main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL FF RPG

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Sorry I meant 2:30 on Saturday...

2. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm open for any time that works on Sat.

3. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    Hey! I'm new to the boards, but I've played/run the Star Wars (d20) game many times. Also, I am the administrator for gatewaygamer.net, a forum site dedicated to roleplay gaming and related things for the St. Louis and surrounding area. I don't think I can make a face-to-face game, but we have a play-by-post area at gatewaygamer.net and I'd be glad to play in or run a game online. A play-by-post game might be beneficial for those of us with packed family life or otherwise (that's why I couldn't make a regular at the table game).

Is anyone interested in a PBP d20 game? Maybe we could tie the plot lines together somehow, that way the players feel more integrated. Just a thought.

4. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Most of us are newbies to the game and like the socialization of meeting face to face, and it give us nice time away from our packed family lives and other obligations. Or at least I do, but maybe our GM can figure out how to maneuver to include those that want to do a post by post play if he has the time.

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Move your computer up to your dining area.:p

6. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    hey guys, when are we gonna RPG again, I had fun last time. let me know. ttyl.

7. Form4Master

Form4Master Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    How about 2:30 to around 7:30 on Sat. , that gives us five hours of playing time. I think that would work out ok and we could really make some progress if everyone can make it for that time. If not tell me when and I will be there, I can cancel meeting up with my friend if I really need to.

Later,

Sean

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    That sounds fine Sean. 2:30 to 7:30 on Saturday is a great time... :D

9. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Sounds great to me too!

10. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Never played, but I saw a book referancing how to I guess D&D with SW on another board. It was a big book and a while ago. I know it had all forms of the Jedi fighting stance. I am looking for the Jedi Healer information.
    thanks Medic

Power of the Jedi Sourcebook for WotC's Star Wars RPG

11. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    I have most of the source books, both hard cover, and in PDF format. I'd be glad to upload some of these if you guys would like to pull them down for references?

Also, the last SW d20 campaign I ran had a web site where we put up holonet news, summarized the story for each session and posted lots of stats and links to resources. If it's helpful, here's the link:

http://www.shinyhappypeople.org/~david/swrpg/

12. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    You guys will have to fill us in. Patrick has to work 2 Saturdays every year, and this Saturday happens to be one. It blows, but it's over time - can't beat a couple extra $100's when I'm still trying to pay back Christmas bills!

13. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ah, the legend of Chukha-Trok is complete! He will be RP'd as a cross of Skull(PVP comics) and Jayne(Firefly).

As part of the Empires build-up of forces on the forest moon of Endor for the construction of the Death Star, one side effect was that smugglers learned of the location of the base. These smugglers were probably tipped off by Imperials in search of certain goods not readily supplied by the Empire. A smuggling group run out of the corporate sector noticed that the indigenous Ewoks were intelligent beings able to take out large creatures despite their size and technology level. This knowledge was the basis for this group to hire on several young Ewoks as crew members. Chukha-Trok was picked up by one of these crews and was taken under the wing of the first mate Vor?en Kurn. Chukha was a great warrior in his tribe by this time, but the lure of the various shiny objects and the chance to see other worlds was too much. It was Vor?en who taught Chukha how the galaxy and its technology worked.

Vor?en had some sympathies for the rebellion based mainly around his dislike for the Empire and certain laws that makes life difficult for his chosen profession. He eventually got his own ship and made sure Chukha followed him to his new command. Whenever the opportunity arrived, Vor?en would volunteer for smuggling runs that were obviously destined for rebellion forces. While not officially second in command Chukha became Vor?ens personal bodyguard and chief of all things weapon or explosive related.

This arrangement worked well for a while till the Empire started cracking down hard on smugglers. At this point the leadership of the smuggling organization decided that Chukha was a liability as no one outside the Empire should know of the existence of Ewoks. A combination of the Empires crackdown of smugglers into the Endor system, and Chukhas love for the technology(mainly the weaponry) of the galaxy resulted in Chukha not returning to his tribe on Endors moon. Using Vor?ens contacts within the rebellion Chukha had no problem gaining entry. However, even with Vor?ens recommendations, proving he was a capable fighter was another thing. He proved his worth on the shooting range, but was stuck mainly with guard duty inside secure facilities. Just a few weeks before the battle of Hoth the cell he was stationed with in a small city on Naboo was discovered and attacked by the Empire. Underestimating the garrison, and one furry little soldier in particular, the company of stormtroopers the Empire sent in were decimated, Chukha was credited with 35 kills, though he disputes that saying that the 3 vaporized by a thermal detonator the threw are being left out. After the battle the survivors managed to escape but spent several weeks trying to avoid the Empire. Furious that he missed the battle of Hoth, Chukha applied for a transfer into Crix Madine?s newly formed commando unit. For reasons unknown, his application was denied, but he was transferred to a special forces unit to be deployed mainly in the outer rim?

I don't feel like explaining Jayne if you don't already know him, but this comic sums up Skull the Troll as best as I can think.

14. Form4Master

Form4Master Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    So sounds like we are down a Jedi and a Scout for the Sat. game.

That leaves us a trigger happy Ewok, a rookie Tech and Jedi, and a Smuggler.

I am thinking maybe a small side quest this weekend is in order, you are going to need your full party to storm an Imp. Prison on Kessel. That is if you wish to get out alive.

Your thoughts? If you all think you can do it I am game, otherwise I am thinking sidequest. Let me have some feedback so I can plan accordingly.

Great back story John. 1up for the Ewok. You are now a level 3 fuzzy ball of merciless death. Congrats on that.

See everyone Sat.

Sean

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I think that was the longest post John has ever wrote.

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am for a side quest, since we are down key members...

Great story John! Wanna do mine? lol :D

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Jayne the Ewok, I can see it. Lol.

18. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Bring in a laptop with a mic or AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Google Chat, and I'll play by remote.

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    John, loved yours! Inspired me to write mine. Please keep in mind that I haven't had to be write like this since high school, which was many, many years ago. I am also not anywhere near to an expert on EU and timelines. So feel free to correct my mistakes also. But do it kindly or else!!! :D

Vashti Fash despite her young age had seen a lot. Growing up in Level 88 of the Corellian Sector on Nar Shaddaa had taught her much. Not to trust anyone. That?s probably why she embraced technology like a religion.

Her family owned a small machine shop on Level 88 and Vashti had tinkered and played with technology all her life. Her parents in order to shelter her from her surroundings had bought or traded for any new technological gadget they could get. These were her friends, who she was allowed to play with. She had tried sneak out to make friends, but she thought logically and didn?t understand the imaginative games the other children would play. Usually she would end up the butt of a joke or she would say something ?smart? and would get beat up. Her older brother Kur didn?t have that problem had was friend to all. He knew how to joke, how to talk, she knew computers. He protected her when he could, but eventually he grew up and had embraced the life of a smuggler unto their parents liking. She rarely saw him anymore.

What did her parents think they were doing? She knew of crime, corruption, smuggling, murder, greed. They lived around it, with it, between it, amongst it. They did their best to keep their children as honest as straight as they could. It was that Zabrak pride that made them think they were better than those around them and that they would rise above without going through illegal or dark means. Kur resented his poor upbringing and it finally drove him away.

Vashti couldn?t stand a life alone. She did the occasional complex odd job through her parents shop fixing this and that. She was good at it and was sought out often. It made her even more lonely and angry even, hearing these people talk of all that was going on in the galaxy. And her she was stuck living with her parents in this small, section of the galaxy.

It was a normal day Vashti was repairing the navicomputer on an old Corellian YT-888. When trying to get better look she pulled off a panel door, a small data card must of become dislodged from its secret hiding place and fell to the floor. Vashti instantly became curious. She knew the aging older Zabrak pilot must just be a smuggler. But, curiosity made her wonder more.

When Aron Zult came in her parents recognized him and embraced him like an old friend. Did her parents know he was a smuggler? It couldn?t be. So she took out her data pad made sure no one was around and popped in that data card.

It was a cargo list with listings of where the cargo was to be dropped. And that cargo list was a small arsenal! That's when she realized who this pilot was and who he worked for. Being so engrossed in rereading the list she did not hear her mother and the pilot come in. Her mother asked her again, ?Vashti, how?s it going? Are you almost done? ?What? Yes,Almost done.? Vashti answered. ?What wrong?? her mother asked. ?Mother why didn?t you tell me you and father worked for the Rebellion?? Vashti blurted out.

And that was what started it all. Her parents had been assisting the rebellion by repairing ships and passing on information through their small machine shop for years and she and Kur had no idea.

So when the pilot started talking, explaining his mission, she made up her mind to leave and join the Rebellion. To fight back against all that was corrupt and evil, all that her parents had tried to shelter her from, for a cause bigger than her, to meet new people who could understand her, speak her language. Technology!!!

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Darn it, you two! Don't you know I have homework and no time to write an incredible story also? LOL

I better get busy... :D

21. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I had planned to clean my house, but pulled my back in the first ten minutes taking out the trash. Ugh! I have to sit or lay, so sit it is. John, inspired me! [face_batting]

22. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm feeling like dodging homework. Form4, will you PM me the stats (ie, name, age, etc) of my character so I can write a history?

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Jon, I don't have the laptop this weekend, but next time we meet I should (as long as it isn't a guard weekend).

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I wrote the background for my character today as well in the story I'm doing with the group I've been playing with. I'm a Jedi Guardian, working towards a weapons master.

25. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Christina,
    If there is just a few of us could we play downstairs in front of the computer? Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.