main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL's Celebration 3 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm was really wanting to go to CIII, but unfortunately things did not turn out as well as I hoped. Life has a way of getting in the way. Therefore I will be there with you all in spirit (or should I say the Force). So when I'm sitting at my daughter's track meet that Sat in Cape, catching I hope some sun ( last yr they got rained out/cancelled) I' be thinking of you guys, and hoping she can get 1st place in high jump. I think she needs to work a little harder on using the force. :)
    :( :(

KOB-Do you think you can do me one of your badges to take with me and under my name put Wish I was there?

2. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I just got my badges yesterday. Talk about a good day - all of the midnight madness/exclusive stuff and then getting those badges in the mail - awesome! :)

3. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    KOB-Do you think you can do me one of your badges to take with me and under my name put Wish I was there?

NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW you tell me! :p I could do that. Dang. If you'd had just told me yesterday I could have gotten it laminated with the others.... :( (Kinkos charges $1.99 for an 8.5" X 11" laminating sheet....)

4. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    What can I say, I'm a busy mom of a 16 year old and I havent been able to get on and check oh, 2 weeks.

5. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Lucas is coming to Celebration!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Man security will be a mess now.

7. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
  8. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey, just got my hotel reservations, I'm staying at a Holiday Inn about 8 miles SE of the convention center. Has anybody staying out away from town figured out where they are going to park yet?

9. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am staying at the Sleep Inn and I guess it is 6 miles from the convention. I hadn't even begun thinking about parking... I know there are a lot of places but they are all going to be thur the roof... car pooling sounds good. :)

With that, what hotel(s)is everyone going to be in? Maybe this is a good time to figure it out.

10. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll be in the Chateau Kyle. [face_laugh]

Crap...I hadn't even thought about parking. Thanks for the big bummer.

BTW, Ken, great job on the badge you made. It looks great. Now I have to find some cool thing to hook it onto. I wonder if I still have my Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville "I love this job" thingy. What ARE those things called anyway?

11. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks, Amy (lanyard?)

I'm at the Crowne Plaza.

12. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I'm in the EconoLodge South (and probably going to cab it up to the convention center)

13. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    Patrick and I are staying at the Ramada Limited. The lady (and mapquest) swore that it was, at most, a 12 minute drive to the convention center.

I would have loved to have gotten a hotel room in the convention center group, but they were all booked when I went to make my reservation.

On the plus side, it's only $70 a night per room at the Ramada (with free breakfast) verses the $99 to $149 I was seeing at the center. So we have the rest of the "hotel fund" to blow at C3!!

14. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    I forgot to mention that anyone who is staying around or in the same hotel as us is more then welcome to ride up and/or back with us. My car seats 5 and there's only 2 of us in there so far! :)

We're planning on getting there very early in the morning and staying very late into the night. (Who needs sleep? lol!)

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    The Sleep Inn West in on Rockville Road. Is that near anyone? I am all for car pooling and sharing the cost of parking.

Sleeping? I not planning on sleeping much... :D

Here are my last questions for everyone... who is going to the parties on Friday and Saturday nights? And are we arriving in mass or on our own? (In other words are we hanging together some of the time, none of the time or all of the time...)

I am just trying to get a rough idea of what to do and when! And thanks John for bringing up the parking, I had not even started thinking about it.

16. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm going to the Fri/ Sat parties. (of course) Who all is going to 4-club after the party Saturday? (or Friday or Thursday. I LOVE that place!)

I know 4 people got their nametags. Anyone else?

17. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    We're going to the parties on both nights. Can't wait! :) Hadn't heard of a 4-Club, but it sounds interesting!

We haven't gotten ours yet, but expect them any day now.

Did you ever get your badges for C3?

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Randy's going to probably want to sleep some time that week. But I'm all about the organized parties!

19. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Hadn't heard of a 4-Club, but it sounds interesting!

Did you ever get your badges for C3?

4-club is a club on top of the mall. Four clubs, each a different genre, for one cover charge!!!!

Yep! I'm good to go! :D

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I still haven't recieved mine...(trying not to panic)!! :_|

21. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    Ken, The badge looks great! Thxs
    I'm staying at Econo Lodge South, there are 2 of us and we are in a van-so have room if someone needs a ride. I'm sure parking will be crazy, especially if they have sold double the amt of tickets as II.
    What is the info on the Fri party?

22. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Boy, we are all spread out. Not sure how we can arrange car pooling. I think it is worth a shot if anyone is interested...

23. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    Well, I know that my hotel is to the west of the con center. If anyone else is on the western side we can try a carpool that way.

Jedi Runya, it's probably taking longer because Darth Tater is personally delivering it to you! :D

I'm going to HAVE to check out that club! Thanks for the tip, KOB!!

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Ok, now I am in full panic mode. Where are my tickets, dang it... :mad:

I found Darth Tater and he didn't have them Titania, good try though!

I am on the west side too, so lets figure something out! [face_thinking] I am so excited!

25. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    It was worth a shot with the Tater! Did you give him a full cavity search? ;)

KEN! We got our badges from you today! They were awesome!!! The envelope alone was great. Thanks so much!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.