main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL FF RPG

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I really don't know if I could, but I know Randy won't. For me it kinda depends on a thing I'll check on it and get back to you ASAP.

2. Form4Master

Form4Master Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    Don't change your plans. We can just have a side quest for those who might want to play and start the larger quest when everyone gets back together. We should post what weekends for Nov. and Dec. are just plain out of the question there and see if we can pencil in some time or else we might not be playing at all for the next few months!!

3. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey RPGers,

I just wanted to post something about upcoming dates for I am going to be out of town in Nov. and Dec. The following dates I will be out of town...Nov. 25 &26th, Dec 9th 10th and 11th, and 23rd, 24th 25th and 26th. I am down to do something next weekend if people are up to it and the weekend before Xmas if we all can agree on it. I know it is kinda crazy with the holidays but I have really been working on a fun mission and want to get it going if people are still interested. I have nothing going on Sunday if anyone wants to play, just post and we can work out a miniquest if we get a few people.

By the way, I put Matt's character down on the quest wrap up as Adam. Sorry Matt, promise to get it right next time!!

Have a safe holiday everyone.

Sean

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    The earliest I am available is Sunday the 18th. I am down to the last 2 & 1/2 weeks of class (get out on the 14th) and I a ton of papers, speeches and finals to prepare for. But I am more than willing to meet on that date for however long...

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Are we meeting on the 18th? I was thinking if so, meeting around 1 would be good, since it is a Sunday and my kids and husband have to get up early on Monday.

We could have a little Xmas party...everyone bring a food item. :D

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds good to me!

7. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    You know I'm always in.

8. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey guys.

I am not going to be able to GM this weekend at the posted time because I have some family stuff that requires my presence in KC this coming weekend. I should be home by 6 or 7 on Sunday and I could meet around then but I simply can?t be back before that. I am really sorry, please let me know if you all want to meet anyways and let John GM (I do not speak for him, haven't even run it by him and he may not be game for AT ALL!!!) or push back the meeting time so I can come straight to the meeting for a few hours, or just catch up after the holidays. I would be there if it was possible but I have some kinda heavy family issues that require my attention and it is imperative I be there to help out. I am really excited about GMing a new quest because I have been working on a really great quest but this is something I have to do this weekend and next weekend is the holiday.

Sorry again and please let me know what everyone wants to do,

Sean

9. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Sean, the family always comes first. There is no need to apologize.

The only problem with meeting that late is that my family has to be in bed for school and work on Monday...maybe there is a different day we can do this. This is a hard time of year to fit everything in... :(

What does everyone think?

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Bad news regarding SW RPGing...

From http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/ :

A little late posting this news, but it still deserves to be posted. ENWorld member MerricB has posted a letter he received from Living Force director August Hahn. In this letter, he confirms something we've been suspecting for a while now.

August Hahn:
    Dear readers and players,

Before I begin, please forgive our delay in responding the many very pertinent, very worthy questions that have been bandied about on this forum (and others). Cynthia and I have been working tirelessly to ensure that every resource was exhausted, every avenue explored
    and every possibility spent before bridging the subject that has been on your minds - namely, the second Living Force campaign.

Let me make this as clear to you as it has become to us (but hear me out after I say it):

There will not be an LF2 campaign.

Wizards of the Coast has no interest in pursuing the Star Wars license agreement with LucasFilm beyond its Miniatures product line. This final decision came only very recently, which is why there has been such a delay in an announcement. With no roleplaying products coming out or scheduled, the roleplaying organized play division (the RPGA) will not support a second campaign set in the Star Wars universe.

Thus, I repeat, there will not be a sequel to what WotC gladly acknowledges as a hugely successful campaign. We have had a great run, but just as there hasn't been a Year Six of Babylon 5, there will be no continuance of these great stories once they are finished.

At Winter Fantasy, all good things (and this campaign from its inception under the immensely capable leadership of Jae Walker and the creative gifts of Morrie Mullins has been so VERY, VERY good) will come to an end. This decision is final; it will not change.

Angry letters won't dissuade the powers that be. Threats and wails and gnashing of teeth will avail nothing. For very solid, very understandable reasons, the RPGA will not sanction a
    second "season". When it's over, it's over.

So please, we your humble Coordinators beg of you, let's conduct these last months with the same dignity and strength of character (and characters) that made LF worth the gnashing of teeth uncountable. Enjoy the last story arcs. Play your roles to the fullest.

BE the heroes we know you are.

-------

And that, as they say, is the bad news.

The ~good news~ is that we are currently discussing plans for an all new campaign to fill the schedule void that will be left by LF's conclusion.

I can only inform you of what we have been told is acceptable to release at this early date.

The RPGA wants another science-fiction campaign. They want Cynthia and I to handle it, write it, and manage it. They want to make sure that you the players have a rich selection of games to enjoy and that ~includes~ a sci-fi genre choice.

I honestly can say nothing more.

When we know anything else, you'll know it that same day. Why? Because we suck at keeping secrets.

I think we can all agree that this is definitely a dark time for Star Wars Roleplaying.

EDIT: As a co-webmaster pointed out, this is far from an official end to the RPG, but is instead another grim indicator.

:( At least they'll still be producing minis. :D

11. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, I posted the important parts of that letter a month or so ago.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well then.. Curse me for not looking at past posts. Aren't you special? :p ;)

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm flexible. Soon I will be jobless and schoolness so I'll have lots of time but no money.

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I didn't think to ask if John wanted to GM instead. Oversite on my part. If, John you do, we could still meet here... it is up to all of you. I just can't meet later that night.

I am free as of tonight, so I will also have plenty of time on my hands... :D

15. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I'd just as soon not GM.

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    oh, good. I was thinking I messed up not waiting to see if you wanted to do it...

17. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey RPGers!

Well with the holidays finally behind us I was hoping that we could start up the SW RPG ASAP. What date would work out well for everyone? Are people available to do some gaming this weekend or next? I am free and clear on weekends so let me when and where and I am ready to go! I am very excited to get the game going again and apologize for the long hiatus.

Let me know,

Sean

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    This weekend would work great for me. Saturday (anytime) is best, but Sunday is doable if we start earlier...next weekend is the group meeting... :D

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    This weekend might be hard, Saturday I have to go look at a few houses with Randy, unsure how long that will take. Randy's a poophead about Sunday's too.

20. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I'll be up for it whatever day anybody wants to do it.

21. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    Would people be down with a SW RPG session after bowling? Late night RP is a wonderful thing. If not then how about Sunday or next Sat. night??

22. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm always ready and willing.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have no idea, a lot depends on something happening this Saturday. So I won't have an inkling until then, but even after that my time is about to be really short. Got the wedding, Regional meeting, work, school, parade(?), our regular meetings, the other thing, in all honesty I don't know if Randy and me will have time to RPG for a while. I'm sorry, just getting a little over booked again :(

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I think it is dead, Jim...erm, Sean...

I think there is not enough interest or time (for those who are interested) to keep it going right now... :(

If we did have enough people I will be willing to go on... :D

25. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    If it does end up happening on Saturday, Patrick and I are in. We have a sitter for the whole night, so we're FREEEEEEE!!!! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.