main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL's Celebration 3 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Split a hotel with me and your problems are solved!

2. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm already splitting a room with my Mom (and she's a handful. And she wants to meet you. Prepare for galaxy implosion!). She's open to crashing with a bunch of people, but I have a feeling that after rubbing shoulders with thousands of people all day, that I might need some me time before bed. I'm hoping to get some kind of multi-suite; if I can pull that off, we'll pawn rooms off on people.
    I'm driving the coorperate people at Omni batty, emailing them to find ways of not paying. I find out tomorrow if I can get a deluxe room there for $80 a night.
    Rules were meant to be bent over backwards and spanked!

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Hey KOB, I'm the mellow one of the two but I don't mind going to clubs from time to time. My friend really likes clubs and stuff. Mainly going to have good time and meet as many people as possible, make friends and such.

I'm also looking forward to some of the afterparties.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    The man behind all of the choreographed lightsaber duels in the prequels will be attending Celebration III this April! Nick was at Celebration II and can't wait to attend Celebration III!

:_| :_|

5. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Hey KOB, I'm the mellow one of the two but I don't mind going to clubs from time to time. My friend really likes clubs and stuff. Mainly going to have good time and meet as many people as possible, make friends and such.

I'm also looking forward to some of the afterparties.

OK. As long as I don't scare or offend you. (I've been described as....wild?) PM me and we'll work out all the details!

6. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Fanforce party. What's the deal? How do you get a ticket? Who's going? Etc.

7. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    ****! ****! ****!
    I've been in talks for days with the Omni people about getting a room (I'm a "select" person there, wierd deal), and I go online to reserve the room tonight, and they're ALL gone. In two hours. Not just at the Omni, but *everywhere*.
    ****!
    Kerrigan/ WHY!!!!
    This really is disappointing. Right now in my pitiful life, getting that going was the only fun thing.
    I *really* hope something else opens up.
    Stupid Friday internet surfers. Taking all the rooms.
    Please tell me that something else will open up in the next month.

8. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Have you tried looking at hotels around the airport? They may be a ways out, but they are cheaper... and may still have rooms... try here... www.indy.org

9. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    That would work if there were more than one of us in my group with a liscense. I know that after all day hanging out and then partying, driving will not be my thing.

10. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Tentative after-hours schedule:

Wednesday- Since not everyone will be there, we'll have to figure out what we want to do.

Thursday: Dinner at T.G.I.F. and bar-hopping, ending up at the Slippery Noodle.

Friday: Fanforce party.

Saturday: MALL CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does that sound?

11. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I think the big question is how are we all going to meet up those nights, esp. if some of us are not staying downtown. It would be good if we could somehow figure out how to do a carpool of some sort so that the more experienced can navigate; it sounds like a couple of you guys may already have a pretty good handle on Indy. Saves time and stress, you know.
    How old are most of the people with us going to be?
    The plan sounds great; I may not promise anything for Thurday, but the rest is a definately.
    That all is, of course, if you were talking to me, too.

12. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Um... You're my date! Duh! I can definitely navigate the party scene....

13. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Cool. I'm your date. You pick us up, I buy you some drinks. Or food. Your call.

14. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Wait. You have a boyfriend. I can't tick anyone off. I'll still dance with you, though...

15. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    So no carpool? :( Where you staying, anyway?
    Mom'll be there. She's got my back when it comes to the other boy. [-E-evil_face]

16. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I explained KOB to r2fu2 and asked if it was still cool if I stayed with them. I'm still waiting to hear back.... :p

17. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Well, we're still figuring out what to do about all this housing stuff. I think we'll know by tonight. I know that we're still open to an extra roomate, so we'll see what comes up. It'll either be the Crowne, and I don't repay my student loans, or Quality by the airport.
    Keep in touch with me, and if the other doesn't work out you may still not be out of luck.

18. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks, Darlin'

19. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    KOB was staying at the Embassy Suites as far as I knew. Aren't you? Huh? :p

20. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Rule #1: Don't fill your backpack with beer and wander the convention...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/BEERse.jpg]

21. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
  22. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    [face_laugh]
    Saved and mailed.

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
  24. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    There's always something funny about seeing Storm Troopers in "our world". I'd like to have a picture of storm troopers guarding the president while he's giving a speech (you know...with blasters in hand at attention beside the American flag), but not Bush. Clinton woulda done it. He was cool like that.

25. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Don't make me make it.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.