main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO STL Cardinals '06 Season

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthShoey, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    w00t! Way to go, Cardinals!

2. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Yeeeeeeesssssssss! THEY DID IT!!!!! The CARDS are the Champs!

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I teared up.

This is one of the best moments of my life. I love this team so much. It was so emotional in that room at work, everyone was hollering and cheering and clapping and hugging...

4. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

I was just getting out of a hockey game in the 8th inning... and on the drive home we heard it on the radio!

5. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    For those you brave enough to go downtown, here is the parade info:

(KSDK) - Fans of the 2006 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals can congratulate the Redbirds during the "Parade of Champions" on Sunday, Oct. 29. The parade begins at 2 p.m. at 18th and Market Streets in downtown St. Louis.

The parade will go east on Market to Broadway, then into Busch Stadium. To download a copy of the parade route, click here.

The Busch Stadium festivities will require a ticket. To reserve your ticket, click here

If you aren't able to make it downtown, you can watch live coverage of the parade on NewsChannel 5 and ksdk.com.

6. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Congrats to the 2006 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals! =D=

I wish Detroit could have made it a more competive Series and forced at least one more game. The media circus for game 6 would have been fun to watch with the Gambler on the mound.

At least the Tigers set a few WS records.... oh wait, most errors by pitchers in a WS is bad. Um nevermind. :rolleyes:

As for the banner bet, if I was still the R2-Detroit CR, it would have happened.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks Blasty :) We were happy to have it end here (obviously), nice way to welcome in the new stadium.

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'd like to add my congratulations to the city of St. Louis as a "tormentor" of the Cardinals thread 2 years ago. I hope you guys have as much fun celebrating this title as the city of Boston did when we won it. :D

Edit: You guys are going to have to do a celebratory banner. :D

9. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks to Blasty and Wildstar!!! Our Cards definitely deserved this time. I think the whole City of St. Louis and surrounding areas couldn't be happier for them.

10. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm probably going to end up braving downtown tomorrow. :cool:

11. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    The parade was INSANE today! I'll load up pictures soon.

12. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Jeremy tried to brave downtown for the parade and some woman fell off the Metrolink ramp and broke her back and neck so the metro link was backed up 6 cars and they got there to try and get off the metrocar and being unable to move anywhere due to the rush of those leaving the parade. :(

13. Padraeic_Whills

Padraeic_Whills Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    ouch thats rough. Is this like...someplace she was supposed to be? I dont ride the metro much myself...so not sure if a ramp is the actually people ramp (liek what you walk on to get in)

14. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeesh, sounds rough.

Anyway, I got my pictures loaded. About half were unsalvagable (due to arms, or bad camera angles) but some did turn out really well. Click here!

15. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    HEy all what a wonderful ending to the season.
    I have to say we have the best fans here in St Louis. I was proud to see there was not "Rioting" in celebration and burning of vehicles in the streets, as in some cities.
    We show that there can be celebrating w/o destroying property.

16. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Sorry this post is late. I've been a CARDS fan my whole life. I was there in 82' when they won and had to endure the 85', 87', and 2004 losses. The CARDS are the ultimate underdog story. Nobody gave them a chance against the Padres but the desposed of them easily. Then no one gave them a chance against the METS and they won. Then there was no way to beat the TIGERS and with a little luck they won the World Series. How could you not love this team.

Congrats to the 2006 World Series Champions St. Louis Cardinals.! =D=

17. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Expect the Cardinals to be slightly busier than normal this offseason as they look to repeat with more funds than in years past (due to the increased revenue of a new stadium). I would not be shocked to see a big name pitcher or bat make his way here (the hot rumor right now is Soriano but I have seen nothing to back that up)

18. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I'd love to see them pick up Soriano. But something tells me it's not going to happen.

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I can dream on that though. Having a 1-3 order of Eckstein, Soriano and Pujols excites me to no end. We really do need to pick up a bat this offseason though, our offense is suspect. That, and a quality starting pitcher (or two).

20. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Depending on what happens with all the free agents, we might need more than that.

I trust Jocketty. He's got his head on straight.

21. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    What I'm hearing now from my various contacts (I sound like an agent now, sheesh), is that 2B Adam Kennedy and OF David Delluci could be Cardinals soon. I REALLY like Adam Kennedy because A) He's been in the Cardinals system before (He was traded to Anaheim in 2000 for some dude named Edmonds), B) He played with Spiezio and Eckstein on the 2002 World Champion Anaheim Angels and C) He reminds me a LOT of Eckstein and I think those two would feed off each other being old buddies. Delluci would be a good reasonably priced pickup as well. I think this is a good way to fill some holes cheaply and still improve. We can then use that money to resign Weaver and Mulder (I've all but given up Suppan) and maybe go out and get another pitcher.

That Never Gets Old

22. starjedi9045

starjedi9045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.