did an Executor himself once so I wanted him to take a look at yours and see what he thinks. I was looking at it and the last few images are impressive. I thought with maybe a little bit more detailing and really nice texturing that trench could be used as a separate model for flythrus. It's pretty detailed so far.

15. Fractalsponge

Fractalsponge Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey,

First off, the trench looks very nice with the shadows. With a lot of little windows and a good texture job (and maybe some of the little rectangular platforms that festoon the trench as seen in ROTJ) it would serve nicely for flybys. The ISD trench is far more complicated geometry wise than the SSD trench, so you can't really use greeble on it. But the SSD trench lends itself admirably to that, since it's mostly in the form of styrene or metal chips with little pinholes allowing for window illumination.

Either way I think you want to make the final parts parts as small as possible; one more layer of platforms and chip-like extrusions from the main greebles would do the trick nicely, I think, making each ~2-3 decks thick. Keep in mind that it won't look like the movie model until you get a good window map on it (or use small self-illuminated points/boxes).

Also, the rim of the trench should have very small greebles, and they shouldn't protrude from the sides, only up from the lip. A good reference for that is:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/Xbradford/Executor_48.jpg

That page has a lot of excellent refs for the model, btw.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/exhibit/executor.html

16. DigeB

DigeB Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    okay,thought about zoos idea to use the trench as separate model. I looked up some ref to make the detail more org model like. used layered platforms as seen in the flythru in ESB.

trench test

so what do you think so far...

17. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Those two ref links I think are good for overall, but they're not very good for the trench specifically. I'll see if I can find some. I have those low-quality original trilogy DVD's from Singapore or something... and the real ones won't be out till September.. so I don't have a way of doing any real good caps from the movie... but I think the movie is the best b/c at the end of ESB and in ROJ they do some good trench fly-thrus.

I think the amount of shapes is really good here... but it needs that finer level of detail on these shapes like Fractal has on his ISD. Little greebles on top of these big pieces, cutting lines or other details in these, etc. You follow? It'd be nice if we could get a good reference of just the trench close-up like in the films to show this. And of course in the end some good maps to go on top of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.