main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO ? STLFF Book Club (May Contain Spoilers) ?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Gangrenous, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Every time I've gone to the library it has been checked out :(

2. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I agree Frank, just pick a book, set a date and place and those who can will show up or it can be discussed on line. We are all just so blah right now.

3. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    maybe a combo of both... yea pick a book and I am game to do the online discussion... each book having its own thread with [Book Club] listed before the book title.(i.e. [Book Club] LOTF Bloodlines) Like everyone so far has said pick a book and lets start dicussing it.

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Hey all! I started a chat room for you... here. PM me for the password. And make sure you bookmark it!

Happy reading, and hopefully I can join in soon! :D

5. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Umm, we already did that, remember? You wanted to do the X-Wing series and that was what everyone else agreed on.

6. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    great then pick a evening and time and if I can be there I will get on and discuss. :D

7. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Well tomorrow and Saturday are both out for me... [face_thinking]

8. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    ok, my bad. I had not started the book until today. I just could not find the time, recently. Hopefully its ok, but I decided to do it as a book on tape. I spend a hour and 20 minutes commuting and this seemed the best option for me. I got up to the part where they have all "unofficially" been named to rouge squadron and they were discussing who already has a death mark on them.
    Its fun to hear where they were (just after Endor and two other engagements.) and knowing where some of them will end up (at present day.)(Coran as a jedi, etc.)

9. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    That's perfectly alright, Laura. [:D]

10. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Any idea where everyone else is in the book? Has everyone else even started the book? I know Sacrifice has been a huge distraction. And hopefully I can discuss that with everyone soon.
    Oh man, I got up to the part where Corran and Mirax meet. Too cool. I am so glad we decided to do this series first. For those who also don't have a lot of time to read, but lots of time sitting in rush hour traffic, you too may also want to look into Rouge Squadron book on tape at your local library. What a fun way to pass the time.

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I just finished re-reading book 5 again a couple weeks ago.

12. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I am almost done listening to book three. I did not have a copy of book two and niether did the library, so I skipped that one. (I will actually have to read (gasp) that one.) I did request the fourth book on tape from the library too. I think when I get done with the x wing series I am gonna listen to the New Jedi Order series books on tape. It is such a great way to pass the time comming and going to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.